Ellers, and the war on silvermoon.

Welcome to the hearth of our common room! We'll share our ale if you'll share a story. Or perhaps a song or poem? Whatever takes your fancy will find a home here. ((Public forum readable by any visitor))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Ellers

Ellers, and the war on silvermoon.

Postby Ellers » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:00 pm

"wake up little palidan... I can't have you die like this"nThe voice pulled his mind back... he could again feel the harsh ropes of the hammock bed, digging into his back, and could hear the sounds of the bar around him. He opened his eye and could see an all to familiar figure, standing next to him.n"Sylvanas.. what are you doing here?" he croaked, his voice sounding like he hadn't used it in a week.n"lets just say a certain friend of yours, got ahold of me. she wans't to pleased about what i had sent you to do."nHe chuckled, "Zay.. she saved me."n"yes and did what you were supposed to, without your help. I'll have to remember that."n"maybe next time you will call someone else. I don't have a death wish."n"Hmm you said the same thing a long time ago."nat this his mind wandered, pulling him into the past... once again he stood, in the mighty palace in silvermoon. he could once again feel the magic of the sunwell, permeating the great halls. Sylvanas sat in the chair next to him, concern in her eyes, as cold as they were.n"What happened out there. Tell me."nn----------------------------------------------------------------nn"Its impossible my lord!" Ellers looked at the Elf, his face pale at the news. Sylvanas stepped forward.n"It is not, The undead have come to our borders. They are lead, b the traitor prince, Arthas Menathil."nAt the mention of his name Ellers's eyes flashed, he had trained with Arthas, him to be a knight, Arthas to be a palidan. he didn't believe that that man could be leading the undead to their borders.n"Furthermore, he is slaying and raising all in his path, but I know he won't enter our forests, as long as the barrier is not breached."n"Sire," Elllers spoke up, he knew the order of Lorderen and Eversong went straight through his home, "Let me lead the defense, in Tranquillian, If that make it through the barrier, they will not step a foot past us."nAnasterian looked at him, doubt in his wise eyes. "Boy, you have barely begun to learn to lead. I gave you the posistion because of your outstanding actions in the second war, what makes you think this enemy is like that one?"n"Similar or not, we are quel'dorei and we shall slaughter any who would defile our homeland."n"Very well. Go, take your forces, and that of Lady Windrunners, to Tranquillian. Do not fail me Master Brightblaze, our lives depend on it."nEllers left the chamber, Sylvanas trailing behind him.n"what the hell do you think your doing? You have someone to come home to, you have a life to live, and your going to throw it away here? I'm starting to regret saving you from the dark portal."n"If I fail, there will be no home to go to, no family waiting. meet me in trainquillian in a few hours, we have defenses to set up."nHe left the room without another word, quickly mounting his hawkstrider and heading towards the gates to the south.nn-------------------------------------------------------------nnHe stood at the southern end of Tranquillian, his magnificant sword Destiny in his hands, his eyes scanning the hills for sings of the Undead. Sylvanas approached him, tapping him on the shoulder.n"Ellers, you shouldn't be here... this isn-"n"Isn't my what?" He turned, his eyes ablaze with vengeance, "Not my fight? Not my home? No. If I die it will be ehre, defending those I love, sword in hand, bodies of my foes collapsed around me."nShe looked at him tears welling up in the corners of her eyes, from the hashness of his words. He turned back to the south, jaw set in stone.n"Set your rangers on the upper sections of buildings, and have your knights lay in wait inside the buildings."nShe turned and started walking away, shoulders slumped. He turned and Plunged his blade into the ground at his feet.n"Brothers and Sisters, Elves, Defenders of Silvermoon, come to me." His voice rang out throughout the forest, the forces in it gathering in front of him.n"The Traitor Prince comes to our doorstep this day, and with him he brings death. Death for us and Death for those you love. he comes to OUR forest, to OUR lands, and I say we tolerate him no longer. He has slain our kinsmen, burned our homes and betrayed us. And today, he will go NO FARTHER!" With his last words he pulled Destiny from the dirt, holding it up for all to see, "Although many will not make it out, our name shall forever be sung in legend. So know, I ask you. Will YOU follow me, Into legend!? Then follow me!"nHe turned from the gathering, his speech over. The forces moved about, readying themselves for combat. His trained eyes scanned the hills once more. It was going to be a long night, he just knew it.nn----------------------------------------------------------------nnBy the third day the blockade was erected, and the defenders had fortified Tranquillian. It was then that they heard them. The grinding of the catapults, the droning of the mindless footsteps. The defenders stiffened and prepared for the battle ahead. The droning grew louder and louder, and soon the hordes of Undead where visible, masses of flesh shambling towards the town, and then that's when He spotted Arthas. He stood on a hill, overlooking the impending battlefield. He raised his blade high and a single proclamation caused the shambling masses to surge forward.n"Slay them all..."nThe defenders readied them selves, saying final prayers, and testing the barricades. Ellers looked back in the direction of Goldenmist, praying that Dalina made it out. He turned to the charging horde, lofting his blade up. Charging forward to meet the tide of undeath he swung his blade, cleanly slicing three ghouls in two. continuing with the momentum he swung back, severing a necromancers arm, dropping him to the ground. Lost in the carnage of battle he continued destroying any scourge that had the audacity to stand near him, causing a void in the battle, where he was. hearing a Call from the back his keen eyes shifted to the sky, where several Gargolyes where closing in on him. Shouting above the battle, he called for the rangers to the back, and almost instantly, A shower of arrows rained on top of them. Looking back to the battle he dodged a swing from a lumbering abomination. Bringing his blade up in an Arc in an attempt to cleave the abominations head, the monstrosity knocked it out of his hand. Panicked He scanned the ground, finding it several feet away. realizing this was it he rushed the Abomination, hoping to tip it over. What happened next He couldn't explain, but a power fulled him, his whole body burned and The undead flesh crumbled and burned when it touched him. Not willing to lose a second to ponder it he grabbed his blade, and was amazed as it started to glow, and he began cutting a swath throught the undead. Calling for a retreat he realized Arthas had done the same.nn----------------------------------------------------------nnHis wounds set, and the confusion of Battle dissipated he called for Sylvanas. n"I Heard you had fallen in battle Ellers, I'm glad to see you safe."nHe chucked at this. "Safe.. no, that was a test, he wanted to know the extent of our defenses. to him his soldiers are worthless, fodder to be used as he pleases. his next attack will wipe this place out.n"And we will stop h-"n"No Sylvanas. We can't. What we say today is bu the tip of the spear. thats why I'm sending you back."n"WHAT!!? You can't Ellers.. the village would be defensless!"n"Not as long as I remain breathing"n"You... you can't stay behind... I won't let you!"n"You have no choice. As your commanding officer I am releiving you of your duties, alon with everyone else here, and sending you to the defense of Silvermoon. Do not fail our people Sylvanas. Do not fail me."n"Ellers..." Tears began falling from her eyes "What will become of you?"n"I Will fall, but I will slow them as much as possible. I will give you time to warn Silvermoon. And If they return me, Destroy me."n"I... I cannot Ellers."n"You must, now gather the forces and flee."nJust then a huge crash could be heard, followed by panicked shouts from outside, standing and sheathing Destiny on his back, he strode outside to see a contingent of elves, attempting to douse a fire on a nearby house. A pale skinned elf approached him and hurriedly gave his report.n"sir, they have wheeled in the catapults, and they are shooting what looks like bodies at us, what are our orders?"nNodding he stood his full height and called out "To me Men!"nThe Elves gathered around him, faces dirty and pale.n"I have new orders for all of you. If we die here, we may die in vain and leave our beautiful city defenseless, so I am sending you all back to Silvermoon. Tell them what you saw here, warn them. And be ready. Go, gather your hings and be off."nWalking towards the southern end of the town he contemplated his fate. His men had set up wards through out the forest, making the only viable way through Tranquillian. He would be holding the might of the scourge at bay himself. his ears perked up at the sound of approaching footsteps, turning to find Sylvanas standing in front of him.n"Ellers, I know this may be the last time I see you, I just wanted to say... Dalina Is a lucky girl." Her face flushed, and he felt heat rising in his as well "I guess this is goodbye..." She leaned in, kissing him on the cheek, and he pulled her into a embrace.n"Goodbye Sylvanas... be safe.. for me"nWith that she turned, tear flowing freely from her eyes, and ran to the north, moving with the mass of elves. turning his gaze to teh south he once again saw Arthas, upon the hill, glaring down on him. This time his voice rang out.n"Is this it? One lone elf Against the might of the scourge?"n"I am more than enough to deal with your petty rabble Arthas, or perhaps your don't remember me."n"I recognize that voice Ellers. you will make a fine death knight when I am through with you. And I will have you kill those you love most."n"You will pay for your betrayal Arthas."n"Very well, Attack!"nThe masses surged forward, rushing toward the lone defender. He met them head to head, cleaving through the undead as though they were made of paper. He continued to cut them down, their corpses piling up around him, but for every one he cut down ten would take its place, without thinking he plunged his blade straight into the ground, The Light that had coursed through him the last time now consecrating the ground beneath him, destroying all undead that dared pass. The battle continued for hours, the never ending horde of undead funneling into the town, only to be cut down by the lone Elf. Untl a chill came to the battleground. Looking up he saw Arthas, atop his dread horse, coming towards him.n"You impress me Elf. you have discovered The light, as I did. But you wield it with such ferocity, You will make a fine death knight, when the light abandons you, as it did I."n"I will never serve you, monster." with that Ellers spit at his feet and charged forward, his blade clashing with the magnificent Runeblade in Arthas's hands. bringing his foot down and dismounting Arthas walked toward the elf.n"fine we do it your way."nEllers glared at him, a circle of the undead forming around them, Bringing his blade up he prayed for strength, and charged forward. the blades met, and parted many times in quick succession, the whirling strum around them spelling death for those that strayed to near. They fought for what seemed like forever. Sensing he might actually lose, Arthas quickly cast a spell, blasting Ellers with dark magic. The elf collapsed, looking up at the victor, waiting for the deathblow.n"I have use for you. Collect his body, keep him alive."nThe last thing her remembered was the feeling of cold dead hands along his body.
"Its better to Die on your feet, than live on your knees"

Return to “Tavern of the Setting Sun”