The Rumor from Booty Bay [RP event]

Welcome to the hearth of our common room! We'll share our ale if you'll share a story. Or perhaps a song or poem? Whatever takes your fancy will find a home here. ((Public forum readable by any visitor))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

The Rumor from Booty Bay [RP event]

Postby Warburn » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Warburn heard from Musta'Krakesh who heard from Zigzog that there was a goblin in Booty Bay that knew of a goblin engineering company with a contract to dig second sewer entrance into Undercity.

A Nyx team is ordered to report to Patrol the area every night for the next 3 nights at 9pm Goblin Standard Time (ST).

(( Jan 22nd 9pm patrol should run in with an Alliance War Patrol ))
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Re: The Rumor from Booty Bay [RP event]

Postby Aitana » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:53 pm

Aitana's report:
Leothiel and I surveyed all the grounds surrounding Undercity. He showed me an article in the newspaper with a notice that a goblin company has been awarded a contract for some pubic works. It was rather suspicious and raised many questions. We will continue to patrol and attempt to determine why the Forsaken would employ the goblins. We have reason to believe that this is a major security breech. We will continue our patrols tomorrow as directed.

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:30 am

A spirit wolf sniffs out Aitana and delivers her this message:

Good work Aitana & Leothel! I will investigate deh source of dah advert. But I doubt deh Banshee Queen would hire goblins. Me lookin forward to yooz othah updates.

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:34 pm

Aitana's report:
On our second day of patrolling around Lordaeron, more of us were on patrol to better cover the area. We broke into two search parties; Tasera and Theotaz patrolled the area immediately adjacent to the ruins of Lordaeron, and Demineria, Estemi and I patrolled the areas further out in Tirisfal glades. Erathin, an applicant to join the followers of Lady Nyx, also joined us. We found no evidence of any goblin activity.

It was suggested that the rumors of possible duplicity on the part of the goblins is just that, a rumor. However, the notice we found yesterday of the small public works project being awarded to the goblins does still seem suspicious and makes the rumors more believable. We will continue our nightly patrol again this evening.

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:34 pm

A letter:
Dear Adaelia,

The word of the success of the Iron Serpents in Northrend is spreading. Congratulations to you all!

While you have been off doing great feats of heroism in Northrend, I have been assigned to patrol the area around the Undercity. There are rumors that goblins might be plotting to work with the Alliance to dig a secret tunnel to allow them to invade.

So far we have found no signs of any such activity, and the patrols have been tedious. At times like these I miss those times when you would invite a group of friends to gather around the bonfire in Thunderbluff to share stories.

If you are free this evening, would you care to join me during the nightly patrol? It would be a joy to see you again.

Your friend,
Aitana

Adaelia
Emissary
Emissary

Postby Adaelia » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Dear Aitana,

Thank you for your kind words. We are excited to have made such progress in the northern climates. It is very interesting that you chose to write to me recently as I too had heard rumours of the Goblin activity surrounding the Undercity sewer systems.

I am due back in Orgrimmar this evening to finish up some alchemy experiments. If I have some time before it gets too dark I will take the zepplin to Undercity and try to keep you company.

Kindest Regards,

Adaelia Sunwhisper

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:50 pm

2 weeks ago

A rumor makes it's way to Lady Nyx
Me (Warburn's) nephew Musta'Krakesh's best budd - Zigzog was in Booty Bay on one of the nights he was preforming there with his band. He was still trying to get Linuin Whispersong the Night Elf vocalist of the earlier quartet to notice his existence when he over heard his bands drummer yell in the back ground.

Stepping back stage he saw Crusher his groups Death Knight drummer towering over a goblin stage hand.

Crusher: "Why you telling me?"

Goblin: "Just do as I say, Knight! Tell the Ebon Hold commanders what I told you, sir if you pleaze!"

When the goblin noticed Zigzog he quickly scampered up a ladder to grip the set.
Zigzog looked at Crusher. "Wazat all abouts me brodduh?"

Crusher: "I know not. The goblin asked me to relay a message to the Ebon Hold commanders"
Zigzog: "What was it?"
Crusher: "It did not make sense. Why would he want me to tell them his uncle works for a construction company going to work on a second entrance to Undercity? I do not understand it."

Later, Zigzog told his friend Musta'Krakesh what he had heard. Musta, knowing goblins weren't too welcome in Undercity thought he should check with Master Warburn Smoketusk.

... Warburn took his nephew's report to Lady Nyx who asked him to investigate the matter. And so from that day forth the forces of Nyx started patrolling Tristfall Glades in search of goblin activity.

When more recently, a force 1 score strong of Alliance appeared in the Forsaken lands. The Horde of Nyx and Iron Serpeants rallied to meet them.

Are they employed or employing goblins? What be their plans? Is Undercity in danger?

Strife might be inevitable at this point.

Adaelia
Emissary
Emissary

Postby Adaelia » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:54 pm

The ship sailed into the Booty Bay harbour, less than gracefully - bashing every piece of debris between the docks and the Goblin statue. Adaelia mumbled something rude in Thalassian under her breath before hopping off the boat and onto the dock. The sea air blew her auburn hair around her face and her tongue tasted the dry salt blowing up from the water. She didn't know what she was looking for, only that something was here to be found. The boards creaked below her feet as she slung her mace over her right shoulder and picked up her pack. She didn't relish an evening overnight here, but she knew that what she needed to find out wouldn't be found in the light of day. As the last of the sun fell below the South Sea horizon the Bloodelf made her way towards the Salty Sailor Tavern.

The old ship was warm inside and loud boisterous laughter filled the room. Behind the bar a small green female was cooking some fish and the smell mingled with Dwarven ale, forming a tantalizing aroma that drew Adaelia to the bar.

“Greetings” the short cook said. “Whatill it be?”

“Well, I was hoping to find a place to stay the night, are there any vacancies?” Adaelia asked hopefully.

“For a girl like you, there is always room in McKinley’s bed!” a man yelled from across the bar.

Unimpressed, Adaelia shot back a look which shut the old fisherman up.
“I’m looking for a SINGLE room,” she said returning her gaze to the goblin.
“Of course m’dear” she said cheerfully. “Don’tcho mind old Red Beard down there, once he gets drinkin’ his mouth don’t close.”
“Follow me” the goblin said, wiping her hands on a tired apron much too long for her short frame. “I have a nice warm bed for you upstairs.”

After getting settled, Adaelia reemerged from her room into the wooden hallway. Paintings of great seascapes and mounted fish décor hung precariously on the planked walls. She took a seat at a nearby empty table, the flicker of candle light colliding with the hanging fish cast mangled aquatic shadows on the ceiling. She picked up the menu, feigning interest. She had known what she wanted for dinner from the moment she arrived. Whatever that goblin had been cooking would be just fine.

“So, what will you be having tonight?” A female voice said from behind the menu.
“I’d like the fish special..uh, whatever your cook is frying up down there is fine for me,” she replied handing over the menu.

“And to drink?” the waitress asked while scribbling something onto her notepad.

“Just a glass of your house wine.”

“Whatever you say…”
the waitress replied and walked off to place the order.

Adaelia took this solitary moment to visually investigate the place further. From her seat she could see the back corner where, presumably, the band had been playing that fateful night. Tangled cords sat in a dusty corner and a few partially filled cups remained stacked on a nearby railing. It looked less like the setting for a business meeting and more like one for a scraggly pirate party.

Adaelia popped her head over the railing to check on the location of her waitress. She didn’t imagine she would be forthcoming with information and would probably be irritated to find a strange Bloodelf snooping around the electrical equipment. Her eyes darted to the tables below until she spotted the dark chestnut hair of the girl who had just been serving her. She was chatting up the old pirate the cook had referred to earlier as Red Beard. She couldn’t see the waitress’ face from her position, but ol’ Red Beard seemed to be having a good time. “Blech,” she thought to herself. She hoped her investigation would be fruitful enough so she wouldn’t have to resort to going to him for information, although she imagined he probably had some secrets to share about the patrons of this place.

While the waitress was preoccupied, Adaelia took the opportunity to get a closer look at the source of the rumour. As she got closer to the pile of cords the darkness revealed scattered papers she hadn’t been able to see before. Most of them were flyers promoting the bands performance, but a few of them were not. She quickly picked up the papers that weren’t stuck to the floor and scurried back to her seat just in time to see the waitress heading up the stairs with her dinner. Adaelia stuffed the papers into her pocket and hungrily awaited the arrival of her meal. After eating, she would head back to her room where she could view the papers in private.

The meal was delicious and satisfied every twinge of hunger the smells earlier had generated. Eternally grateful, Adaelia left a shiny Dalarian silver coin on the table as a symbol of her gratitude towards the waitress, or more importantly the cook, and headed towards her room.

Contrast to the tacky tavern wall hangings, Adaelia’s room was cozy, warm, and contemporary. The room appeared to be elfish in theme; golden flutes spiraling into a headboard above her bed and a patchwork quilt covering the mattress, acted as a showcase for a collection of threads that resembled druidic scenes from Darnassus. Adaelia plopped down on the bed, tired from her day of travels, but realizing that her work had now only just begun. She pulled the collection of papers from her pocket and began spreading them across the bed. Most of them were only receipts from the band’s drinks that evening. The rest were too illegible to read, the ink smeared from spilled ale and dirty shoes.

Discouraged, Adaelia began crinkling up the papers and throwing them into the trash can in the corner until she noticed a torn piece of paper that had stuck itself to the bottom of a drink receipt. This piece was made of parchment and discoloured. Carefully, she separated the two papers, hoping what was on the other side would still be readable.

Pulling the two pieces apart revealed what looked like the portion of a work order. Only a segment of the order was visible…

…dercity Sewer Work
Foreman: Grizzle Sp…

The signature initializing the order was intact, but undecipherable.

“So there IS a work order regarding the Undercity,” she gasped.

Baelspar
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Baelspar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:03 pm

Amidst the smoke and thundering hammers, a long stream of Thalassian curses flowed. From the heat and steam, a well attired engineer appeared. The finely crafted gloves bearing the emblem "B" held aloft a mechanized gizmo. The thing was charred in places and emitted sparks. With all the fury of an adept on her 16th name day, the engineer threw the thing to the ground.

"SCUFFLEPOT!" bellowed out the engineer's voice in harmonious rage. A number of passersby in Silvermoon City turned to look at the angered engineer. "If you are going to stare, be useful. Have you seen any goblins about?"

The crowd mimed out various negative responses and left the engineer in his anger. It seemed that Bael'spar Mon'tisto would have to get to the bottom of this on his own.

Before serious investigative work could begin, Bael'spar shut down all the critical elements of his shop. The mana inverter quietly subsided. Tools were carefully placed within their netherweave lined cradles. With a final visit to the apron rack to hang his gloves and apron, Bael'spar then made his way to the Silvermoon City inn.

Upon entering the inn, he noted that he was not the only Sin'dorei in a foul mood. Ke'elen Sheets, Silvermoon City's finest tailor in residence, was fuming.

"Damn gnomes," growled the tailor. "You'd think that they would be acclimatized by now..., but no. They still cry and cry and cry."

Bael'spar signaled the barkeep for a bottle of the finest. He took a seat next to Ke'elen.

"And the tears..." He looked up at Bael'spar. "Do you know what tears do to frostweave?"

"It's the salt, stains it like it was used in a Kaluak love nest." Bael'spar had found a kindred spirit in the tailor. "And that never comes out. I once tried dipping it in venom just to see if it would eat through the stain and leave some material behind. Nothing doing. The tear stains were the last to go."

"I tried using every arcane cleansing known to the Sin'dorei. Nothing worked." Ke'elen leaned in, and whispered, "I have even sent samples to the Kirin Tor to see if there was anything that they could do about it, but they laughed. Oh, but they will know that I won't rest until I find a solution to this problem."

At this point, Bael'spar saw his chance to insert his problem, and hopefully would find a solution.

"Have you considered hiring goblins for your work?"

A mouth full of Dalaran white sprayed forth, getting into Bael'spar's clothes and hair.

"My apologies, friend," placated Ke'elen. "I will personally clean your garments. Just have one of your servants bring it to me.

"I just can't countenance letting goblins into my clothier. They want to short cut everything, and it always seems that they know someone that can get it for you cheaper; but it's always of inferior quality. Besides, they'll shut down one project if enough funding goes through to get them started on another. Much like this thing their building over in Undercity."

Bael'spar couldn't hold the shock back from his face.

"What project in Undercity?"

"Well, there was a warlock in the shop who looks like he'd be more comfortable if someone reburied him. I asked him why he came all this way. Really, I wanted to hear how my goods were the best. So, I was not prepared for his real motive. It appears the some goblins were going to be laying some foundations, or creating some windmill or some such outside the ruins."

Hearing that, Bael'spar leapt to his feet.

"Well, I need to go speak with someone about this. I think that they are using my goblins!"

Bael'spar stormed out of the city and made arrangements to be flown to Booty Bay. Answers would be found in Gadgetzan...
Grellix - 42 Mage/Yaengohl - 80 Rogue/Baishan - 39 Hunter/Urina - 72 Shaman

Return to “Tavern of the Setting Sun”