Captured Enemy (open RP)

Welcome to the hearth of our common room! We'll share our ale if you'll share a story. Or perhaps a song or poem? Whatever takes your fancy will find a home here. ((Public forum readable by any visitor))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Re: Captured Enemy (open RP)

Postby Aitana » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:02 pm

Tindr Thornleif wrote:A scroll has managed to make its way into the hands of the Nyx leadership. As it unfolds, it reads as follows:

Ishnu'alah,

It is understood that you hold our Commander captive.
I am sending this missive in hopes that we can arrange for his release in a peaceful manner.

We have in our possession an artifact of which I think you might find of interest and worth. I am
certain you have at least heard a few of the rumors which surround its existance. Many of which
have been spreading throughout the Underground of Azeroth, such as Booty Bay, for many months
now.

Some have said this artifact is a focus for opening a Portal that was presented to Queen Azshera
the Highborne herself and used in the first attempt to bring the Legion to Azeroth. Others say it is
container that holds the last sample of the original Well of Eternity.

I am certain you would find this artifact of great value and worth. The same value that we hold for our
Commander. I am willing to offer it to you in exchange for Commander Leikos' release, unharmed.

If you so desire to make such a trade, we shall be willing to meet with you in two nights at a location
of your choosing at the hour of 9pm.

I look forward to your response.

~ Tindr Thornleif
Lt. Commander of the Al'shar lo Dor'ano

Aitana reread the note yet again and snorted quietly to herself. They has all agreed to the exchange, but she was still uneasy. It could be a trap. For all she knew they would all be slaughtered the instant Commander Leikos was returned, and the Alliance would loot the artifact from their lifeless corpses.

She let out a long sigh. Gorehorn was right. There was nothing else left to do with the prisoner, but kill him or trade him, and this looked like a good trade. The idea of killing him cold blood offended her sensibilities so this looked like the only reasonable alternative.

But ...

She read the letter again.

After a few more moments thought, she pulled out several pieces of parchment and a writing implement.

This is a matter of great delicacy. I cannot write about the details, but I might need your assistance. We have known each other for a very long time, and I hope you know me well enough to do as I ask without explanation.

This is of the greatest urgency that you restrain your natural impulse to kill the Alliance on sight if they are accompanied by one of the Horde. If all goes well, the night will be uneventful. But if not, we will need your sword and as many as you can gather that will follow directions to fight along side of us. Please wait in Crossroads until you signal from me.

And I repeat, it is of the utmost importance that you do not attack unless you get the signal from me.

I am counting on you.

Your friend always,
Aitana

The combined force of the Blackmoon Tribe, Iron Serpents, and Nyx would probably be sufficient, but she was still uneasy. Putting the letters in the mailbox in Rachet helped her breath a little easier. She knew that her friends would cover her back.

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:39 pm

Leikos Darkwood wrote:A raspy chuckle came from Warburn, “Ya be a stubborn old goat, Commando. I be givin’ ya dat.”

“Indeed,” Leikos replied, “Now that I have answered your questions, I have questions of my own, Warburn. What do you know about the Horde’s involvement with the Burning Blade? I need to be informed. Your answers may very well enable us to prevent another war…”

"Any Horde involved wit de Burning Blade is a traitah! Plain an' simple."

"Yah's was attacked because yooz raid was hostile in our lands. I be sure de situation would be de same if yahs caught me snooping around de gates of Stormwind.

" I remembah very well de day yooz came to inspect de ruins of Lorderon, but didn't entah de Undah-city. In fact yooz gave me sleepless nights for tryin tah figya out what yah alls was doin dere! It seemed very strange dat you were hostile, in our ruins, but did not push in when you could have."

"And we saw yoozes soldah wit de burning blade scum and from de look of tings he was wit dem. And fo dat we tracked yah, when yooz came to Durotar we knew it wasn't fo any good.

Commander Leikos listened carefully to everything Warburn said.

"Commando Leikos, our time is running short. If yooz have mo to say, pleaze say it now. For it be soon time fo us tah go.
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Leikos Darkwood
Known Alliance
Known Alliance

Postby Leikos Darkwood » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:14 am

"Know that my people have are not involved with the Burning Blade, Warburn. I believe you when you tell me that yours are also free of their corruption. However, the Horde has been infiltrated. All roads lead to this conclusion. Something must be done and if you are not willing to do it, then I will be forced to act."

As Leikos made the stern statement, warhorns could be heard in the distance. Leikos stood and walked over to the window. Far off on the mainland shore, a Horde army could be seen moving towards the North.
I do not fear the shadows, I embrace them. Doing so gives me the strength to battle back the true darkness...

¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ~:~:~ :~ : ████►
▄██ L █ E █ I █ K █ O █ S ██▅▄▃▂
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

Return to “Tavern of the Setting Sun”