Aftermath ((open tavern RP after Leikos' transfer))

Welcome to the hearth of our common room! We'll share our ale if you'll share a story. Or perhaps a song or poem? Whatever takes your fancy will find a home here. ((Public forum readable by any visitor))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Theotaz

Re: Aftermath ((open tavern RP after Leikos' transfer))

Postby Theotaz » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:39 pm

Theotaz had talked with the earthen and the titan constructs and automata and was no closer to an answer then before. The library of the titans only gave him the answer "Data Availible. Your current access level is insufficient to access requested information. Approval of high rating pending. Stand by" and that was it. Days later nothing had changed. Theotaz was not used to this level of frustration but what was to be done?
Still, knowing that there was information was not quite the same as no information.

He would see them later today and pass on what little he had found out.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:36 am

With a sign, Asarelah glared at the offending hem of her gown… still decorated with unsightly red blotches. She had tried everything to remove the unsightly marks, but no magicks would get blood stain out once it had set in.

“Where had it all started??” she mused. Thinking back, she remembered…

Ordered by the Lady Nyx, Asarelah was with the small party on the plains of the Barrens at the disastrous transfer of the Ally prisoner Leikos. Trying to affect the transfer, her small party had fallen quickly and horribly, with much blood letting, to Alliance treachery. While to the north, dying whispers of the transfer band’s fate reached Elder Aitana’s ears. Aitana ordered her troupe to respond in kind, and the Nyxian force fought viciously to secure the agreed upon ransom: a mysterious artifact.

Lah had also attended the Epic Battle in the Ruins of Mathystra. Standing shoulder to shoulder amongst horribly outnumbered Horde Defenders, the small force fought valiantly to hold the Tower ground floor against a determined Legion of Alliance - while Elder Eyesore and his Disciple Tasera had searched for the Mathystra Scrolls in the upper levels. After the Scrolls were found, the band of Horde barely escaped with their lives through a Portal hastily thrown up by brave Leothiel.

But it all boiled down to the unsightly hem of her favorite battle gown… there was something within these stains that just refused to move, as if they were being held down by main force….. Mighty magicks had flown rampant at both battles…. and the stains were bravely earned. Perhaps that was in itself a clue to the reason these stains remained steadfast.

“Mighty magicks…. ahhh, could that be it??” she thought to herself. “There was much blood…. Ours and theirs…. This blood could be any ones, mine included. Let us just see, then.”

Gathering up the ruined gown, she walked over to the window and splayed the hem fabric against the pane, letting the bright sunlight wash over it. Concentrating on the stains, she cast Dispell, and then watched in earnest to see what would happen.

When the magick hit the sunlit blood stains, they seemed to catch fire, and come to life. Runes danced across the hem, then through the air in front of her eyes, twisting and turning this way and that, teasing her, testing her, to glean their meanings. But the writings were not within her knowledge. They looked hauntingly familiar, but she could not discern their intent.

Of one thing she was very certain. Magical Blood Runes originating from both those strange battles were another clue to bring before the Nyxian Tribal Counsel. She might not be able to read them, but she was sure Elder Eyesore could explain their meanings.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Eyesore
Elder
Elder

Postby Eyesore » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:23 pm

The old orc considered the stains on the garment, then looked into the blood elf's eyes. "Lah, I am sorry, but I have not seen their like before now." He shifted her gown in the light, watching the blood runes shimmer with latent potency. Handing it back to her, he said, "As far as runes go, I understand that blood is a favored medium. But I have never heard of such an enchantment being cast in battle." He ran his gnarled hand through the gray bristles along the crest of his head as he considered the possibilities.

"Two things occur to me lass. One, that the runes may have already been bound to your robe before the bloody battle activated them, mayhap even attracting the blood. And second, if that turns out to be the case, you may have other items that are bespelled also." His look was intent as he added, "This is beyond my understanding, but by any standard, a blood rune is a powerful thing. Were I in your place, I would seek out Bael'spar. Yes, I would seek Bael'spar. He would get to the heart of the matter."

He stepped back, but did not break eye contact, "And Asarelah, I wouldn't put off doing so. I would go now."

Lah looked at the concern in Eyesore's gaze, then nodded her head.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:46 am

Walking out of Eyesore’s study, Lah was still shaking her head with concern. She had no idea the soiled blood marks on her gown would cause such a look of consternation in the much respected Elder’s eyes. “I have never seen him look that worried,” she mumbled to herself.

His words alarmed her…that any enchantment could already be bound to her favorite Battle Gown, unbeknownst to her, was enough to set off red flags of danger racing through her head. Would she have to go through her entire wardrobe to see if any other of her armour had also been tampered with? Who would do such a thing? How… and more importantly, When?

Yes, she had much idle time on her hands, and tended to dally about Shattrath City, spending much time in the Tavern of the Lower City, enjoying the entertainment. And she very much liked to stroll the gardens of Dalaran, and could frequently be seen here and there, out and about. "I suppose some one could have planted the Blood Runes on me any where, at any time," she muttered. But for someone to have perhaps planted such dark runes on her gown was frightening, at the very least.

Still, she felt certain the only explanation for the sudden appearance of such blood that could not be removed after a battle (as it had been countless times in the past) must have originated at either the disastrous prisoner transfer that started all this artifact business, or at the Tower battle for the much needed scrolls. It had been many moons since she had waded in so much blood - Alliance and Horde mingling together in a hot red torrent of gore, at both scenes of carnage.

Thinking back though, she remembered that much more magick had flown rampant at the Tower battle. The air had been extremely heavy laden with the castings of untold spells. On the bottom floor, magicks cast layer upon layer filled the air so thick that it was nearly impossible to see the person standing at her shoulder, much less at the head of the fight. And she remembered stooping down, firebolts wizzing past her ears, nearly crawling, as she tried to heal the fighters at the fore of the fray. That was when the hem of her gown had picked up the worst of the gore. Perhaps the runes had been bound to her gown then. That had to be the answer!

There was no doubt her mind that these mysterious Blood Runes had something dark to do with the Silver Artifact that Aitana had ordered held in safe keeping. Fear that danger surrounded the puzzling trophy was only too real. She would not stand idle by and allow that danger to over take her beloved Tribe.

Lah hurried to warn Theotaz - to make sure his containment of the Artifact was in tact and secure. And she must remember to warn Tasera to check her gear, as she and her beloved sister were frequently together, in and out of trouble.

She would take Eyesore’s sage advice to heart, and seek out Bael’spar immediately!!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Tasera

Postby Tasera » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:48 pm

The female troll adjusted her shoulders to a more comfortable position. Her vibrant red eyes locked on the scrolls, trying her best to decipher anything. They have been taunting her, with the strange markings words and pictograms. The only thing that has kept her interest in trying to find the meaning of those letters was the safety of her brothers and sisters in Nyx. If this item is as dangerous as everyone believes, it was well worth the time and stress.

She went to investigate them about once a day, grabbing them from where Warburn had them hidden in his hut and making her way some place safe. This time Tasera found herself near silver moon, in fact where the guild often has it's meetings. There she had stashed books of ancient languages to see if she can at least identify the markings.

"Dis...dis is such a pain" she muttered, her head thunking against the table. The sharp tempered troll had just about had it now. She was running on fumes. If Vol'jin saw her, he would probably whack her up side the head and push her to keep studying, but he was not here. It was just her, alone with that image of the mysterious trinket laughing at her.

Then, something caught her ears, it caused her to perk up and listen to the winds. A whisper amongst those of Nyx, "Lah, dere be sometin' wrong with her?" she mumbled to herself trying to listen, "Runes? Stranges ones on a dress." She then looked to the scrolls, and her eyes opened wide.

These arn't normal words on dese scrolls..... Tasera thought suddenly, and bursted through the books in a rush, looking for the one about magical runes, from ancient civilizations. In this hurried state she found the book. and began skimming it's pages first, before she found some symbols that looked very similar to the ones upon the scrolls, "Dese are Runes....."
Last edited by Tasera on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Da lady of da voodoo!

Tasera-80 Hunter Akeagoro-76 Death Knight Kalixx-80 Shaman.

Theotaz

Postby Theotaz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:00 pm

Lah hurried into the study to voice her concern about the artifact and to show her the runes on her gown. His eye brows shot up in concern, as he recognized a few of the runes revealed. He had never heard of such a thing, yet the markings were those used by Deathknights. He told Lah he would quickly find out anything he could and bade her go own with her own reserch while he made inquiries. As soon as she left he summoned up the deathgate holding the artifact. The artifact was still within and he could detect no changes in either the function of the gate nor the condition of the artifact. dismissing the gate he then summoned a second one to take him to Ebon Hold. Moments later he petitioned the leader of the Ebon Blade, Darion Morgrain for an audience which was granted with almost unseemly haste.

Morgrain came into the audience chamber waving the servents and his advisors out. He turned to Theotaz, "So, I understand that the Lady Nyx's guild has come across something most unusuall?" Theo started in consternation, how had Darion known of this? He serrepticiously loosened the straps holding his axe so he could draw it quickly if needed. Lord Morgrain held up his hand, "Pax Theotaz, when Alliance and Horde battle word comes to me quickly, be not concerned. Many secrets are held in confidence here. The Lady Aserelah's battle gown is indeed maked with blood runes as is your own armor and other within your guild. " Theotaz asked, "But How? Are they a result of the castings of the battle?" Darion Morgrain looked pointedly at Theotaz "Death Knight, Use you mind! The markings come not from the battle, but from the artifact you have locked away, oh concern yourself not, it is as secure as anything can be. And I can tell you what it is not. It is not of Azeroth, or the Burning Legion or of Outland, though this artifact came via the Outland connection, more I cannot say. As for the runes, I cannot say as to if they be of harm or benefit, but they are tied to the wearer and will show on any equipage they carry." Morgrain signaled by his manner the audience was ended. Theotaz stood and saluted. Summoning another portal Theotaz appeared moments later in Aserelah's garden.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Asarelah looked up, startled, as Tasera rushed in to her sunlit garden. Lah was surprised to see her sister in garb other than battle gear. Adorning her beloved sister was a lovely gown… so unlike the quarrelsome troll’s temperament.

“What on earth are you wearing, and why??” Lah inquired.

Tasera threw her arms in the air, clearing excited. “Nuf of dat, now. Yous got ta look at dis, sistah! Wat I gots on me back makes no nevah mind, no how!”

Lah stepped back quickly before Tasera could slam in to her with a pile of books, and pieces of armor that were clutched tightly in both hands. She could see that the books were older than legend, and the wadded up lump of mail did in fact contain part of her sister’s most recent suit of battle armor… cape, legs and chest. Tasera all but pushed her jumbled burden in to Asarelah’s face, in her fervor to show it all to the puzzled Priestess.

“Runes, runes... Look here at dese pages !!" Tasera was nearly shrieking as she threw open a tome which showed hauntingly familiar looking marks littering each page. "An dose Blood Runes yous found on dat battle gown a yous. Dis blood be stuck fast on dis here gear too. Yous be testin it fast, sistah !!”. Tasera hastily dumped her soiled armour into Lah’s startled hands, as is it were burning the excited Troll just to hold it.

Trying to remain calm, Asarelah carefully splayed the bits and pieces of armor across the fragrant bushes in her garden. The hot sunlight showed no mercy, beating down on the offending gear. And Lah did not hesitate to cast Mass Dispell on all of it, but motioned Tasera to stand well clear.

Sure enough, as soon as the casting hit the gear, sparkling Blood Runes leaped and twirled, skittering here and there across the surface of the well worn mail, as if they had a life of their own.

“What manner of devilment is this?” Lah gasped, stepping back from the fireworks dancing a vibrant calypso across the top of Tasera's armour, her hand protectively covering her throat. Picking up one discarded tome, and staring at the page it had fallen open to, she turned frightened eyes toward Tasera, clearly reigning in forthright terror.

"These ensorcelled Blood Runes alarmed Elder Eyesore to the core of his old bones. Never have I seen his eyes filled with such concern." Lah waved her hand toward the still sparkling display prancing atop her garden bushes. "And they clearly have something to do with those shown in this ancient tome."

"We MUST show Eyesore what you have found, and find Bael'spar at once ! " Lah exclaimed.

Suddenly, load crashing was heard, as if some lumbering beast was trying to break down Lah's garden wall. With a start, both women turned as one toward the horrendous sound just in time to see Theotaz rushing through the arbor gate. Had Lah not been so frightened, she would have laughed out loud. Who but a Troll could make so much noise, just walking?

Edmund Burke

Theotaz

Postby Theotaz » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:31 am

But Theotaz's determined look was not one to incite laughter. "Forgive de intrusion M'Lady I have news dat you be want'n to hear." Theotaz quickly gave Tesera an apreciative one over, "Nice Dress gal, look at de hem!" Tesera looked at Theotaz in puzzlement. Carefully he knelt down in front of her knowing that she would be jumpier then a cat on a copper roof, Lifted the hem of the long gown she was wearing and showed her the blood runes that were now clearly visible to his trained eye at the hem of the gown.

"De runes not be Drenai, or any type of Elven or Titan. I suspect demonic if only because of de subtlety of the action, but I have no other clues as to thier origin. For now I know dey be benign. What trouble dey are to couse shall be lata. And de runes be within you. Dey will appear on anyting you be wear'n." As the old death knight gave the gist of his report he had been gently squeezing Tesera shoulders without really realizing it. He started a little guiltily as he had been rather enjoying seeing her subley relax. "Ah gal as nice as you be look'n in dis pretty dress, I suspect you be feel'n more comfortable if you be wear'n yer work leathers." He gave her an appreciative if slightly suggestive look, "Of course you could wear not'n at all. You be very popular!". Theo removed his hand with slight reluctence and released the hem of the gown showing the runes to fall where it may. He stood, raising up strait backed to his full troll hight (a bit over 8 feet) and streatched. "Dis has been a busy day, and I still have a bit to do yet a for I be finished." Bowing to the ladies he made for the door "Tell everyone about de runes but tell them worry not, for now der is no danger, and there may be none at all. something new i tink!" The elder troll make his way out of the garden, his exit much quieter then his enterence leaving the Troll and the Blood Elf ladies to thier conversation.

Tasera

Postby Tasera » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Tasera stood there in shock and disbelief. Her vibrant red slowly eyes turned to Asarelah, she a first didn't have much of an expression on her face, as she tried to read the blood elf's own expression. It seemed that she was just as amazed by the words that came from Theotaz's mouth as she was.

Slowly a small grin appeared on Tasera's lips, but behind that grin her teeth where clenched firmly. Despara peered up at his master, blinked once and was quick to dodge behind Lah. Tasera growled looked forward in Theotaz's direction, and promptly yelled, "I'M GONNA KILL DAT OLD TROLL!, GAH !!"

She turned back around, instead of thinking about the new information that was found out about these runes, she was shuffling to grab her stuff which where previously in Lah's hands, "GIVE ME MAH WEAPONS! MY ARMOR! I be puttin' his head on a stake!"

Before Lah had a chance to pull away to try and calm the fiery Troll down, she already had her armor. She dashed off to get her armor back on and grab her weapons.

Despara peered out from behind Lah, then looked up at the blood elf pleedingly, "Arrooo arf arf" he whimpered.
Last edited by Tasera on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Da lady of da voodoo!

Tasera-80 Hunter Akeagoro-76 Death Knight Kalixx-80 Shaman.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:57 pm

The bemused look on Asarelah's face hid waves of high volumn laughter which she was doing her dead level best to stiffle. While the situation with the Blood Runes was deadly serious, she could not help thinking to her self that Tasera would most certainly kill Theotaz for being so familiar.

Musing to herself, she decided she best get her scribal gear out, and prepare tickets to sell, to the murder that was about to take place. Then she could share the coin earned with her enraged Sister. Perhaps Tasera could earn her Epic Flying sooner than she thought. Of course, that likely would come at the cost of Theotaz's removed ears, if he was lucky enought to escape with only that.

She watched, her hand covering her mouth, as Tasera struggled, obviously enraged, to get in to her battle gear. Lah was very glad that she didn't have to try and tie laces on all that mail, like Tasera was doing in such a furious state. Thinking to offer a hand to help, she decided if she didn't, that MIGHT give Theo a head start, and slight chance of escaping with his hide in tact. Of couse, Lah would not wish to be on the receiving end of her sister's forthwright fury, and try to outrun one of Tas's explosive shots, or that hound if it was sent to attack.

Despara peered up at Lah, wondering why her face looked so peculiar. Deciding it was just the silly way of elves and no danger was present, he curled up where he was hiding, under Lah's skirt, and closed his eyes to nap. He had already decided his Mistress was far to angry to even realize where he was, much less send him charging at her Tribe brother's back.

Edmund Burke

Return to “Tavern of the Setting Sun”