Aftermath ((open tavern RP after Leikos' transfer))

Welcome to the hearth of our common room! We'll share our ale if you'll share a story. Or perhaps a song or poem? Whatever takes your fancy will find a home here. ((Public forum readable by any visitor))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Re: Aftermath ((open tavern RP after Leikos' transfer))

Postby Asarelah » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:59 am

Standing quietly in the back of the gathered Nyxians, Asarelah could only shake her head in sorrow, as she watched Maledicta close the only existing portal to reach Grand Master Bael'spar. "Exile... it's what it amounts too... no justice in that!" she thought angrily, thanking the stars that the Elder Librarian could not see Lah's angry gaze glaring daggers into the back of the scholar's head.

"What to do, what to do??" she wondered to herself. Nodding at Tasera to follow, she gathered her skirts and beat a hasty retreat out the door. Once outside, summoning Alexstraszos (her beloved Ruby Fire Drake), together they leaped skyward with Tasera and her Bronze hot on their heels.

The wind whistling through her lips, Lah shouted back to her Sister, "Tas, we have to get to Elder Eyesore, and tell him of Bael'spar's misadventure. Now!!”

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Baelspar
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Baelspar » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:30 pm

Tifani did not need to see Mittens's hair standing on end to feel the anger as the assembled Nyxers left the Library. Lady Nyx had a purpose in sending her chosen after Bael'spar, they would need to be rallied once again to the task.

"I know that this outcome was disappointing," invoked Tifani. "We have lost our quarry. Yet, in doing so, we have learned much."

"So da pinky is goin' to tell us how it be, den?" came a question from the crowd.

"I can't help it if you can't see the signs that were put before us, but I shall. He is alive and, presumably, unharmed. He is also accompanied by Yaen'gohl."

Marching to the front of the group Tifani turned to look them all in the eye. She pulled her bow and showed it to the assembled.

"See the scope here? Bael'spar made this for me. I have a definite expectation that he will be making more for me. If, after a suitable period of time, he does not return, then Mittens and I will hunt every Librarian until he is returned to us.

"You all have tasks set up by the Lady Nyx, now get to it!"

She could see all their eyes as they walked past. There weren't many friends made this day. Yet, something better was forged from the disappointment. Rangers...or their Nyx equivalent. Few, after all, were perfect.

Aitana the Oracle looked to be about to say something, but must have understood the theatrics. Both stood in the Valley of Strength waiting for the group to fully disperse.

With a smile, Tifani waved farewell to the druid. Her task had been completed, and she would be of little help until her arrows were needed.
Grellix - 42 Mage/Yaengohl - 80 Rogue/Baishan - 39 Hunter/Urina - 72 Shaman

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:25 pm

A Runner charged past Asarelah, as she landed in front of the Nyxian compound, throwing up dust behind him, his breath clearly hammering in his chest from his bid to speed. Lah dismounted, and waited for Tasera to land.

"That Runner is killing himself to deliver news. It must be dire, indeed. We best hurry and see what transpires!" Lah said, motioning Tas to follow quickly. Both women ran up the path, and straight in to Guild Mistress Aitana's antechamber, where they saw the Runner on his knees in front of Aitana, trying to relay his message.

"A rumor has been overheard claiming that the artifact holds the power to return a Death Knight to their previous life. Fueled by the conversation overheard within the walls of the Ebon Hold, Death Knight Tindr Thornleif has hand picked a team to accompany him on a secret mission to Nyx's stronghold on Fray Island in an attempt to steal the artifact in hopes to investigate if this rumor is true." the Runner panted out his message before collapsing at Mistress Aitana's feet.

Aitana looked up at the two women, standing open mouthed behind the recumbent Runner. "Send out the Call. We prepare for treachery and War!" she exclaimed, smacking her fist hard against her other palm. "Let there be no doubt, we shall stand firm against such invasion!"

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Tasera

Postby Tasera » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:23 pm

These findings had all come to Tasera with some confusion. An item that could return death knights back to the realms of life? Such a thing couldn’t possible exist…could it? The troll was trying to wrap her brain around the idea, but in the end, it oddly made sense. The runes had attached themselves to her body and Lah’s, yet they remained utterly inactive. But they have yet attached themselves to a Death Knight? No, at least not in her observations. Maybe the alliance where correct, maybe this item did restore their tormented brethren to life. And if that was the case, Nyx….no the Horde had to keep control of this artifact.

Outside of Asarelah’s cottage, Tasera sat, pondering the battle ahead. In her hands was a new gun, which she cleaned with utmost care. She peered down the barrel, once checking to make sure the aim was correct. A toothy grin emerged across Tasera’s lips and she laid the intimidating weapon against her legs.

It was a nice quiet night. Her hound, Despara at her side, the trusty gun at the ready, and a jug of Ale to keep her spirits up despite a grim defeat that was likely to occur. Yet despite this outlook her trollish bloodlust came through, and even if she laid one of the alliance to waste, she would be pleased.
Last edited by Tasera on Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Da lady of da voodoo!

Tasera-80 Hunter Akeagoro-76 Death Knight Kalixx-80 Shaman.

Theotaz

Postby Theotaz » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:03 am

Svalina gasped in shock at the information. She turned and gazed at Kheliosrham. "Do you think he knows?" Khelio shook her head "It matters not. I know Theotaz. What is done, Is done. He would have no interest.. Bah! Girl, ask him your self. He comes now!" Salina turned to look where Kheliosrham pointed and indeed saw Theotaz carefully picking his way through the press of Orgrimaars streets. "Ladies!" he greeted them with a half bow and flurish from the back of his death charger. "I ha' heard to many rumors of foulness afoot concern'n de artifact. Is der any news." Sva firmed her chin looking up to the old troll and told him the latest in a quiet hushed voice. He cocked his head to one side, his dreadlocks falling about his shoulders as he removed his goggles. His hand came up and stroked his chin. "DIs could be used to weaked an attacking force of Death Knights at a critical moment. If dey were to be rendered mor-tal once again during battle, dey powers would be gone. Dey would simply be armored warriors, and some of dem not so very good at it" His mouth quirked with a sly grin... "Including me self. Bad Juju ladies, very bad. I tink maybe dis item should be destroyed den, and not kept. Betta to be see'n it gone from de world. den a threat to de peace dat Thrall had declared twixt alliance and de horde." he pondered silently for a moment more. "I hae found samples of dis types o' runes.. Dey be Eredar ladies... " he paused for a moment and spit apon the ground.. "Demon!" a feral snarl crossed his face. "I must speak to de Lady Nyx and De council at once. Dis be base trickery on de part of de burning legion. I tink its use against Arthus would be wasted for Arthus be no mear Death Knight. Its presence sows chaos in de ranks of both de Alliance and de Horde. It seems obvious now to me dis ting. De Burning Legion be like'n nutt'n better den we be beating ourselves to death frittering our strength away in a 3 way battle of de Horde, de Alliance, and undead at Arthus call." He pointed at Kheliosrham "Girl, what say the instinct of de orc on dis?" Khelio's head lowered for a moment, her brow furrowing together. Her head jerked up with a snarl. "Theotaz, you are correct. I feel the truth of it deeply. I reeks of demonic plotting. I agree. Destroying the artifact is the best way to prevent its use now.. BUt.." she lift one finger.. "If there is one, there may be more. And perhapes with this example a way can be found to prevent its use against the Death Knights of both the Horde and the Alliance." Theotaz nodded. I do tink ye got it in one gal.. I go to speak to de lady. Take yourselves to Afrey Island to defend de guilds holding.. de dem fools think it there do they... grant dem a warm reception. We shall create a maskarova that shall leave dem puzzled and angry wid noting to be striking against. We will make dem feel silly.. dat will stop dem more den any force of arms... Go NOW!" Theotaz whirled his mount about and began to more forcefully push his way through the crowds towards the main guild hall.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:33 pm

Asarelah peered into her iced chest and just shook her head. “My god in heaven, but that Troll can eat!” she mumbled to herself. “Tas, bring your gun and that tracking hound of yours. We need fresh meat for dinner!” Lah shouted out the window, knowing Tas would hear where she sat oiling her gun, in the garden sunlight.

“Mmmmm, dem Tallhorn Stags ‘r good eat’n. Betcha dem two drakes a ours be right fine ta drag coupla skin't ones home. Den maybe yous not be carping 'bout runnin' outta grub ever two seconds Lah!” Tasera snickered as she slung her gun across her back, picked up her ammo sack, then whistled for Despara and headed for her Bronze – Lah right behind her. “We be goin ta dat river runs by Amberpine.. good graze, dem stags get right sweet!” Tas shouted over her shoulder as she mounted and took off.

Arriving in Grizzly Hills, the women landed where they would not be readily spotted by Amberpine Footman. Lah carefully followed Tas, kept a Healer’s distance between them, ever alert for danger so near the Ally outpost. Tas found a knoll that overlooked what appeared to be a game trail down to the water, and motioned for Lah to hunker down behind it, safely hidden, waiting for a stag to appear.

Concentrating on the game trail, at first Asarelah didn’t notice a distinct high pitched buzzing in her ears, it seemed to whisper a warning.... danger... Alliance nearby... She waved her hand in front of her face as if to shoo away a fly, but the high pitched frequency only intensified. A flicker caught her gaze. Glancing down, her eyes locked on dancing lights leaping up from the hem of her skirt. She gasped sharply, and then quickly covered her mouth with one hand, giving Tas a sharp rap on the shoulder with her other. “Sis, look at my skirt! The Blood Runes are active, and I didn’t do anything. I swear! But I can HEAR THEM this time!! Some sort of warning!! Can you hear them too??” Lah whispered urgently.

Following Lah's downward gaze, Tasera shook her head in concern, watching the Blood Runes pulse in a wild calypso all around Lah’s feet, and her own as well. “What devilment dis be??” Tasera tried hard not to shout. "Me ears, dey be ringin' fit ta split me skull!!"

“Sshhhhh! We are all but setting off flares! We best retreat until we see what this is about! Come on!” Lah whispered, as she tried to drag Tas backward, away from the possibility of discovery, away from the persistent buzzing that seemed to be chasing them.

Cautiously turning around, they were about to backtrack when an Alliance Rogue unstealthed near by. He was in the process of backstabbing a Silvercoat Stag, and had not seen them. Tasera didn’t have to be told twice to take him down, and she did so with dispatch.

As the two women cautiously approached the downed Rogue, the Blood Runes on both their garments all but caught fire. Asarelah looked on in worry - still massaging her temples - as Tas got close, then backed off. The Runes pulsed blazing and loud, and then darkening and quieter as Tas got nearer then further from the Rogue. “Sorcery!” Tas hissed… her hand moving to her head, rubbing hard…..

“Hmmmmm,” Lah pondered…. “No…. I think it’s the blood…. The blood of this Night Elf called out to the Runes…. Remember, much blood was spilled at the Tower battle?? Ours, and theirs, mingling together... very nearly a river of blood. I think these Runes are triggered some how, by being near Alliance blood… living or dead…. Calling out of something out of place... danger... a warning... We must report this to Elder Warburn at once. Well he knows the ways of Bloodlust. He will know what to make of it!!”

Edmund Burke

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:26 am

No sooner had Asarelah and Tasera drank some purified water and had a late afternoon snack that they heard a loud whine. Tasera's eagle eye zeroed in on a wicked looking troll riding a water rocket near Venture Bay. The bright red torpedo was cutting through the water toward an alliance shipment of lumber. Right as the horned troll was about to hit the alliance Gallion he ejected 100 feet in the air. Asarelah mind visioned the old shaman.

The view from above was lush and beautiful. Pine trees extended up into the Storm Peaks far into the distance. A couple of eagles were gliding the air currents a couple of legions north, near Conquest Hold. His mind controlled eyes tilted down looking beneath the eagles paths and noticed two curvy figures. The body language of the obviously female troll was that of Tasera. And the priests garments of the second identified her as the source of his charmed mind.

Warburn tugged on his parachute, and caught a northern wind gust. He muttered a charm the wind force obeyed. Even though he was now merely 35 feet above the ground, the wind carried him at least a half legion north. The parachute would glide over trees or around them in style.

Tasera the Explorer and Asarelah Nightwarder of Nyx, were already waiting for him when Stone Guard Warburn Smoketusk landed. Not even waiting for the troll to finish packing the parachute into the bag the priestess started explaining her recent discovery. Warburn nodded, listening intently. However keeping in mind recent activity and their increased casualties he was convinced the runes she spoke of were cursed.

"Me sistahs, I don't tink yahs got any powah from dose runes besides a blood haze. Yahs out fo blood, all right. Dat rogue was simply unlucky to be seen by yahs.

All our reading has pointed toward Eledar or demon runes, dating to de era of Queen Azshara and Xavius.

But de runes, dey be cursed, and if it's de item dat caused dem, we bettah destroy dat ting. "
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Tasera

Postby Tasera » Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:34 am

Tasera eyed the Warburn for a moment, then crossed her arms. She grumbled then quickly sat down upon an exposed rock, muttering under her breath. Here she was, hoping that they had finally come across a hint, some sort of clue behind these runes. But instead, it was just a foolish rogue who was too comfortable in the quiet surroundings.

She released a deep sigh and started to ponder why the runes suddenly lit up in their vibrant patterns but quickly decided not to dwell on it. The troll had been twisting her mind around the possibilities for what felt like months now. She was getting worn out about the artifacts mysteries, and so far everything that she has found led to one dead end, after another. And while at first she would have preferred that the Horde held control of the artifact, now the problems it was creating was just becoming an irritation. Tasera, was surprisingly happy to get ride of it. So it led her to another line of thoughts.

Tasera glanced from Lah, to then Warburn, she blinked with a semi inquisitive look, “Yous find anyting out about where dat fool Azim be? If Azi hasn’t found ‘im yet, dere has to be other forces at work, I don’ tink da blunderin’ orc would be able to jus disapeer on his own.”

She went quiet for a moment then continued, “I trust Azi’s ability ta track as much as me own, bruddah. I’m startin’ ta concerned ta say da least. “
Da lady of da voodoo!

Tasera-80 Hunter Akeagoro-76 Death Knight Kalixx-80 Shaman.

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Warburn sensing the frustration in his favorite huntress' crouched near her, leaning on her boulder.

"I dunno, dat's jus what I tink... Yah tell me if yah sense any more such special powah dese runes give yah. Mebe I be wrong. But I really tink dey light up when yah in battle mode and enemies near by.

He thought back to their return to Azshara the week before. At the base of the hill formed over the 10,000 year old ruins of the ancient Highborne capital neighborhood once known as Zin'Alnishar, the forces of the Alashar lo Dorano, under Commander Leikos, attacked the horde forces of Nyx. The alliance warband must have only seen a few archers and a shaman guarding the Nyx two year old excavation site. The true size of the horde force was hidden up the hill. had they known this the enemy warband might have been a little more careful in their assault.

A valiant battle was put up, but Warburn, Tasera, Leothil, and the others sniped them down while Sianl, Gorehorn and other warriors charged down the hill at the enemy bent on attacking their research party.

While Eyesore was searching for clues to runes he saw a couple of year prior, the battle ensued.

Warburn was on the edge of the hilly path, looking down at the battle. Surveying the scene, when Leikos came charging up. With the speed of a pouncing lion, the Keldorei Warrior was on him with steel blades pounding the shaman's armor. Warburn instinctively raised his shield to protect his torso and head. Leikos, saw the openning and using a powerful leg kicked Warburn behind the knee sending him down on the other. Just as Leikos was about to smash Warburn's head in with the hild of his massive Titansteel Destroyer Warburn called on thunder.

A massive vertical lightning bolt shot down from above, engulfing warburn, as a waterfall may crash on solid rock. The force of the thunder completely shocked and blew Leikos, mid swing, out off the hill side. He must have got knocked back 20 yards at least, but with no ground below fell another 15. Warburn wondered he was conscious for the whole fall, and whether his bones survived the impact of the crash landing.

The old shaman hopped down the path after Leikos, when behind a fallen pillar he saw the prone form of a female human. Her blonde hair seemed to glow where the sunlight hit it, but her face was in shadow. She appeared unconscious. It wasn't her curvy figure that attracted his attention on this day. For around her tall priestess robes lapel he saw glowing runes. They seemed to hover over her shoulders and upper back. He'd seen enchanted robes before, ones with runic enchantments... but these runes were much like the ones Asarelah had noticed on her person, and others and Nyx.

Were these runes affecting his enemies as well?

He barely had time to think, before the battle around him, caught his attention again. Warburn leaped back towards his friends frost shocking a night elf death knight.

... This memory he shared with Tasera and Asarelah as they rode leisurely back to Conquest Hold.

Once they got there, Warburn turned to Tasera.

"Me'dear, I too be worried about Azim. An have not yet gotten word back from Azidahaka. Would jah be a good huntress an' find our brothahs?"
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:16 pm

Asarelah’s mind wandered from the confusing text in the musty tome stolen from under the noses of the Stormwind Librarians, and reflected on what Tasera had overheard...

A few nights back, her ornery sister had all but dragged Lah to the Ledgermain where some Allies were cooling their heels, along with their wicked tongues, with plenty of Ale and fine wines. Tas enjoyed testing the stern Innkeep’s boundaries and tried to pick fights, making rude gestures and insulting the Alliance patrons. All Lah could do was shake her head and watch her sister’s antics with amusement. But later… Tas said that Tindr Thornleif was making some flattering remarks… No, surely not... there must be some mistake…

Lah sighed, thinking about impossible relationships, twisting her wedding ring on her slender finger, and wondering where her Champion Howling had gotten himself off to. These days he was absent more often than not. But, if word reached him of what Tas had overheard…

“Enough of that! Men!!” Lah thought to herself. She forced her thoughts back to the puzzles at hand. Stone Guard Warburn Smoketusk had added another piece to the puzzling appearance of the blood runes on their battle gear. It did not surprise Asarelah in the least that Warburn had observed the same dancing blood runes on a downed Alliance Priestess. Much blood (that Lah believed started all of this) had mingled freely at the Epic Battle in the Ruins of Mathystra - both Alliance and Horde. It seemed to confirm Lah's theory that the blood runes were some how triggered by the presence of an opposing faction, or danger nearby in the form of enemies. But Warburn thought not.....

One thing for certain, she agreed with Warburn and Tasera whole heartedly… the Artifact was nothing but trouble. And the sooner Azim was found, where ever the scallywag had gotten off to with the Artifact, the better!!

Lah put aside the dusty tome, and headed for the larder, to pack as much journey food as she could cram in to a carry sack, for Tas would surely need it in her attempt to join up with Azidahaka, and track the missing Azim.

Edmund Burke

Return to “Tavern of the Setting Sun”