Aftermath ((open tavern RP after Leikos' transfer))

Welcome to the hearth of our common room! We'll share our ale if you'll share a story. Or perhaps a song or poem? Whatever takes your fancy will find a home here. ((Public forum readable by any visitor))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Leikos Darkwood
Known Alliance
Known Alliance

Re: Aftermath ((open tavern RP after Leikos' transfer))

Postby Leikos Darkwood » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:14 pm

It was midday in Dalaran. A cup of mint tea sat at the edge of the desk. Leikos gazed at it for a moment. He had not left his desk for over twelve hours and was in a less than pleasant mood. He had spent a chunk the night in discussion about the increasing level of hostility in Kalimdor between the Horde and Alliance. Half of the Alliance Commanders were clamoring for all out war yet refused to pledge any support. The other half lectured Leikos on his supposed obliviousness to the situation he was causing.

“You rally some of the best soldiers in the Alliance to these petty battles and leave the rest of us to see to ‘your’ duties elsewhere. It is a wonder how you managed to become a Task Force Commander in the first place.”

The conversation abruptly ended with Leikos’ forearm across the arrogant human’s neck. A veil had fallen over everything. There was talk of great glory for the Alliance. Yet there was an underlying reason behind it all. Leikos knew why the group was clamoring. The Artifact rumors were beginning to spread throughout the Alliance and Horde. Individuals who had turned a blind eye to Leikos’ call for aid had suddenly found a possibility for personal gain. The Artifact’s curse, as Leikos had begun calling it, was spreading.

Leikos had managed to find about fifthteen minutes between his first and second meeting. He had downed a half loaf of bread and some cheese and attempted to sip a cup of mint tea. Unfortunately, his cup had been knocked over and broken by one of the aids rushing around in the office. By the time he had managed to request another cup, several Al’shar agents arrived to discuss the next important topic; the Artifact’s whereabouts. He had slid his tea to the side of his desk to review each of their reports. As he finished reading through them, he realized that nothing of importance had been found. The Artifact remained hidden from them.

Several hours had passed and several more agents arrived to see Leikos. Still, nothing of merit had been uncovered. He moved the tea in front of himself once more and took a sip. It was cold and stale. He grunted, stood up, and walked out of the office.

As he passed Angvar he refused a stack of envelopes, “I don’t want to see another paper, messenger, or map until I’ve had my tea. I will return in one hour.”

“Yes Commander.” Was the response Leikos heard from Angvar as he headed out towards the streets of Dalaran in search of hot mint tea and a solid meal.
I do not fear the shadows, I embrace them. Doing so gives me the strength to battle back the true darkness...

¶▅c●▄███████||▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅||█~ ~:~:~ :~ : ████►
▄██ L █ E █ I █ K █ O █ S ██▅▄▃▂
███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

Tasera

Postby Tasera » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:40 pm

Azidahaka had not been seen recently, and with the supplies from her friend Asarelah, and with the blessings of Warburn, she went off to find what she could about Azim. Despara was at her side, and a newly tamed NetherRay also joined her to track any lingering magical traces that the orc could have left in the air. She loved this feeling; it was what enticed her to become a hunter. To go out into the wide world, and experience it, to understand it like few could. The wilderness was always calling to her, tugging at her desires, and revealing its freedoms to her like no book hounding mage, darkness pursuing warlock, or battle craving warrior could ever understand.

So when she saw the mountains of her journey ahead of her, a wide grin crossed her lips. It was a smile that was not devilish, darkned, or fake. It was a true smile, something that was rare with Tasera. And with that smile still brightening the Netherray traced the reminants of Azim’s magical trail to help find a way. She commanded them an order swiftly in Zandali, and the beasts where quick to rush into the wood, the female troll right behind them.

Another guild meeting had passed and another group of her guild mates had risen amongst their ranks. Tasera had returned from her trek, clearly disgruntled. Though a troll caught her attention. Azidahaka seemed to have returned while she was away. And as it seemed, he had not found Azim. She wasn’t the least bit surprised when she had found this out. While she had been tracking Azim, Despara had completely lost his trace near the DustWallow Marsh. And when her Netherray tried to continue tracking his magical trail, it seemed as if he hit a wall. The poor creature had realesed an awful, stressed screech into the air and rushed back to his misstriss, whimpering it seemed and trying to bury it’s face into the dirt. The trail was lost and something caused her companion immeasurable pain. And as much as she loved the thrill of the hunt, she had to end it.

Tasera was sure something else was up, that the rest of Nyx and herself couldn’t quite comprehend yet.

That evening after the meating, the female troll had made her way to Warburn’s house. She announced her entrance, “Yo’ bruddah!” but her voice was not one of happiness. Warburn would have been able to notice her distress, and when he greeted her from her journey, she was quick to start her report, leaving him no room to ask her what caused the frown on her face.

“Dere be sumptin’ strange goin’ on Warburn. When I went off ta track Azim, I brought Despara an my new NetherRay wit me. Despara took da classic scent an’ me NetherRay could track his trail of old mana tru da surroundings. It be a full proof method of da hunt. “ Tasera sighed and say down, resting her forehead in one three fingered hand. “I was on his trail all da way ta DustWallow. Da moment we entered dose lands, Despara lost his tracks. Which would usually be hard considerin’ dat place be stagnant an’ tings of all sorts tend ta linger dere for ages. An’ if dat’s not strange enough, sometin’ caused my poor NetherRay ta suddenly come runnin’ back to me cryin’ an burying his face in da ground in immeasurable pain. Da poor ting is restin’ in his stable, but he won’t be comin out ta join me in battle for some time. Either way…sometin’ strange has happened, an I don’ tink da alliance is at fault. “
Last edited by Tasera on Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Da lady of da voodoo!

Tasera-80 Hunter Akeagoro-76 Death Knight Kalixx-80 Shaman.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:44 am

Asarelah packed her medical supplies and reached out a gentle hand to give Tasera's new NetherRay one last loving pat, then rose on quiet tip toe to leave the poor beast to recover in what peace and silence it could. Lah had cast what healing spells she was able, and could only shake her head in wonder at such wickedness that could have made the sensitive creature shiver in such wretched horror, clearly wishing only to hide in its comfortable stable.

While Lah was tending the cringing beast, she knew that Tasera was in private audience with Stone Guard Smoketusk. Surmising that the much respected Elder would not be pleased with Tasera’s report, she wondered what Warburn would have to say about it all - and where the Nyxian’s would turn to next for answers. It was clear that tracking Azim was problematic, at best. And more drastic remedies would need to be used to find the flighty Orc – along with the thrice cursed Artifact.

“Well, enough of that. Not getting me anywhere!” Lah mused as she put her medical bag away. “I best get to town to restock. My healing supplies are running low.”

Arriving in town, Lah headed toward her favorite reagent merchant, a shady crook by the name of Darahir. It was true that his shop was hidden deep in the Underbelly - the sewers of Dalaran (not a place that privileged Ladies normally sought out) - but Lah was intrigued by his Blood Elf posture and face, and his musical Night Elf voice. Lah suspected that the Merchant must be Highbourne; but she had not yet been able to cajole him in to any such admissions.

Not watching where she was going, planning what chicanery to dazzle the Underbelly Merchant with this time - to pry more information from his closed lips - Lah all but ran straight in to the arms of Task Force Commander Leikos Darkwood. Her hands instinctively slapped hard against his chest, in her bid to steady herself from a nasty fall in the street.

Lah’s first instinct was to shield herself from sudden death, but she could hear fleeting mumbling past his lips.… something about impossible schedules, cold tea and no cook fit to serve the rabble, much less a senior officer’s needs. Quickly plucking her fingers away, as if burned, but very much intrigued, she looked deeply in to Leikos’ eyes, question upon question shining at him through her own.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Theotaz

Postby Theotaz » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Theotaz cast his line in after baiting up a fresh hook. A few pitifully
small fish swam in the bucket beside his chair. He knew he wasn't a particularly good fisherman. But catching fish wasn't why he came here just off the coast from the deadmines. No one came here. Even the Murlocs didn't bother to come down the coast this far. Of course it tickled him that here he was fishing in Alliance waters. But mostly it was just quiet. Just wind, and wave, and a pristine strech of white coral sand. The gulls called over head going about what ever gulls did. he was at peace for a moment and that was all that really mattered. He suddenely felt the call of presence. With a sigh he set his pole down and fetched his heartstone out of his pack and initiated contact.

(WHats Up?) he sent. Asrelah's thoughts filled his awareness (We have a lead that points to some books within the royal library at Stormwind. Putting together a small raid to do a quick sneak and peek. I could use your help.) Well, so much for fishing. He sighed... (Ok, when?) (Oh now would be good. I saw that you were close. I figured we should come in via the harbor using your path of frost. We could be in and have time to look around before hearthing away. Have you act as rear guard witha death gate up and standing by.), (Good Plan!) he sent. (Meet you at the north end of the beach. We'll swing around the point and strait on in. Everyone should be able to get here grom Grom'Gol without issue.) (Right!) she sent. (We're in route all ready, see you there!)

Theo's brows shot up in alarm as he broke the contact. QUickly he released his catch into the surf and gathered his gear in his bag in a near panic. He did not want his guild mates to notice his little hobby, especially Tesera. He knew that girl would tease him unmercifully once she found out how truely bad he was at it (*trolls took special pride in thier abilities as fishermen second to none) Throwing the gear he didn't have time to pack away into canvas sack that he quickly buried in the lee side of a beach dune he mounted up and tore off at a full gallop down the beach to the agreed rondevue.

With in moments of his arrival the raid party arrived, quickly casting path of frost on the group they took off across the water and around the headlands into stormwind harbor. WIth a hurred shout to the party to not stop for anything he led the way into the royal quarter and the royal library. A few city guards failingly attemped to stop them. One unluckly fool got trampled while the rest were shouldered by his mount into the canals boardering the city's streets. The party thundered into the royal quarter of stormwind taking a sharp left toward the library. Dismounting literaly inside the library to the shocked looks of its patrons. The chief librarian ran up shouting something in orcish that "You barbarians had no place here." Theotaz casually backhanded him across the face, knocking him to the ground and directed Grave Picker, his Ghoul. to sit on him. Lah turned to the locals present. "Cause us any problems and it will be your lives. We will not harm you otherwise, and given a choice will leave as quickly as we came, now who is the assitant Librarian?" A small human female came forward and identified herself. Lah made known to the human what we were looking for. The human female gave a sharp nod and pointed to a nearby table. Tesera and her core hound quite gently rounded up the rest of the library patrons and hearded them off to one corner while Theo and the rest of the party took up positions by the enterence.

It had been ominously quiet outside the libary for a 1/4 turn of the glass when the sound of marching feet was heard. A group of pike and archers marched into the square in front of the library accompanied by several rowdies, a mage and a priest in the liverly of the Order of the Kirin Tor. Looking at his own tabberd Theo smiled. Identical to his. Adventurers then.
Well, no one promised it would be easy. "We need to do something about those archers." Looking to one of the parties shamen he signaled. With a sudden flurry several Totems appeared and a small cloud generating a large amount of rain appeared above the square. The Mage with the alliance party tried to dispell it, and and failed epicly. If anything it rained harder, much to the disgust and derision of the company of city guard. For a moment confusion riegned in the square. Counting heads Theo could see they were outnumbered about 3 to 1. Time to even the odds he thought to himself as he summoned up an army of the dead and released them against the city guard. Seval grenades later and the city guards fled, temporarily he was certain to get reinforcments.

"Lah!" he shouted, "were about to have way to much company! Hurry it up woman!". He cast his death gate and hoped she found what she was looking for and quickly. Another party hove into view only this time is was royal guardsmen led by a noble instead of the ciy guard, and this time more adventurers then the Mage and Priest he had spotted before. "Lah! Times up!" he yelled. "She screamed back "Hold 'em, I'm still looking!". He turned toward the human assistant librarian. "Girl, if you delay'n us in any way I will kill you very slowly, and I will hunt down every last kin you have and slaughter them the same way, because when we leave you be go'n wid us!" he said with a growl. "We don got time for dis!" The human girl visibly paled and grabbed two books off a nearby shelf slapping them down in front of Lah. "Theo, terrifing this girl Will Not Help. Now keep the door covered!" Lah yelled. Theo whiped around to the door in time to see the royal guard company level pikes and advance at the walk. Yanking the face guard to his helm into place he noted Tasera stepping up behind him. He tilted his head to one side "Get de officers if ya would gal, we gotta slow 'em down. He felt the power of the runes ready for his direction as Tasera released a volly of shots. The Royal Guardsmen reacted to the shots with a full foot charge.

Theo grabbed weapon and began to lay about himself. Blood and gore flew though the air as his ghouls tore into the human troop. With in moment the door only showed a bloody vision of hell as the Nyxians pounded the Alliance Guards. It was not totally one sided even as the Guardsmen broke and ran, adventures with the guard kept coming. They had thiers hands full! Lah yelled out "Found it, we can leave" Theo stepped fully into the doorway and released another army of the dead apon the alliance while shouting "Go! NOW!"
Lah ordered hearth stones "Theo?"she yelled over the din. "Go, I can hold them, but go now!" A humand warrior came forward. Theo flung him back with contemptuous ease into a group of alliance warriors knocking them all down. A mage charged forward spell blade at the ready. Theo took the blow apon his pauldrens and backhanded the mage into unconciousness. Next a female priest charged in snapping a sharp blow against his side. Theo howled with agony as holy energies coursed through him. He struk out with his weapon either killing the priestess ar knocking her senseless. Suddenly he felt and heard the displacement of air behind him as the raid portaled away. risking a quick look he saw the librarian. He pointed to her. "Pray we do not have to return girl, pray hard!" Witha rude gesture the the remaining alliance standing outside he dived through the deathgate to the relitive safely of Ebon Hold.

Raising quickly to his feet he checked in with Lah (Theo!) (I'm Fine, where we meet'n?) (Silvermoon) (we loose anyone?) (Scrapes and scratched Theo, we got away clean.) (excellent mon, I be der quick). Turning the Ghoul that served as the holds flight master he ordered a mount to Silvermoon. In moments he was astride a death gryphon in flight to Silvermoon. The city guard had all ready recieved word and directed him to the rest of the raid group at a nearby inn. As Theo walked in a wash of well being hit him, and the blood, gore, and dirt of battle lifted away from his armor.

A mug of chilled beer was thrust into his hand which he downed in one long pull. He felt himself unknot. Lah looked on in concern "Ok?". "All good" re replied as a pulled a short backed chair out and spun it about. He sat crossing his arms across the back of the chair holding the bug up for a refill. Tasera re filled the bug from a stone pitcher she was carrying. Theo's brows lifted in surprise. She cocked her head to one side, "So, she said, "how was da fish'n?" She nodded her head in the direction of Theo's shoulder. Theo looked puzzled as he reached an arm back to grip the leather and cork grip of his favorite pole. Pulling it forward it could hardly be recognized any longer as a fishing pole. It had broken in at least three places, the line was in a snarl, and it was splintered and frayed for its entire somewhat shorter length. Theo sat there in utter slack jawed amazment. Lah looked up from her conversation with some other members of the guild. Noting the look of amusement on Tasera's face and the gape jawed look on Theo she inquired "Did I miss something?" Tasera turned slightly toword her and said. "I was watch'n. Theo, he neva drew his Axe.. Fought de entire fight wid his fish'n pole in his hand. Beat de crap outta de alliance to. Dat poor priestess neva knew what hit her.. I tink ya left da hook in her ear mon. Not to shabby Theo, not to shabby at all." Asrelah start giggling. " He beat off the Alliance with a fishing pole! Oh gods that is rich, they will never live this down!" the chuckles and guffaws made their way around the room getting a little louder with each circuit. in moments some were laughing so hard that tears were running down thier face as Theo continued to look at the remains of his fishing pole. The laughter settled down after a bit. THeo sighed, and laid his pole down across the table. Halding his hand up for a moment to get Lah's attention he asked "So, did we get what we went in for?" Lah checked her notes. "some of it mostly confirmation of what we all ready knew, but not much else".

He nodded once, lifted his beer for a long pull. As he dropped the mug down he turned to Tasera agin. "Da fish'n ya ask'd?" she smirked and gave a hint of a smile giving a slight nod" He cocked his head for a moment. "De fish'n was good gal,.... but ya shoulda seen da one dat got away!" The room erupted in fresh gales of laughter and his quip even earned him a full on grin from Tesera for just a moment. Grave Picker his Ghoul looked up to him. "Youuuu liiike?"it asked. "yea, I like.. now you be quiet." the ghoul settled down on its haunches. Theo sipped his beer as the Nyxians around him unwound from the raid. Lah and Tesera were deep in conversation. Theo lowered his head looking up through his brows at the terriblty striking troll woman. Wondering at his own foolishness forgetting to strap his axe back on (It was exactly where he left in in one of the magical pouches on his belt), his phenomimal luck surviving it, and the very rare smile he had gotten from Tesera. All in all, not a bad day of fishing. not bad at all.

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:37 am

...Meanwhile in the southern Barrens...

The Barren's sun was just past it's peak day height. The cloudless sky, lack of wind, and dusty terrain made for a very hot day. He had no supplies or water with him, and was starting to get sun poisoning. The mighty orc didn't care, or even notice. His eyes were glazed, his arms limp except for one clutched something. Every step was slow, but deliberate. He was heading somewhere.

His heading from the Gold Road was East. Toward the swampy bogs of the Marsh.

The armor he wore was weighing on him, it could prevent him from reaching his goal. He took off his chest armor and dropped it.

Azim dah MIGHTY (he liked to yell), as he was known by some, kept walking, slowly but surely toward a meeting only he was summoned for.
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Leikos Darkwood
Known Alliance
Known Alliance

Postby Leikos Darkwood » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:05 am

((In response to Lah's post from the other day. I was unable to access the forums the other day. Sorry its so late >.<))

Leikos walked hastily through the streets of Dalaran searching for his objective, a hearty meal and a hot cup of tea. He had tried the Heroes’ Welcome, next to the Silver Enclave, but there were far too many people there he knew and he was in no mood for company. The wine and cheese shop had bread and cheese but Leikos didn’t drink wine, or any spirits for that matter. The Ledgermain likely had what he desired but it would likely be too rowdy for his tastes. It left only one option, the Underbelly.

There was something about the Underbelly that secretly appealed to Leikos. Despite his Officer Status, despite his Eldership, and despite his Wardenship, Leikos was a soldier. All the bells and whistles that came with his office were just utilities to effectively carry out his duties. And he carried them out to the letter on all occasions. He pulled a parchment from his pack and began skimming over it. It was a small map of several good fishing spots between the Tundra and Dragonblight. He had managed to talk a Tuskarr fisherman into drawing one out for him. It had been expensive and Leikos had been made to demonstrate his prowess in the Tuskarr fashion – notably slaying a rather large shark with only a wooden spear – but it was well worth it.

As he rounded the long corridor leading too the Underbelly, Leikos had been surprised by one of his Lieutenants from the Silver Enclave. The young human had lost color in his face and began talking hastily as if Leikos had caught him doing something inappropriate. Leikos had rolled his eyes and walked right past him.

He mumbled to himself while starting at the floor, “No blasted cooks to whip up a side of gruel, let alone a solid meal, apparently everyone in Dalaran forgot how to make a decent cup of honey mint tea, and I’m going too be late for a meeting I don’t even…”

Leikos was brought from his ramblings by the sudden bump of a slender individual. His hands had shot out to steady her from falling. He felt her hands slap across his chest then pull away quickly. What surprised him most was who the individual was. It was Priestess Asarelah, the priestess who had cared for him during his “stay” with the Nyxians. She gazed at him, not with hate or anger, but what seemed to be curiosity. He carefully released his grip on her.

“My apologies Priestess, in my fervor to seek substances, this old Kaldorei seems to have forgotten to watch where he treads. You wouldn’t happen to know a good place for some tea and a meal in these parts, by chance?”
I do not fear the shadows, I embrace them. Doing so gives me the strength to battle back the true darkness...

███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:35 am

High Priestess Asarelah stood stunned, like a deer caught mesmerized in a brilliant lantern light held high in the hand of a forest wanderer. Task Force Commander Leikos' musically lilting voice drifted in and out of her consciousness as she struggled to regain her senses, her hand going to her throat, as if to protect it from being severed.

She noticed the oddest things, caught in this unexpected thrall.... his hand quickly going to her side, to steady her, saving her from a nasty fall... the brilliant dazzle of his eyes... the thoughtful intelligence shining out at her through them... a kindly smile upon his lips, where she would have expected a snarl of hatred. But then, she had done her best to tend his well being when he had been her responsibility, as Nightwarder answerable to the Nyxian Tribal Council for his welfare. And even though she had fallen, ambushed by a unit of his army, she did not believe that the harm which had befallen her had come at his orders. Or perhaps it had? Shaking her head at that thought brought her sharply back to her senses.

Asarelah was heartily glad she had continuously pestered and down right badgered Underbelly Merchant Darahir, listening carefully to his every word, trying to learn of his origins, or it was doubtful that she could have understood even a single word that the Commander was saying. She made herself listen carefully to the melodious voice flowing past her ears.

“My apologies Priestess, in my fervor to seek substances, this old Kaldorei seems to have forgotten to watch where he treads. You wouldn’t happen to know a good place for some tea and a meal in these parts, by chance?” Leikos was saying, looking directly into the eyes of the bemused Sin'dorei, a pleasant grin etched across his otherwise careworn countenance.

Asarelah returned his direct gaze, smiled, and thought of bridges. Then, remembering her manners, and doing her best to use the Highbourne tongue she had learned from Darahir, hoping that Leikos would understand her better than he had at their first meeting, Lah tried to answer.

"Innkeep Ajah Green serves a delightful Mead Basted Caribou, it's flavor enhanced by his hand pressed Sour Goat Cheese and fresh baked Sweet Potato Bread. If you seek spirits, he serves none; but his Sweetened Goat's Milk has a hint of cinnamon, as does his Honeymint Tea. In spite of the fact that his Inn sits at the back of a pier deep within the Underbelly, and the odor is often quite.... ripe.... I challenge you to find a finer meal in all of Dalaran."

Knowing full well what the guards would do if she called out, eyes sparkling with mischief, a wry grin spreading across her lips, and her voice trembling with laughter, Asarelah all but giggled. "It would be my honour to guide you there, if you like, m'lord Leikos - so long as I have no need to be alert for ambush..... again!!"

Leikos Darkwood
Known Alliance
Known Alliance

Postby Leikos Darkwood » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:07 am

Leikos sat in the lone tower high above the Silver Enclave. He had spent the night there, deep in meditation. It was a refreshing alternative to normal sleep, not to mention the sun rise was an exceptional view so high above the clouds. In about an hour, the Enclave would begin to stir and buzz with activity. Right now, things were quiet.

Angvar arrived with a tray of fruits, cheese, bread, and a piping hot kettle of Honey mint tea. He placed them silently on the table behind Leikos and left without a word. The aroma seeping from the kettle brought Leikos from his trance. He opened his eyes and glanced over his shoulder. His stomach growled fiercely, reminding him that he had missed both lunch and dinner the prior day. He rose to his feet and moved towards the table. As he sat down to partake in his meal, he began reminiscing about his meeting with Asarelah.

He remembered the mischief in her eyes. Her voice had trembled with laughter as she had spoken to him…

"It would be my honour to guide you there, if you like, m'lord Leikos - so long as I have no need to be alert for ambush..... again!!"

Leikos looked around instinctively. At first his instincts began telling him an ambush lay in wait. He could feel his insides tense yet his exterior remained unreadable. He glanced around to every location at which a possible ambush could be found. There was no one. He listened to the sounds of the sewer. Running water, creaking of old boards, and the random squeaks of rats nearby. The scenario lasted only a few seconds.

Leikos nodded silently to Asarelah. Her smile was genuine. She bowed slightly to him and beckoned him to follow. He did so, cautiously. His hand brushed his back, checking the positioning of his two daggers. They were hidden to all, save for himself. Finding their positioning sufficient, he relaxed slightly. His attention returned to Asarelah.

She wore an elegant silk dress, embroidered with several High Elf designs. It was obviously tailored specifically for her as her every curve was accented by the high quality cloth. Her hair was short and had several highlights among her pure blonde hair. He had noticed the curvature of her face. She had all the characteristics of a Highborne yet many of them were slightly fuller. Her ears had a very slight rounding in areas which lead Leikos to the conclusion she was likely part human. It had added to her charm and beauty, in the old Kaldorei’s opinion.

“It won’t be long now, m’lord. We are almost there.”

Leikos grunted, “Good, I’ve had enough wandering about as it is. And stop calling me lord. If you must use title call me Commander or Warden. Though I’d prefer you just call me by my name. I have had about enough of titles for the day.”

Leikos considered that his statement may have been slightly harsh but he could hear a low chuckle from the Elf. Another five minutes and they had arrived. It was, for the most part, empty. Leikos looked around, instinctively, searching for signs of danger. He caught Asarelah gazing at him. She was likely wondering what he was doing.

“Priestess, I am in your debt. Though I cannot allot for the lack off good company but would you allow me the honor of providing you with a meal and some tea?”

Leikos was brought from his thoughts to the present by the sound of someone running up the spiral stairwell leading to the top of the tower.

“Commandar!” the voice of Angvar echoed as he appeared at the top of the Stairwell, “Thee Arrtifact ‘as been located. The ‘orde forces arre on the moove!”

Angvar handed Leikos a parchment. Leikos read through it quickly, then folded it and placed it in his side pouch.

“Send out messenger owls to the Al’shar and our allies. I want Lieutenant Commander Tindr informed immediately. Our forces move towards Dustwallow Marsh in haste.”

███████████████████████►
◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤

Theotaz

Postby Theotaz » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Sva, hurried down into the undercity. Wearing what amounted to her work-a-day clothing. A white working dress, her jewelry, and bracers, and her wand stuffed under a convenient sash. Of course in some regions her wand would be considered a hidious wepon but Sva never went out entireley unarmed. Asarelah was ahead of her talking to some elf she could see. Svalina had been working on some odds and ends for Lah and knew she would want an update. As she got closer she began to realize the elf was familiar. A night elf.. Leikos.

Sva's first instincct was to go to shadow form to obscure her presence and spy. Then she recalled the morning meeting with Theotaz. "Dis gold gal be buy'n ya flexibility gal. Dat ye know de Shadow ways be good, but ya bee need'n to be learn'n de odda way gal. Your choice which." Sva had visited the temple and prayed to Elune from dawn to dawn. The godess had come to her for just the moment. She had felt her heart and mind examined. She was still coming to terms with her new abilities. It would be awhile. No, she was not of a mind for sublety. Leikos had shown great honor in his past actions. she strode forward.

As Svalina strode up to Asarelah and embraced her, the night elf held him self still. It must have been a shock to see the two of them. Both of a hight. Many had remarked the the two could be near twins as the differences in thier features were the most minor.

Asarelah remarked warmly, "Svalina, I am sure you recall the Alliance Commander, Liekos?" Svalina's eyes shot wide for just a moment. "Liekos." she stated. Your looking somewhat better then when we saw you at the Azshara Bridge." Leikos had the propriety to blush.

"Yes" he recallled drily. "The remarkable conterfit was recognized as the work of Grand Master Theotaz of your house"... he sighed. If some damd fool hadn't tried to use it there would have been no fight.". "M'lady please, call me Leikos, and accept my apologies", he nodded to Asraelah. Svalina cocked her head in puzzlement. Asarelah questioned "What do you apologize for now Liekos?",

"Untill now I had not seen the both of you together. I had been mistaking ones action for the other."

Lah smiled her prettiest smile and Sva knew Liekos was in serious trouble for his gallantry. "Sva! Liekos had just invited me for Lunch, You must come along!" Sva also smiled her most charming and brilliant smale <yes, compleatly, and utterly doomed!>.

"Sva gushed..."Oh that would be wonderfull, of course we are all spying on each other, but of course we can't be spying on each other because we're meeting and enjoying food in a public place and everyone knows that Thats Not Spying! she finished with a flurish. Adjusting her sombrero for its most lady like fit she stepped to Leikos side opposite Lah and tucked and arm through his as Lah did the same on her side. Leikos got a "lets go!" in stereo! Poor man. I was going to be a wonderfull lunch.

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:00 pm

The hot, stagnant air of The Filthy Animal had a strong odor of junglevine wine mixed with the slight haze of smoke that came from the herbs the party of trolls was smoking. Aitana heard snippets of conversation in orcish among the troll-speak as she passed by. It seemed they were celebrating some sort of troll independence day. She took a quick look around the room to see if anybody she knew was there. Seeing nobody, she returned to the business of securing a hammock for the night. After a full day of tending to guild matters and then keeping a group of them alive in Naxxramas, nothing was going to keep her awake.

The arrangements to stow her gear and bags took only a few minutes. The hammock made a familiar creak under her weight as she made herself comfortable. At least this inn had suitable sleeping arrangements for a Tauren even though much of the décor, if you could call it that, was much more reminiscent of Orgrimmar but with a trollish flair. Moments later she was fast asleep.

She caught a glimpse of an orc. It was Azim! Aitana urged her kodo to speed up. She had to catch him! As she rushed forwarded, he turned. It was not the face she knew. It was a Kaldorei death knight leering at her. She knew that face. He was walking beside her with that smug, condescending smile. She glared at him and he smirked back. Vendil is what the others in the group called him. The landscape was familiar. They were in the Barrens not far from the Crossroads. In a flash she spurred her kodo to make a run for it, and when the death knight attempted to yank her back, she switched to her travel form. Freedom was in sight. Or was it? The cave was stifling hot from the lava and the breath of the dragon. Onyxia breathed out flame again. Green energy swirled around Gorehorn. Zindia fired bolts of ice up at the dragon. Dragon welps threatened to overpower them all by their shear numbers. Lava endangered the health of other party members. But Onyxia was dying. Soon they would be able to destroy the trinket and avenge the loss of the citadel of the Twilight Umbrage. The mighty dragon shook the ground when she fell. Aitana pulled out the trinket to throw it into the lava. Its gleam was mesmerizing. It seemed to pull her into itself and she lost consciousness. When she awoke she was it was dark. She could feel the presence of another with her. Instinctively she jumped up and re-enforced herself with barkskin.

“Aitana!”

That voice! She knew it at once although she had not heard it often. It sent a chill through her, yet she knew she was not in any immediate danger. In an instant she knelt before the skeletal speaker.

“What is your wish, milady?”

“A warning and two charges. Asarelah is in danger and not all dangers come in battle. That is the warning. Your first charge is to protect her. The second is to find Azim. He is heading to Dustwallow Marsh under the influence of dark magic. You must seek him out immediately, but do not interrupt him until you determine the source of the magic and the intent behind it.”

Aitana started to ask about what danger threatened Asarelah, but the presence faded before she had a chance to open her mouth.

Aitana’s eyes flew open, her pulse racing. Sitting up suddenly made her head swim. The familiar smells and the distant voices were reassuring. The words still resounded in her head. With the certainty of an Oracle she knew Lady Nyx had appeared to her. She resolved to consult the other Oracles as soon as possible to see if they had received similar communications from Lady Nyx, but her first responsibility was to obey.

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Tavern of the Setting Sun”