Oracle Warburn Smoketusk Kidnapped !!

Welcome to the hearth of our common room! We'll share our ale if you'll share a story. Or perhaps a song or poem? Whatever takes your fancy will find a home here. ((Public forum readable by any visitor))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Re: Oracle Warburn Smoketusk Kidnapped !!

Postby Asarelah » Thu May 14, 2009 8:59 am

Asarelah limped carefully in to her parlour and collapsed in her favorite chair. "Roar that fire, and bring me some hot tea," she nodded in the direction of the fireplace - that was not much more than smoldering ash - and waved dismissal at Chaliyphah, who was hovering anxiously beside her.

Chali paused, before going about her bidding. "Mistress, how went the search? Was the Oracle recovered?"

A weary Asarelah looked up into Chali's concerned face. "Aye, Warburn was portaled safely away, but he suffered greatly in his confinement, and it will take much tending to set him to rights. He may loose a leg, gangrenous... Aitana will tend it, her nurture skills are much greater than mine."

"Was the battle fierce, Mistress? You look done in!" Chali asked.

Lah laughed. "Twas fierce, aye. The failed Diplomacy still grieves me... it seems the Al'shar turned the might of the Alliance against us........ But we held them for long and long, at the Stockade's entrance, until we were able to carry Smoketusk out, and get him to safety. Another Epic Battle, to be sure."

Nodding, Chali prodded no further, turned on her heel, and hurried to bring that which would restore her exhausted Mistress.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Tasera

Postby Tasera » Thu May 14, 2009 11:51 pm

A few days had since passed since the horde forces had heroically barreled into the stockades to save the guilds Oracle Warburn. Wounds were healing and for the most part things seemed to settle back into normal paces. Tasera was still healing from the escapades of controlling Despara and running deep into the prison to find and possibly save Warburn.
Her head would on occasion ache, enough pain that the mighty huntress would have to stop in her tracks and sit and wait for the horrible pain to subside. She would have never done such a stunt if she knew this would have happened. Each time another throbbing swell of pain would come, her body would seem to weaken for a while too. A cycle that was wearing the troll out, quickly. So often or not, after the rescue of Warburn, she spent much of her time in the home Theotaz had selflessly made for her.

She could not thank Theotaz enough for the permanent home. She had no clue how to thank the old troll for such a gift. For the longest of times she had been living life like a drifter, moving from inn to inn and eating at random places, never having time to properly fix the kills she had made in the field. But now, she had a place to store the fresh meat, and then properly season it with troll herbs and spices to make meals that reminded her of her times at home. Such a gift, she was never sure how she could properly thank Theotaz.

It was one of those day again, a massive headache had caught her early so she had decided to remain in her home for the rest of the day. She was now preparing a fresh stew of talbuk venison and dragon fin. An odd mixture but with the right spices, it tasted delicious, one of her favorite recipes that she had discovered on her return to Shatterspear some time back. While she was in the labors of cooking she could help but wonder of Warburn. How was he fairing? She had heard that he picked up some nasty bug while there, and was trying to sleep off, along with the other injuries he had received.

She would not admit it to anyone, but, she couldn’t be more glad that he was back. It was probably not hard to tell how she felt, what she went through to find his location within the stockades. Yet, being the stubborn troll female she was, she refused to admit such feelings to anyone. She had to hold back such a big grin and joy when they found him, all to put up a strong front.

The moment she noticed her thoughts wandering off towards Warburn, Tasera shook her head and slapped herself in the fact to get her mind off the topic. She grumbled to herself, and continued to prepare the stew for the slow cooking. She threw Despara a few bites of meat and put the large boiling pot onto a fire just outside her home. She was going to invite Lah over for supper tonight to talk over the events, and what has been happening to her. Hoping she would know if these headaches would subside or if this weakness would be something she’d have to deal with for the rest of her days. Aswell she was going to invite theotaz, to try and give one way to thank him. Any leftovers woudl be taken to warburn, knowing that he would always enjoy good troll cooking. Especcially in the state he was now.
Da lady of da voodoo!

Tasera-80 Hunter Akeagoro-76 Death Knight Kalixx-80 Shaman.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Fri May 15, 2009 11:37 am

Asarelah was close enough to Tasera's new digs, that she could monitor her sister, undetected, by keeping Mind Vision locked on her. Lah could feel the swells of pain washing over Tas, each time another wave threatened to drop the stubborn Troll to her knees. Tas had refused to go to the Tribe's infirmary, insisting that she was fine, but Asarelah knew better.

Examining the Troll had been problematic, at best. Lah tried to peek closer, without being caught out. She could sense the horrid pain, but could not determine if the underlying cause was disease, poison or a curse of some sort. And research had proved fruitless.

"Well, I will just treat all three then!" Lah muttered to herself, carefully placing the Purification Potion she had instructed Chaliyphah to brew up in her pack.

Just as she was lacing the top of her pack, she heard an awful ruckus somewhere in the vicinity of the garden, and it was headed this way! Looking up at the kitchen door, she was not surprised to see Bane lumber in. The hard headed hound pranced to Lah, then back to the door, and returned to Lah again, giving her such a look of entreaty, that it was all Lah could to to stifle her laughter.

"Good Boy, Bane. What is it? You want to play, or did Tas sent you to fetch me?" Lah asked, watching carefully for the hound's reaction. At the mention of Tasera's name, her beloved hound reared up, placing two muddy paws on Lah's shoulders, and gave the Warder a sloppy lick all along her jaw line.

"All right, all right already! I can take a hint!" Lah laughed and pushing Bane to the ground, she grabbed the pack of remedies, and prepared to follow; she motioned Bane to head back the way he had come, to the new home of his Mistress.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Theotaz

Postby Theotaz » Sat May 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Dulucre trotted into the hall with a big grin.."Got it done boss, I don't think Tasera even was concerned..I think she was preparing some troll remedy or something or other for Warburn and any way I put the peons right to work and.." Theo listed for some moments while Dulucre described piping water from the new creek under banes den to heat the water under the newly constructed sweat lodge/sauna and then into a great stone tub. Theo listened with approval of dulucres solution to a couple tricky engineering problems "...and that was that, paid off the peons, and then let Tasera know that it was ready for use." Theo continued to work repairs to his armor from the vengence run into Darnassus, The Exodar, and Iron Forge. Dulucre droned on about this and that when his words caught Theo attention.

So anyway I spent a few moments talking with Asrealah's house girl and It turns out that Tasera and Warburn were kind off a thing a few years back..though I understand that mostly it was Warburn not Tesera, but ya know boss with him hang'n at her place recovering its gonna kinda put a wrench into your plans.. Warburns a pretty hot dude as trolls go I hear and.." "STOP!" Theotaz commanded. Dulucre rattled on a bit more.. "I said Stop!" Dulucre stopped talking. "Uh Boss?" Dulucre asked.. "You Will Be Quiet!" Theotaz commanded, his eyes blazing in unholy fury. "Dulucre, I will say this one time only mon, and never again. Dis house walk de honor road and no otha. Any suggestion dat I must act to control de actions of another much less one of the guild Will Not Be Tolerated. If you eva suggest such a ting again you will be dismissed from service. I owe my life to Warburn a dozen times ova, As does your cousin Svalina, and Kheliosrham. Tasrea be not a ting to be won like a prize. She is a person, and will make her own decisions. I thank you for the work you have done, but dis we will speak no more about. You should perhapes talk to Svalina.. perhapes she can disabuse you of dis notions. Now, you are dismissed for de day. Out of ma presence! GO!"

Kheliosrham came in as Dulucre left angry and frightened. "A little harsh on the lad wern't you Theo?" She asked. " Yea, perhapes. But even a suggestion of such I will tolerate. Dat boy spend to much time wid his succumbi, and not 'nuff time wid people. Why did he have to be a warlock eh?" Khelio shrugged "Thats between himself and his family Theo but he's right about one thing. As long as Warburn is there her attention will be focused on him, and she does care a very great deal for the Elder." Theo threw his armor down in frustration. "Am I to plot against ma brudda, one who has kept me from harm and been der to encourage me when I first left Arthus service?" Dis no lurid tale from a story teller, dis be real. Why you all so impatent anyway?" Warburn gonna be a couple weeks healing up, and his contribution to Tasera's place be as great as me own. He has earned a right to some rest, and he need it." Khelio frowned slightly.. "Theo, Warburn does not know he helped. The only one who is saying he did is you, he has no memory of it." Theo looked struck... "No! he must know de spirits dey will tell him I am certain.. Der must be a reason he not remember." "He is still recovering from his ordeal" Khelio stated "perhapes when he is better he will remember." Theo stood dropping his armor where it was a grabbing a travelling cloak from a nearby hook "I must go.. I'll be back" and with those words he tore out the door to the stables mounted his death charger and rode off in a thunder of hooves.

Hours later he arrived at tasera's. Avioding the house he went to the area where the shrines to the elements were as quietly and unobtrusivly as he could. Kneling he prayed "Spirits hear me. I am told many tings, and dey all be confus'n. Ma brudda Warburn not remember what he did here wid you help I am told.
I will have nott'n hidden from Tasera, please help him to rememba what he did here. I do love dat gal, she excite me like no one I eva meet, but her will be her own. If she should find herself chos'n twixt warburn and ma self, I want her to be mak'n de best choice for her. Only den can she find happiness for herself. I cannot know her feeling, but I know my own. I love her, and I want her to be happy. I tank ye spirits for allow'n me to speak in dis holy place, and I humble myself before ya. Give Warburn his memory of dis tings I beg ya." Theo lit incence at eacho f the altars and left tokens to each of the elements and then quietly headed back to where he had tied up his mount. "come on boy, I tink we need to go to ebon hold.. I need to talk wid Morgrain I tink.. maybe he got some insight to dis. I cannot have ma house or ma guild in any type of uproar over dis. To many important tings be happ'n." Theo summoned a Deathgate and rode through it.

Tasera

Postby Tasera » Sun May 17, 2009 11:10 pm

Tasera sat down on a porch as her pot of stew boiled over and open fire pit. Despara slept quietly at her side. The female troll knew that Asarelah would arrive any moment, but she was honestly surprised that Theotaz had not taken the invitation for a thank you dinner, she felt like it would be something he would have jumped over in heart beat. The water from the stream was running heavy this day, a lot of rain in the hills was streaming down into the creek bed and the sound of the running water was a blessing to her pointed ears. It was a lovely sight, one that she was more then happy to get up and walk over to, despite how exhausted she had been feeling.

She kneeled down, even though the rains had muddied the waters for the moment, the spot was great for fishing, “Theo thought of everything...” she placed her hand in. The water was icy cold and fresh. Dipping her other hand, and cupping them, she took a long drink of the fresh water. She could taste the minerals with each sip, and it made her smile a bit, “Yeah…dis be a good stream.” She stood up and stretched her back. Her attention back to the stew, she meandered over and began to stir the trollish concoction, A few more minutes and it’ll be ready me tinks, she thought while stirring the meal. She was not much of a cook at all, but the few troll recipes she had memorized, she knew well.

As she stirred the stew, her mind began to wander. There were loads of rumors floating around about her and Warburn, and at the moment, she was not exactly sure how to take them, or even what to think about them. She tried not to let the rumors get to her too much, last thing she needed was her temper to flare up another one of those throbbing headaches. The only rumor that was true though was the fact that she let him take up temporary residence in her new home. The place was large, and close enough to Lah that her close friend could come and tend to the oracles wounds about once a day, or as needed.

Leaning down while she though, Tasera took a whiff of the stew and a tusky smile curved her lips, “Yeah…ready.” Striding to the kitchen, Tasera acquired a bowl and ladle. She doubted Warburn would have the strength to want and join the group at the table. She poured two ladles worth of stew into the bowel and made her way to the room Warburn was staying in.

When she entered, she was very surprised to see him up and not sleeping like he has been doing for three days straight. He was meditating. Tasera was not entirely sure what the reasons were for this meditation, so when she began to walk in, she slowly tip toed, doing her best not to break his concentration with any noise. A smile did cross her features though, just to see him not sleeping and show a definite sign of improvement was enough warm her heart. While the happiness flowed over her she placed a spoon delicately into the bowel, then quietly set the meal on a desk. All the while hoping the smell would grab the Oracle’s attention before it went cold.

With out a moments hesitation, Tasera started to tip toe her way back out of the room to prepare the table for Lah’s arrival.
Da lady of da voodoo!

Tasera-80 Hunter Akeagoro-76 Death Knight Kalixx-80 Shaman.

Theotaz

Postby Theotaz » Mon May 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Kheliosrham made her way to Tasera's place. She settled her wolf and left her dispatch case on the saddle once she arrived. Tasera had heard her arriving and had come out of the main hut. "Khelio?" she spoke somewhat surprised. I was kinda expect'n Theotaz." Khelio took a dipper from a bucket hanging nearby and doused her head to wash the dust of travel off. Khelio looked up at the Troll Huntress "He can't make it Tasera. He has some issues he must deal with. That Troll has got to be the most not dead un-dead I have ever seen. I was hopeing he would at least stop by and talk with you because I know he came to the property." Khelio's nose came up sniffing the air. She slowly turned in a half circle. "He was here though. I smell the same incence he bought in town last week." Khelio pointed over to the thicket and grove along the creek to the south west. "he went to the spirit shrines." Khelio eye balled the area carefully. "doesn't look like you've been over that way yet. You'll find fruit and nut trees, herb planting, berries, and more along the creek between the house and the spring that feeds the creek.. That was warburns intercession with the spirits that brought that about Theo says. That kind of puzzles me seeing Warburn was locked up in Stormwind at the time." Khelio shrugged. "Mostly I just wanted to see the place now that your moved in." She grinned..and mounted her war wolf.
"I do belive Theo went to get some courtship advice. It will be absolutly bone headed wrong of course, so don't be surprised if you see him doing some phenominally stupid and dangerous stunts around you in the neer future."

Settling in to the saddle she wheeled the wolf around. Looking back over her shoulder. "Tasera, he's scared is all, and he really does not know what to do. Becoming a death Knight stole a great deal of his past from him. He doen't remember the traditions of his own people. He just doesn't know what to do next. And I really am afraid he might just do something really dumb and dangerous. I've been watching a battle tested, superbly trained and equipped death knight turn into a 9 year old boy before my very eyes. It's a little unsettling. Please be patient with him." Khelio sighed again.."If only he were an Orc." With a wave and a whisper to into the ear of her mount Khelio made her way off the site. Next stop, Orgrimaar.

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Wed May 20, 2009 8:51 pm

It has been almost a week since his rescue, and the Eldest Shaman of the tribe was recovering well. Deep down he was concerned however for it had never taken him so long to recover from anything. The hacking cough wouldn't relent. And the fatigue made him feel sorry for himself the most, a feeling he would share with no one.

Meditation and the care he was given by Lah, Aitana and the hospitality Tasera showed him made his recovery time as pleasant as could be. For this he thanked the Loas. The room Tasera let him stay in was on the upper level, and opened up to a ring of balcony which surrounded the home. From out there he could overlook the garden and stream which was there thanks to his communing with the Elements. Theotaz somehow managed to draw Warburn's ethereal presence which gave him greater sway over the Elements. The Loa of Water gave her element to a dried up spring below the Earth. The Loa of Wood gave strong essence to the boughs which make the hut. This hearth was blessed. Not only by the Spirits and Elements but by the fact that Tasera now resided here.

Her wild spirit as impossible to tame as it was, seemed to be at peace in this domicile. Another thing, Warburn sensed some sexual energy when ever she walked by him. Maybe that was why he had prolonged his stay. He knew himself well enough to admit it had. It's just how she looked at him... And he could swear she seemed to be home more then he thought she ever was when they were out on the field. She was one of the most eligible trolls he ever knew.... But no, he couldn't.

Theotaz. He built her this house. He is a knight of the tribe. A Death Knight who lived life and now is... something more. Theo is a friend more then anything. He knew if he stayed any longer something might happen... he just couldn't do that to Theo.

One evening he woke from the smell of some kodo stew. Warburn was feeling tired but happy his appetite had returned for the old troll was starving. He put on his spring robes and headed downstairs. Aitana had a cauldron of her stew specialty hung nicely over the fire. Aitana was still chopping vegetables for a salad, Tasera cutting up huge slabs of meat for her companion beasts while Lah was preparing the room for the 4 of them to sit and eat, all the while talking about something.

Warburn stepped down from the stairs and smiled as he crossed the floor. He bowed to the blood elf priestess as deep as his back would let him right out of bed. Then he came up to Aitana and gave her a loving squeeze around the shoulder, and commented on how excited he is to eat the meal she is preparing. Lah asked him how he was feeling with genuine concern as Tasera was watching, slamming the chopping blade every thirty seconds or so.

"Ah feel tah'rd, me'z wanna sleep fo a moon or two."
The shaman said as he turned his back to her, leaned low and scooped from the stew and brought a spoon to his mouth for a taste.

Lah gave a giggle and within seconds was back to talking about all the different guildies and what they were up to, and how beaming with pride she was of Parted hair, and how she was going to burst from joy for one reason and happiness for another.

His mouth watering from the delicious taste he turned to look at Tasera. She was busy setting aside the meals for her companions, but when he reached 2 steps distance from her she looked up. Their eyes met. Warburn reached her and stopped. Not knowing what to say, both leaned their heads forward and bonked each other lightly... their tusks making contact. They let their tusks scrape against each other ever so slightly before pulling back. Warburn, suddenly clearly flustered stepped out for some fresh air until the meal was ready to be served. But before he could light his freshly packed pipe Lah came to call him back in.

Warburn waited until after the meal was over to light his pipe. He didn't talk much during the meal, no one did other then Lah. She told them all about her trip to Stormwind as Ambassador of Nyx to the Alashar. She spared no detail in describing the zepplin flight, ride through enemy lands, and especially the Human capital. The way she described everything it seemed like a delightful vacation trip over seas. The Elder Shaman took a good puff from the pipe and then handed it to Tasera with a smile before he got up to join Aitana on the deck.

The Oracle couldn't put off returning to service anymore. The Elders knew they had to talk, and what was now a natural habit they set out to meet for a chat after feeding together. Warburn turned his chair so that he could lean his arm on the big front window of the home. That way he could see both Aitana and the sparkle of his eye who was currently peering with awe at the dragon glyphed pipe he left with her.

Aitana told Warburn of the renewed tension between the factions, of the Crossroads coming under constant siege, and that Thunder Bluff had an attempt on Cairn thwarted. She updated him on the new developments in their tribe. For while the Elder shaman was held imprisoned Lady Nyx allowed some new blood to join the tribe, and the more veteran soldiers were gaining ground against the scourge taking down one floating zigurat after another. He gave his advice where it was requested but mainly just listened. Happy to be of service and pleased to know that his advice was still required after being captive for so long. His shame in getting captured lingered within him, but he sensed none of that from those present. And finally getting back into the business of leading the Horde in the name of the Dark Lady helped him put that shame behind him.

Once Aitana was done debriefing him, the others in the house joined them and chatted long into the night. Warburn grinned every time one of the ladies giggled or cackled.

"Oh mon! I wish I could live in de Emerald Dream. Me steel tie'ahed. Dontcha worry tho m'ladies I make m'self get back intah action real soon. Yah's company, care and concern 'as done mo bettah fo me den any juju could evah do."
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Return to “Tavern of the Setting Sun”