The passage of time.... (( Open RP ))

Welcome to the hearth of our common room! We'll share our ale if you'll share a story. Or perhaps a song or poem? Whatever takes your fancy will find a home here. ((Public forum readable by any visitor))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Blightwind

Re: The passage of time.... (( Open RP ))

Postby Blightwind » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Quickly returning his blade to its scabbard, Blightwind gave one nod in agreement to Galeandra, then turned and bowed deeply to Lady Asarelah, touching his fist to his chest in salute. Armed with little more than a burning white hot determination to win his heart’s most ardent desire, he summoned his flyer and followed, deep in concentration.n nThoughts raged unending through his head. “This is insane... She won’t have me... How could she possibly want me? She doesn’t even know me! I am nothing to her... I should not have spoken... I was happy just to see her when I could, even though she never looked my way. I never dreamed this could happen. She can have any man on earth, just with her slightest smile, or even the smallest word; but never did she look at any man save those she views simply as her Champions serving Nyx. I care not if I die a thousand times, just for her single whisper... My god, this all happened so fast! I can't believe she would even hear me, much less consider me... Light help me, I love her! But what on earth am I thinking?? This is crazy!!” The inner turmoil kept churning his soul and it did not stop there...n n“ENOUGH!!” came his brutal mental shout, roaring to dismiss the doubt and fear of what might be lost should he fail, hitting him from all sides. “She makes me happy. It's her that I want - and I wasn't even looking, hell didn't even want anyone, until she walked in to my life out of no where with her beautiful smile, changing me... Forever. She completes me, should she allow it, and I care for nothing else. I have no choice. I must not stop until she's mine. I have GOT to try!!"n nGritting his teeth, Blightwind ordered his mind to calm, and to focus on the task at hand - besting Asarelah's finest Champion. An impossible task, but yet, perhaps there was a chance. "I have my chance," he thought fiercely to himself. "My chance to show her my true worth. My chance to prove to her that it is she I love. Only she, and no other!! My chance to convince her that while I will put all the tribe before my own needs should she ask it, it is only she that I would have for my Queen; and I would lay down my life at her feet a thousand times over, for her smallest desire – even if it’s only at the distance of one of her Champions. This is my chance... Take it, I shall!!”n nWith the smallest glimmer of hope in his heart, he continued to fly along side Galeandra toward Crystalsong Forrest, determined to prove that he, and he alone, was fit to be the Consort to a Queen.

Galeandra

Postby Galeandra » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:05 pm

While flying alongside Blightwind to Crystalsong Forrest, Galeandra thought to herself,nn'Is this really happening? Blightwind and Asarelah? Is he the one to be by her side? Will he keep her safe? Will he make her laugh? Will he hold true to his honor and be the knight to sweep her off her feet?'nnGale wondered, allowing Onyx to guide her way, feeling unsure about Blightwind, for as much as she trust's him, for him to take Asarelah's hand goes beyond trust. For Blightwind to take Asarelah's hand, he must give in to her, soul and all. For Blightwind to take Asarelah's hand, he must prove to me that he is genuine. That he truly loves her. For if she accepts, she will be giving her life to him. He wants her. That's for sure, but is it for love?nnGaleandra straightens her brow and hardens her look, nn'That's it!! I'll just have to beat the truth out of him! No matter what, he is not getting her until he gets past me! Even if it takes a thousand duels, I will not give in until I know for certain he is the right man for Asarelah. I am her Champion, it is my duty to protect her with my life and make sure she has only the best in men. My Oracle deserves no less. I swore an oath and I would die if I failed my oath.'nnGaleandra lands on the platform near the south end of Crystalsong Forrest. As she dismounts, she pulls out her blade, then salutes her challenger.nn'Blightwind, this is going to hurt. But as they say, 'Love hurts.' Show me how you really feel! I am ready.'nnGaleandra then charges Blightwind, as tries to prove his love for Asarelah.nn~ Galeandra ^_^

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:53 pm

Myyah wasted no time getting to her mother’s side when she sensed Asarelah’s mental state radiating through the hearthstone. She landed next to the Oracle just in time to see Blightwind and Galeandra’s flight fade into the distance.nn“Dearest mother,” she began, reaching out her hand to steady a clearly shaken Asarelah. “You are obviously not your bright sun shiny self. What’s this about Blightwind? I just saw Gale and Blight leave together, both with eyes of a determined beast ready to kill. What is going on?? And where are those two going??” Myyah ask, a brow raised in marked concern.nn“I don’t know Myyah... Blightwind has asked for my hand... then they left to kill each other…. In that order,” came Lah’s clipped responses to her daughter’s questions. Accepting Myyah’s outstretched hand, the Oracle stood, dusted herself off, and forced an inner calm to marshal her thoughts.nn“Asked for your hand? Oh my god!! Kill each other? You have got to be kidding!!” Myyah questioned, full of disbelief. “Those two are the best of friends! Why on earth would they try and kill each other... and especially over that??!!”nn“Daughter, I do not have time to sort this out, much less understand it. All I can tell you is that there is much more here than meets the eye, the depths of which not even I can fathom instantly. But I must find out, and at once... before my finest Champion kills Blightwind!!”nn“Come with me, quickly!” Asarelah continued as she called up her flying mount fidgeting impatiently as she watched Myyah followed suit. Asarelah tightened her reins, turned her dragon’s nose in the direction the Paladins had vanished, and took to the air without hesitation.nnThe two women made record time to Crystalsong Forest, only to arrive to the sound of much shouting and the clashing of cold steel….

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Galeandra

Postby Galeandra » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:57 pm

“We shall commence our duel on this platform Blightwind. If you truly care for Asarelah and love her with all your heart, then nothing shall stop you. Not even me. I have been charged with protecting her and I will not let up for no man shall have her lest that man proves to me that his heart is pure and without doubt. I can’t bear to see her heart shatter so I must know that you are the one, even if I am to die in the process.”nnBlightwind salutes Galeandra, then with a stern look on his face, responds to her,nn“Galeandra... I will have her, and make her mine, even if I must fight you for a thousand years, she will be mine. Even if it kills me. Galeandra, you are my friend and brother in arms. We have fought many times together in life and in death. If I am to die, know that I die for Asarelah and am proud to fall to your blade. However, make no mistake, I am determined to have her, whether in life or death, no matter what.”nnGaleandra smiles, for the words spoken to her where the words she was waiting to hear, but in the end, words are words. Only actions determine the truth. She quickly returns to her serious look, with the look of blood on her eyes. nn“Prepare thyself Blightwind, I will not hold back!” Galeandra says, her mind made up, determined to destroy Blightwind should he not prove his love for Asarelah.nnRight at that moment, Galeandra charges in and deals a heavy blow to Blightwind. Blightwind quickly recovers and strikes Galeandra on her shoulder. Time has stopped for both of them, blood coursing through the air, as the sound of clashing steel resonated throughout Crystalsong Forrest. Galeandra turns and her blade enters Blightwind’s left arm, incapacitating it. Blightwind backs off and Galeandra walks up to him.nn“What is this??! You love Asarelah right??! Prove it to me! Defeat me!!”nnAsarelah and Myyah arrive and land on the platform both shocked to see blood everywhere and Blightwind on his knees. Asarelah starts to tear up and Myyah draws her close, giving her warmth as she supports her mother. Blightwind glances up and sees Asarelah, giving him more strength. Blightwind stands up, blood free flowing from his left arm, and he points his sword at Galeandra as she waits, ready to strike again. nn“You may have dealt a heavy blow but I don’t die so easily Galeandra!”nnBlightwind’s wings suddenly burst from his body and he charges for Galeandra, his left arm gathering what strength it has left for the killing blow. Galeandra, surprised tried to jump back to avoid the slash. Blightwind connects and strikes Galeandra on her leg, then stabs her in her lower abdomen just missing her kidney. Galeandra wrenches in pain, feeling the warm blood start to gush out. She smiles at Blightwind, puts her arm on his shoulder and tells him in a hoarse voice.nn“That’s the determination I’m looking for my friend... Asarelah deserves no les..ugh...!” nnGaleandra pushes Blightwind back, her blood flowing out. Dizziness starts to overtake her as she wobbles back, feeling the sword leave her body. Trying to balance on her bad leg while grasping her stab wound, she again smiles at Blightwind.nnGaleandra looks at Asarelah for the last time, knowing that it’s her duty to protect her and give her life for her. No, Galeandra thought, this isn’t just a duty. She’s family to me. I must do what I can to make her happy, even if it kills me. Her eyes darken and she looks to Blightwind.nn“It’s time we finish this. If I am to die.. Please look after my sister and protect her..”nnBlightwind, wide eyed, suddenly connect Galeandra’s relationship with Asarelah and now understands why she’s so determined to protect her from him. Thoughts start pouring through his mind, now questioning whether he should kill her, now that he has the chance, for it may devastate Asarelah. He hesitates.nnEverything goes into a calm. The wind dies down, the sun peaks out of the clouds, lighting the platform the two heros stood upon. Those few moments were the longest moments for everyone. Galeandra then charges Blightwind, knocks him back and quickly disarms him, giving it her all with the full belief that this will be her last breath. She then points her sword at him, shaking unsteadily as she continues to bleed to death.nn“You.. have been defeated... Will you accept your defeat and back away from Asarelah?”
nBlightwind looks up and stares right into Galeandra’s eyes.nn“I would rather die then give her up!”nn“So be it” Galeandra says with sadness in her voice, gripping her sword firmly.nn~ Galeandra ^_^

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Tue May 25, 2010 8:30 am

(( Thank you with all my heart, Elena !! ))nnviewtopic.php?f=45&t=4193&start=60nElenanPost subject: Re: New Artwork ThreadnPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:27 pm n nImagennThe lady 'Lah, and Sir Blightwind. V.1.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Tue May 25, 2010 8:54 am

The rain pounded on the stone roof, beating a sharp counterpoint to the memories drifting through Asarelah’s mind. A rustling sound brought Lah’s thoughts back to the here and now, and she looked up from her desk as Chaliyphah laid a stack of papers before her.nn“You seem lost in thought, Oracle. What fires are you putting out now with that intense look?” Chali asked her Mistress.nn“Oh, no fires Chali. They are already tended this morn. Just memories….” Lah trailed off, softly smiling.nn“Memories, eh? Do share!” Chali returned, taking a seat to listen, and leaning her elbows on Asarelah’s desk, all ears.nn“Well, I was just remembering the fight… between Blightwind and Galeandra….. They nearly killed each other, and I do not think I could have survived the loss of either of them.”nnChali made an encouraging noise to gently prod her Mistress to continue. “Mmm hmm… Since you had me out gathering I missed it all. Tell me of it please.”nn“Myyah was with me… and when we arrived there was blood everywhere…” Lah shuddered at that particular memory. “Gale was down, and then she regrouped charging at Blight just as we landed, prepared with a death strike… But I stepped between them and stopped it!!”nn“You stepped between them? I had not heard that. Are you crazy? Two paladins in mortal combat and you stepped between them?” Chali shook her head in disbelief.nnAsarelah nodded. “Yes, I stopped the fight. It would have killed me to loose either of them. And I was right to do so. I did not know then how rich my life would be now, being at Blight’s side. And Gale had no way to know then either; that Blight’s heart was pure and his intentions true. But now we know….”nn“We know what?” Blightwind said as he entered the room, removing his riding gloves and slapping them on his thigh. Walking past Chali, he moved to hover over Asarelah, leaning one hand on her desk while he gathered her in to his other arm and kissed her soundly.nnIt took a moment for Lah’s eyes to clear and her thoughts to return to those before her. Blightwind’s kisses were a treasure to her and to be enjoyed at every opportunity. Finally she responded, with a dazzling smile.nn“I know that you love me, above all else and even before your own lust for battle, dearest. And that you would die before living without me, even for an instant.” Lah said, breathlessly.nn“What I did?” was his laughing response as he gently released her from his strong embrace, his eyes never leaving hers, shining clearly full of love without thought or reason for his Lady.nn“Impossible relationships…” was her murmured answer as she reached up to him, pulling him back to her and returning his kiss with one of her own.nn“Impossible? Ha!” Blightwind laughed again as Lah released him from the kiss. “The only thing impossible here is how many children “We” seem to have!”nn“What do you mean, Lover?” Asarelah looked in to his eyes, clearly puzzled.nn“You…. seem to adopt every member of the Tribe darlin…. And I have to stop and think when someone says “Father…” Blight admitted, scratching his head, and shaking it, looking a bit bemused. “I don’t mind… don’t get me wrong. It’s just… unsettling… is all.”nn“My Love…. It’s part and parcel of being a care giver…. I can not invest that much time, effort and love in to our people’s needs without loving them as my own. And besides that, it’s my nature. This you well know,” Lah said, looking up in to his eyes and smiling. “Now they are yours by default. Get used to it!!”nn“Mmmmm…. Maybe…” he replied, grinning and reaching for her again.

Edmund Burke

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:46 pm

Asarelah gazed through the glass watching the rain beat down the trees outside, smiling softly to herself, reflecting on her great love of the mighty Paladin, Blightwind. He had taken her by storm, much like the fury unleashed by the weather outside her window.nn“You are mine! No other shall have you!” he had whispered, as he looked insistently in to her eyes, leaving no doubt in her mind that he well and truly meant what he said.nnMuch time had passed since she had given him her hand. And much had changed. Everywhere around her were marks of his occupation and possession of her world. Her days and nights were filled with a happiness she had not known for decades.nnFootsteps sounded behind her, and she turned to see Chaliyphah enter the room.nn”Why so intent, Mistress?” Chali inquired, clearly curious why the Oracle was just standing there, wool gathering, as the storm outside raged on.nn“He loves me….” was Asarelah’s smiling response.nnChali laughed out loud. ”You are so funny, Lah. Now…. tell me something I don’t know!’

Edmund Burke

Return to “Tavern of the Setting Sun”