The passage of time.... (( Open RP ))

Welcome to the hearth of our common room! We'll share our ale if you'll share a story. Or perhaps a song or poem? Whatever takes your fancy will find a home here. ((Public forum readable by any visitor))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

The passage of time.... (( Open RP ))

Postby Asarelah » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:41 am

From: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2283nAsarelahnPost subject: Asarelah, what brings you here ?nPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:55 pm
nnAsarelah sat on the bank of the small lake, at the base of the Horde guard station in Wintergrasp, watching her bobber and awaiting the next bite. While the snow was still inches deep, she did not feel the cold, for the cold in her heart was too overwhelming.nnSo many things had passed since the heat of last summer… Many beloved faces had passed away to dust and only cherished memories, so much so that she had buried herself in her work. But it was time to stop the wool gathering, and get on with living. Long past time.nnChampions had stepped forward, to carry the Horde banner in her name…. Silmeria, Thulcondar, Galeandra…. But no man had stepped forward to claim her heart, and call her his own, and at times the sadness was overwhelming.nnHowling, oh why did he sleep so…. even though she knew he could never be faithful to any woman, she loved him still and always would, in spite of his weaknesses and flaws. The loss of Darkwood had nearly shattered her, even though not the slightest touch had ever passed between them. Likewise, Dawnbringer might have won her heart, as he had taken her hand, had he pressed his suit. Even the Battlemaster might have been a large part of her life, had he the chance. And Asarel, oh heaven help her if she even for an instant thought of him, and the far far distant past.nnGone. They were all gone. And she was alone with only her memories.nn“Time for a change. Yes, well past time,” she muttered to herself and stood up, grabbing what she had caught, packing her fishing pole, along with the day’s catch, in to her satchel. “This will NOT do!!”nnThen she heard the sounds of a scuffle, moving closer, and voices raised in battle fury.nn“What mischief is afoot??!!” she continued muttering, and quickly pulled her combat gear out of it’s bag, slamming her hands in to her fighting gloves and quickly synching the rest of her regalia in to place. “We shall just see, shall we?”nnCasting what protections she could about herself, she rapidly strode forward toward the cries of battle. Not far past where the guards stood, loafing at their ease, and completely oblivious to what was occurring nearly under their noses, she spied a plate covered back, fighting for his life, with two foes upon him, and roaring his challenges back at them as he valiantly strove to survive, trying in vain to move the battle closer to the guards.nnAttuning herself to the Knight, that was hard pressed to answer the challenges of the two he faced, she cast strong shields upon him and sent him a whisper that she was prepared to answer the challengers he faced, and give them back as good as they were giving… and to press forward.nnAnd he did…..nnOne foe dropped nearly at once as the refreshed Knight renewed his valiant attacks, pressing hard. That miscreant pulled back his blade to turn and run in terror, due to the powerful protective aura that had appeared about the Knight, whose wounds had all suddenly disappeared as his health was restored and his stamina snapped back to full, at the hands of Lah’s tender mercies.nnThe other alliance dog also tried to flee, but was dropped as he ran, from the Knight’s powerful blows, along with the shadow magics the priestess had afflicted the would-be murdering scum with, just after she had seen to the well being of the Knight.nnEven with his back to her, Asarelah could tell that though his health had been restored, and he had been made whole, that he was nearly done in. “You have my thanks, and your timing was just short of miraculous,” he said, bone weary as he wiped the blood and gore from his blade, sheathing it. “Now then…. Who might you be?”nnAs he turned to face her, she watched while his face changed. His eyes caught fire, and then a smile came dancing across his lips, as he uttered one small word, with a sigh….nn“Lah….”

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Blightwind

Re: The passage of time.... (( Open RP ))

Postby Blightwind » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:02 pm

Long have you protected me from harm my lady, and long have I enjoyed your company in battle. Over these long months since joining the tribe, I have grown closer to you than anyone else. This is no small feat for I thought my heart had grown to be as hard as the breastplate that covers it. nnHowever, I sense that your heart is empty, much like my own. I believe that it is time for us both to end this loneliness together and find what life has to offer outside of the constant tides of battle. I may not be as eloquent in my words as a learned mage, but will you take my hand and walk this new path with me my lady?

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:17 am

Asarelah looked stunned, her emerald eyes as bedazzled as any doe caught on a forest path blinded in the wash of searing light from a Warder’s lamp. Stammering, not knowing what to say, she simply stood quietly, biting her lower lip and blushing scarlet.nnTouching her hearthstone, she sent a wail for aid to her Champion. “Come, and quickly. I need you!!”nn“Lah, what troubles you?? You sound… frightened…. and in Wintergrasp!!” Galeandra’s urgent whispers rang loudly in Asarelah’s mind.nn“It’s… I can’t… I don’t know… Ohhhh….” Asarelah moaned, trailing off. “Look inside me, and see the words just spoken me…” Lah haltingly whispered as she threw herself fully open to her Champion, for discovery of what transpired.nn“I come!!” came back the clipped response, and the intimate contact collapsed as Galeandra’s consciousness dropped from Asarelah as suddenly as a door slammed firmly shut.nnGaleandra wasted not an instant arriving, and immediately stepped between Asarelah and the Paladin who’s hand was still reaching out to the Oracle, entreating Asarelah to come to him.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Galeandra

Postby Galeandra » Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:36 am

Blightwind,nnIt is with honor I value the words you have spoken with Asarelah and I hold with what I shall about to say to heart. nnAs Asarelah's Champion, I must challenge you to a duel. For I must know if the words you have spoken have truly come from your heart. As Champion I must know that you will never make her cry, that you'll always make her laugh, and that you'll protect her with your life. I must know that she will be loved not just as Oracle of Nyx but also as a companion you'll cherish for as long as Azeroth exists. Asarelah is our fearless leader, strong willed and determined to accomplish even the most impossible of tasks. She brings warmth for all, giving those in need a comforting home. She is the mother Lady Nyx has blessed to look after us. She is our queen.nnBut she is also a lady, and must be cared for. You must understand that she has needs and believe in what she can do. I want to know that you want to learn from her as much as she would want to learn from you.nnSo, Blightwind, I must challenge you. For the only way a Paladin shows his true self, is with the clashing of swords. Fight me, and defeat me. Show me that you're truly meant to be with Asarelah. Show me you are worthy to be by her side.nnI am Asarelah's Champion. Bound to protect her and all those she loves. I'm bound to protect Nyx. Only he who best me shall be strong enough to protect Asarelah.nn*Listen's to Blightwind's honorable response*nnThen follow me to Crystalsong Forest. It is there the battle shall commence..nn- To be cont.. -nn~ Galeandra ^_^

Blightwind

Postby Blightwind » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:47 pm

Full of steadfast determination, Blightwind unflinchingly stood his ground and looked Asarelah’s Champion straight in the eyes with glaring conviction.nn”Galeandra… I will have her, and make her mine, if I must spend the rest of my days making the attempt. Make no mistake about this. For I have loved Asarelah longer than I care to think about, and will do anything that I have to, to win her heart."n n"I do not care what force you raise against me, for I would lay down my life a thousand times over just to hear her laughter, or feel the touch of her hand in mine. And I would be content with simply that for all of time, if she does not grant me leave to court her; but instead, chooses me only as a Champion to stand with you before her,” Blightwind continued, with steel in his voice.nn"She may be a queen of Nyx. But I would make my lady my only Queen. Bring it !!”

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:31 am

Asarelah could do little more than stand, stunned, at the words of the Paladin squared off in front of her Champion. That her thoughts were in complete chaos, and she did not know what to say, or do, went without saying.nnThen the voices began... voices intimately attuned to her heart and sensing the maelstrom churning within her mind. And they ripped through the very core of her soul, reading all that she thought, and had heard; adding to the chaos within her. Shaking her head, she tried to make sense of the sendings….nn<Howling>n((takes control of the body of Silmeria))n“You know how I am going to react to this… “n*growling aggressively, with grave menace and no remorse*nn<Jeriden>n"This will kill me….nBut if he is sincere and your heart desires...."n*the Lord Vindicator's voice fades an instant, his mortal distress apparent*n"I will be your shield until the day I fail to draw breath,nand shall judge his intent and merit myself.nI come….”nn<Galeandra>n"Stand steady, my lady, and fear not.nNone shall touch you, save by your leave, while I stand."nnBy force of main will, the Oracle remained standing, listening to the voices with keen intent, and silently watching what would transpire…..

Edmund Burke

Nastrik
Friend
Friend

Postby Nastrik » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:27 pm

Silmeria Slept soundly, the same Silvermoon Inn she had grown up around had many things from her past, trinkets cluttered about her desk , heavy iron weapon racks lining the wall above it, polished with blood dried and Imbued just as her father had shown her how. Using this technique had earned her the call "Bloodash" , as with one particular weapon she had used to cut down many enemies , staining the blade red over and over again, the imbueing process had left its edge a deepened crimson shade, originally white ivory in color.nnThis night she tossed and turned, wrapping herself in the black and red blankets which were given to her by her father. The red having black runes stitched into the edges leaving a sinister looking sheet. The black a deep and dark fabric as night without a shed of moonlight. These blankets had helped Nastiarh keep Silmeria under control when she was younger by soothing her mind. unfortunately for her, the warm downs had no effect this night.nnShe awoke in a tussel of cold sweat and frantic panting breaths. Grabbing her head with both hands as if trying to stop it from exploding.nn"Nias...Howling!..STOP IT!" she cried out, hearing the inn keep run up the stairs and pound on her door his voice muffled over Howlings own inside her head. Every word his voice echo'd inside her own felt like a white hot flare going off, burning her very thoughts.nn"Let me out..Sister...Please....Asare...nn"QUIET!!" she yelled, Howlings voice obeyed, although listening to her thoughts as he still wanted to rush to Lah's side, waiting for his sisters words.nn"I went and stood by her side at the meeting. Like you asked of me, I have watched over her as YOU asked me...No more Nias! I will not be ordered around by my weaker younger brother! Scourge or not you are weak! She has not called for you in so long , has it not occurred to you? Your Dead to her!"nnHowling's presence slowly quieted from her minds eye. His desire withdrew itself from her limbs and thoughts. Her breathing began to slow, returning to normal, the pain in her head was gone. Barely could she feel her brother still weakly residing inside her soul. As she laid back down into the soft yet sinister looking sheets she looked up at the family portrait that had always been there, Zehl...Mother. Nastrik and Nias...My brothers...And finally, Nastiarh...Father. Silmeria noted how she looked exactly the same in the painting as she did now, remembering she simply had control over Nastiarh's frame, letting her personality, prowess and aura reign over it.nn"Mother...Even though you are gone...I'm glad Father did not chain you as he has his own children...This gift of Sharing his power, His spanning Lifeforce...Its a prison.."nnSilmeria shed a few tears and wiped them before putting her face into the pillow and crying herself to sleep.
"The Chooser of the Slain,"
"Battle Maiden" be her names,
Yet others has the valkyrie,
To those whose kin she claims.
To the widows and the orphans,
An Angel of Death is she,
The Thief of Their Beloved,
The Accursed Valkyrie.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:15 pm

Asarelah fell to her knees gasping for breath, when she sensed the presence of Howling withdraw completely from her mind, as Silmeria took firm control of the corporeal body of her siblings.nnHer mind continued to whirl in a malestrom of chaos, and now despair added to the onslaught. She lost control of her hearthstone and it was suddenly open and broadcasting her uppermost thoughts to those most close to her.nnStartled and concerned whispers assaulted her from all sides.....

Edmund Burke

Myyah
Nightwarder
Nightwarder

Postby Myyah » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:11 pm

The Ambassador looks at her hearthstone, listening closely to this conversation. nnTuning in to the Paladin, she says : nn"Blightwind, You sound very sincere in reaching to kiss our Queen's hand. You understand, that after Galeandra is through with you, you have me to speak with as well. nnI'm sure that you realize that your courtship of Asarelah would position you politically in a more advantageous one than you are now. Clearly hear me... if you court her for that purpose alone, I shall wear your fingers as a necklace, and your head will become a pendant for my Venomhide Raptor. nnI am looking very forward to speaking with you more, Sai. I truly hope that you understand that while my mother's demeanor is hardened, her heart is soft. I am watching very closely. nnI suggest a dinner, very soon , so that we may all meet you, and you us. "nnMyyah folds her hearthstone back into her pack, pats it twice and grins. Tears well in her eyes as she realizes that her mother is indeed lonely and more than deserves a man in her life. "Plots within Plots", she says to herself before nudging her Raptor to a trot towards Orgrimmar. "Plots within Plots".

Nightwarder of Growth & Nourishment

"The pendulum of the mind does not swing between right and wrong, but rather between sense and non-sense."
~C.G. Jung

Galeandra

Postby Galeandra » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Myyah,nnI thank you for hearing Asarelah's call. Indeed, Blightwind and I shall be heading to Crystalsong Forest to face off in a duel of duels. I formally request that you meet me there with Asarelah and witness these events. Afterward, you are free to take Blightwind and have a chat with him should he pass through me - something that will not be easy I guarantee!nnAs witness, I hope you bring your hearthstone and take snapshots of what shall transpire.nnBlightwind, I thank you for accepting my challenge. Off to Crystalsong Forest!nn~ Galeandra ^_^

Return to “Tavern of the Setting Sun”