Fire...

Welcome to the hearth of our common room! We'll share our ale if you'll share a story. Or perhaps a song or poem? Whatever takes your fancy will find a home here. ((Public forum readable by any visitor))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Tsurara

Fire...

Postby Tsurara » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:17 pm

As I sat, perched in the snow covered valley, I lay my head onto a small hill of powdered ice. I stared up into the sky at the dragons fighting amongst each other, wishing I had their strength. My scorchling had run off to probably go cause mischief, as he is so prone to doing. His demonic giggle although frightening, forces a smile to my face as I know he is about to commit some foolish act.nnJust the other day he thought it would be funny if he melted the mound of snow I was sitting on... As I slowly sank down to the ground I looked around only to find him burrowing a hole into it with his fiery spells. I stood and pointedly glared at him and then arose in loud laughter as a small river trickled down the hill I was sitting on at him. The little creature had melted the snow yes but in such a way that the runoff water ran right at him. As he scurried from it I could not help myself but roll around laughing. nnHe managed to escape his comeuppance and jumped onto my chest, he lay there for a moment before running off again. nnToday however, he is quiet, he seems rather concerned... odd, at least to me, for he is an elemental being. I know not what they have in the way of feelings but I can see some within him. nnJust as I stood up to go play with my pet puppy corehound, Thax, I heard a squawk behind me. I turned on my heel, daggers pulled from their sheath, glowing bright red. It was a beautiful white Hippogryph , its beak golden its wings clean and crisp. I of course was nervous, I am not one for birds, but I offered it my hand for sniffing. It approached me and sniffed my hand and reeled back as if I stank... Thanks...nnI searched my pockets for whatever it could possibly desire to eat and found some frozen berries I had picked earlier from a bush. I offered it some and it gently plucked them from my palm. I was very pleased at how docile this beast was. Kagi ( my Scorchlings name) came running back with a burning twig in his mouth....I laughed and watched as the Bird beast flew back off towards the sky.nnThe next day the great white bird showed up again in the exact same spot, and once again it entered into some odd courtship with me and my berries. After about a week or so it would come close enough for me to touch its soft feathers. nnThat night I had a friend of mine who was talented in the arcane portal me to orgrimmar where I scrambled to find a saddle that I could strap to the animal, hoping that I could fly it.nnThe very next day the Hippogryph returned, and I attempted to saddle it, the creature put up no fight and I hopped onto its back. I flew it around for awhile and it was like I was free, I flew it up to the dragons and just watched them, I had been closer then I could ever have imagined....That night I found myself sleeping, covered in a wing of my new friend, unaware of the jealousy that Kagi would be harboring inside.nnI awoke to a screech, and a giggle that was all to familiar. Kagi had enveloped the bird in a huge fireball. I screamed to the elemental to stop, and so he did. The charred remains of the bird lay there.... alive, but hurt, I rushed to its side and began rubbing fresh snow along its wounds trying to cool its body to stop the burning. nnI screamed to Kagi and cursed him for hurting the innocent creature. He hung his head low and moved to the beast, he held his hands up and a mystical flame rose from its body. The burns healed, the charring gone. its wings turned to a blackish purple, a beautiful yellow, purple design on its wings had formed. its tail aglow with flame and its hooves, fiery and red. The bird arose and acted as if it was no longer in any pain. I of course was now terrified, I have never seen Kagi do such a thing to any living creature, he brushed against my leg its fire leaving not even a mark, his way of showing he is sorry I suppose...nnI approached the now black Hippogryph and reached out to touch it, it lowered its head and thrust into my hand as if it wanted the attention. It was surprisingly cool to the touch, no heat... no burning...nnI mounted it, scared that I may burn in a fiery death, but trusting Kagi to not hurt me. Kagi jumped up onto the back of the Hippogryph and we flew off into the night. The creature was sweet and gentle.... and it had the most beautiful design of any Hippogryph I have ever seen.nnI decided to name it Winter as a sort of remembrance to its beautiful white feathers that it used to have. nnImagennThis is him.

Return to “Tavern of the Setting Sun”