darkest memories

Welcome to the hearth of our common room! We'll share our ale if you'll share a story. Or perhaps a song or poem? Whatever takes your fancy will find a home here. ((Public forum readable by any visitor))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Ellers

darkest memories

Postby Ellers » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:26 am

Ellers had no love for the Plaguelands, nor Tirisfal. While he was fiercely loyal to Lady Windrunner, he could not stand what she had become, and that maybe, he could had changed it. looking around at the tavern he sat in, with his companion, a fellow tribe member, he scowled in distaste at the obvious signs of the unrest amongst the undead. After the war with the Lich King, some of them had felt they had lost their meaning. He could sympathize, a dream was something that you worked towards but usually never achieved, and it kept you working. his dream had been to find Dalina, and then to avenge her. both fulfilled in a frighteningly short period, he had felt like he had no purpose left. It wasn't til a talk with a fellow Tribesmate, Tarja, had he realized there was more. Ellers sighed, looking at his companion, a hulking undead, as she played with an over-sized grub, squealing like a child. He chuckled at her childlike glee, then cleared his throat trying to get her attention. She turned her face to his, Dark leather straps mercifully covering the empty sockets her eyes had once housed.n"Why did you need me?" Ellers questioned, she had requested his aid the other day, saying only he would understand.n"Brawr want remember." She said thickly, pointing at her head. "Brawr no know what happen, but Brawr need remember."n"surely a preist or a Mage could help?" He said honestly, he knew little of how he could help this situation. "Perhaps Tarja, or even Trentis could assist you?"n"No. They not know not remember. You know pain. Help me not hurt" She said, emotion thick in the sentence, unseen tears shed. He turned from her, he did indeed know what it was like to forget. Not so long ago he had forgotten who he was, what he was, he had forgotten his heart.n"I know how you feel Brawr, but..." He trailed off. "I cannot help you..."n"Why? You good light guy. you know how make better!" Her voice was growing frantic now, "Brawr need remember.. please"n"Listen Brawr, My light is powerful, but I cannot undo what has been done to you. You need Tarja, not me." He leaned over, putting a hand on her shoulder. "I will talk to her, and Trentis. Trust me when I say I will do what I can."n"Promise?"n"I promise Brawr." he said pulling his massive blade to his side, "on my blade i swear it."nThe undead's erupted in a huge smile, a giggle escaping her throat. She jumped at Ellers, huggiing him tightly, had he been a physical weakling, like a mage or a warlock, she would have broken his ribs.n"But there is something you must know." He said looking at her, brushing a bit of blood stained hair out of her face, "sometimes it is better to forget what has happened, and be happy now."n"Me must know." the undead said, with dead seriousness, returning his look. "me must know..."nEllers pulled away from the undead's embrace and said his farewells. he turned and headed out of the inn, anxious to put as much distance betweem himself and this place as possible he concentrated on Tarja's bar, where his guildstone was bound to. Seeing it materialize he looked at Gravy, the old Troll bartender Tarja had hired.n"Is the lady out?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.n"Ja, she be leaving for da feast, And i not be knowing when she return."n"Then I will have to wait," he sighed and walked upstairs, collapsing in his hammock, suddenly feeling his many years.
"Its better to Die on your feet, than live on your knees"

Return to “Tavern of the Setting Sun”