Linkan

General announcements, RP discussions, discourse, and banter viewable by all

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Linkan

Postby Aitana » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:04 am

I am quoting what he posted in the officer forums with his permission. This is from Sunday morning, Sept. 15:

Linkan wrote:I have my heart thorn right now.

As some of you know, I work in an awfull place, however, I just can't quit it because of my wage, wich is very good. So I put up with an overworked envirioment, just for money...

But that isnt fulfulling. And my boss is a slave master. He does hold me in high regard and give some "extra love" if you compare the way he treats others, but I don't like unfairness... whenever I see him being "evil" to one of my co workers, that work as hard as me, my blood boils.

At Law School, I always dreamed about being a magistrate myself, but to do so, I'd need to undertake a test, that is absurdly hard. People that get approved study for 10 to 16 hours a days. While I study.... 1 or 2. Personally, since I already work as a "magistrate", I believe I have a little heads up. But still... I don't feel prepared to do that test.

I am focusing first on upgrading my status to another Court House (A federal one), where the wage is almost 5 times more and even though I'd still be overworked, the whole situation is different, they have all new, tables, computer, better building it is like moving from Brazil to USA.
But I am not studying enough for that, either!

When I am playing wow, I keep thinking I should be studying. When I am not playing wow, I keep thinking what can I do to improve our attendance to raids, how to handle guild issues...
See? My heart isn't either here or there. And where is my heart, that is where my treasure.

Playing wow is very involving for its playerbase. I keep thinking on my friends online, with special thoughts on barefoot/breitan and Aitana.

But I have to make a hard decision. Even if I love my friends, and I want to play WotlK, based on my prior experience, when it comes out, my wow playing time will be much higher due to all new stuff to see. And that will hurt my studies.

If I had the balls to stop playing wow 3 years ago, when I graduated, I'd probably be a magistrate now. I am 26, and If I study as I should now, who knows when I'm 30?
Not only my wage would jump from 3k to 18k, but I'd be doing what I love.

When I had my PC issue this week. I was "phisically" unable to play... or get online at all. And that kept me thinking about wow, and for my surprise, I manage to study much more.

Now that I'm back, I am thinking about all that again...

I gave some thoughts about and a I remembered about what Budah said:

"Meditation brings wisdowm, lack of meditation leads to ignorance. Know well what leads you fowards and what holds you back"

Therefore, I will cancel my account. and I will have to stay away from my computer to detoxiated.
I wont sell it though, and I hope I will remain strong enough to keep my heart in studies and not come back till I finally reach my objective.

Sorry, for this let down. I am really not willing to stop playing or talking to all of you. But I have to do this.

Aitana, this guild lies on you now, you are very balanced and stabilized already. I know you will do fine.

I am sorry.

From this morning in response to posts from other officers:
Linkan wrote:Thank you all. I already cancel my acc, saturday night actually, when I realized I couldnt focus anymore. Demote me or gkick, Aitana.
I hope I wont come back till I pursue my goals. If I do come back, it meant I was weak enough not to stay away from a game for a RL.

WoW isnt exactly a game. It is a social network, and missing you all... it really hurts. I don't know when I should be able to become a magistrate. All I know is that right now, I'm not prepared. I can't forsee it, sadly. But I know if I dedicate and study hard... who knows in a couple of years?

It would take 3 or 4 years of my youth... so I can be what I was meant to be. Judicial Jobs are for life-time in Brazil. My current one gives me already this sort of stability, I can't get fired, my wage can't decrease, I do have 45 days of paid vacation a year, an extra salary in december... now that I come to think of it... hmmm... NO I MUST EVOLVE AND BECOME A MAGISTRATE =)

You all can spread the news, or even re port my post with proper edditing if you see fit.

To keep our raids going, Kellana from Amicus are having a similar situation. They called most of their raids due to the proximity of WotlK, and we can work some sort of alliance.

The good thing is, it would be only a 40 days alliance.

I need to stay out of this game, and hopefully, I won't read about WotlK so I dont feel tempted to come back.

If you remove from the guild due to this obviously inactivity, no feelings hurt, because in the event of me returning to WoW, I will reapply and start over as ephemeral ^.^. But as said before, that only will happen if I fail in focus on studying OR if I become some sort of genious and become a magistrate next year.... what really shouldnt happen. It requires years of dedication. My friends that is almost become a Persecutor (sp?), she has been studying 5 hours a day, for the last 5 years. And now Im sure she is ready to become one.

I will end up leading raids anyways lol.

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Re: Linkan

Postby Aitana » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:26 am

Indeed these are very sad times for Nyx. Linkan has been a key member of our guild and our raid leader. He has been a friend for many of us. He will be very deeply missed.

But as much as we will miss Linkan, Nyx continues. No matter how important and valuable and beloved any individual is, nobody gets to be indispensable. Not Tomoyo, not Warburn, not Barefoot, not me, and not Linkan or any individual member. Nyx is greater than its individual members although each individual member makes part of the whole. While Linkan's departure is like a wound, it will heal. Nyx guild lore and RP does not depend on any one member. Our PvP continues unchanged since Linkan was not active in this area. It is currently evolving. We have members like Xerona, Nihilio, Bhootam and Leothiel, just to name a very few, that have been working on battleground groups, twinks, and arenas.

Our raiding will be affected by Linkan's departure, but it will continue as we develop new leadership. We already have Barefoot, Terpsicore, and Belfore as officers that can lead raids - I hope I'm not forgetting anybody. We also have at least 5 people I can think of that have shown promise as potential raid leaders. I don't have any illusions about the difficulty of the transition though. It will take time to work through this and we will probably wipe more than we should in some places as the person who ultimately becomes the new Nightwarder of Trials learns the role. We will need all of your patience as we work through this, but I am confident we will continue to progress through Burning Crusade content and then beyond after WotLK comes out.

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Musab
Friend
Friend

Postby Musab » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:57 pm

wow linkan...

i do wish the best for you my brother and i know you have the dedication to make your goals. even though nyx may mourn the loss of one of our leaders. we will never forget and will keep on fighting in your honor.
im musab!

Strauss

Postby Strauss » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:22 pm

best of luck brother...

Voltaere

Postby Voltaere » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:29 am

It takes courage to rearrange one's priorities - all too often we find ourselves too comfortable with not improving ourselves. Hats off to you Linkan - good luck in this most important quest.

Leilen

Postby Leilen » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:23 pm

I'm glad to have been under your service, Linkan; you will be missed.
Here's hoping your wish to become a magistrate is granted in the not too distant future, fareware for now and goodluck to you, our Nightwarder!
Catilyn "Blightwalker" Llandalor

Aelitya Windsorrow Macdonagh

Cebjyre
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Cebjyre » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:17 am

It sounds like you're making the right choice Linkan.

Thanks for your service to the guild, and best wishes for the future.

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:00 pm

I will miss you Linkan. Not as our raid leader, but as my friend.

I'm proud of you for taking this step. It's definitely a step towards accomplishing goals that will give you a better life.
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Garkantua
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Garkantua » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:47 am

Linkan, I have always looked to you for guidance when it was needed. You were always willing to help me too, Which meant a lot. I didn't think I really had what it took to become a Raider. That is until I was invited to a raid one evening and following the raid I received a whisper from you with a message that read "You did a good job, I see great potential in you". From there I grew stronger in my raiding adventures. Not only did you help me with raids but a number of other things as well. When I started to drift from the game to take care of real life issues you understood, and when I returned after a short break you happily greeted me back. This shows to me that Nyx leaders do actually care about all of there guild member and will go that extra step to make sure that they are taken into consideration equally. Which is why in my opinion Nyx is the strongest guild around and has been my favorite of all time. You are a great leader and a great person. You will do an excellent job in your adventures to come. I am glad that there are people like you out there, I know that others in the real world will receive the same guidance from you as i did in the game. You have influenced many of us through out your time playing and we are all grateful for that. I hope to see you back sometime in the future after you have achieved your dreams. Carry on friend and good luck.

Taelian

Return to “The Sanctuary (Public)”