Guild members that disrupt RP events

General announcements, RP discussions, discourse, and banter viewable by all

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Guild members that disrupt RP events

Postby Aitana » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:13 pm

This past week Ulua held an event to bring Theotaz back into the guild. We had something happen that has never happened before and I was shocked. A member slapped MssNyx and was generally disruptive in an RP event. I debated about kicking that person on the spot, but ended up going with just talking to her. As I think about it, that was a mistake. My greatest shortcoming as a leader is being too nice, and that person is still in Nyx.nnThis is a warning. If anything like that ever happens again, I will kick the person on the spot with no questions asked. Lady Nyx is our figurehead and it makes no sense to keep somebody that has sworn loyalty to her in the guild if they cannot respect her. nnFurthermore, if it ever comes up where somebody disrupts an RP event with doing inappropriate behavior like /dance or /train at a serious event, that will result in an immediate /gkick on the spot without a warning.
Last edited by Asarelah on Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added the example of /train at a serious event

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Re: Guild members that disrupt RP events

Postby Asarelah » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:19 pm

*growls* nAgreed !!nn!! de guayo !!nNo Mercy !! No Prisoners !!nn*cracks knuckles*

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Agreed if anyone disrespects her it should be a yell from Miss Nyx and either an order to grovel and beg for forgiveness or a gkick.
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Thomasbecket

Postby Thomasbecket » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:40 pm

That's really ashame. Ultimately I applaud your patience Aitana but an immediate /gkick would not have been too harsh. This isn't EBOLA, it's Nyx.
<--- The original blood elf

Eyesore
Elder
Elder

Postby Eyesore » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:04 am

How to say this...nnIs "immediate" necessary? To be sure, such disrespect to Lady Nyx is totally unacceptable, and may warrant removal from Nyx. At a guild meeting several months ago, however, a guild member insulted Lady Nyx, and other than several peers expressing anger, I know of no action having been taken. Was there a reason? I don't know. What I do know from years of supervision, however, is that what seems outragious on the surface sometimes may have mitigating reasons that warrant alternative consequences. I think there should be room for consideration of reasons/alternatives unless it is clear no other response than "immediate" is appropriate. And, such reasons should be explored immediately. <<small grin>>.nnAnd just for the record, I don't think that I have been at any guild meeting where someone didn't /dance or /train. Distracting? Yes. Probable basis for a query/warning? Yes. But immediate explusion from the tribe? Not up to me, thankfully. I respect Lady Nyx and our leadership. Just thought there was room for thought on this.nnRespectfully,nnEyesore

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:50 am

Elder,nnBoth Aitana and I have counselled the particular "perp" this thread was resulting from yet a second time, last night, regarding another incident of abusive behavior to others. I did not immediately GKick this person at the time of the new incident, but told them that I wished to speak to them immediately following the raid that we were both in at the time.nnThis individual was given formal warning, last night, that this would be the last time that a verbal counselling session would be offered, and that being GKicked on the spot was a real possibility if the abusive behavior continued. (Strike Two)nnSo, No, we do not have the GKick button locked and loaded, with fingers poised above the trigger. But will not hesistate to use it IF the situation well and truly warrants it.nn/bows respectfully to the beloved Elder

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Galeandra

Postby Galeandra » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:34 pm

What baffles me is when certain individuals don't think twice before speaking. We are all humans behind a character and we all have feelings. How could one be so disrespectful without care? Treat others the way you want to be treated. It's as simple as that yet some just don't get it..nnIf someone doesn't believe in RP, first off, why in the world are they on Emerald Dream? This is a RP server, not a 'you can be RP so I can make fun of you server.' I expressed my concern in the Suggestions Board on the WoW forum and I can already see members of Nyx involved in that thread. There are serious changes in moderation needed for RP Realms and I fully agree with banning a player from playing on any RP realm should they choose to disrespect fellow RPers. There are plenty of realms who don't care for RP that would welcome their nonsense so, ultimately, they have no business being on a RP realm.nnYes, last night I too felt quite insulted from a comment that was made at me. So insulted I was ready to just leave the group because I don't like to put up with that sh$%. I didn't because I really like being part of Nyx and I know it was just one individual and not the group. Forgive me Lah, I was going to keep quiet about this and just file it but the whole issue with disrespect to RP is starting to get to me. We're a team folks so if one of us is simply trying to clarify our situation or asking what buff would be best to use, it's only to make sure the team is at it's best. We're all here to help one another and I'll be damned if I have to deal with fools who don't respect that. We're here to win right? nnRaiding isn't easy. And no group shall succeed when there's no respect for one another. Remember, we're a team. Please consider the importance of that.nnAnyway, I had to say my two cents. Last night really bothered me and I'm very thankful Lah was around to calm my nerves. In the end all worked out but please, don't mess with me. I don't take kindly to insults. I'm too old for that sh%$.nnLah, thank you for being you. You have a wonderful soul =)nn~ Galeandra ^_^

Marlonis

Postby Marlonis » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:12 am

To respond to Galeandra:nn((OOC))nnHey there. :)nnTo answer your RP issue I would have to say that RP is not for everyone, and some people join the RP server cause they have friend that are in it, so that might be why some people do not RP on the RP server, though I agree it is frustrating. I do heavy RP and will keep doing it for as long as I play MMO's. I played and still have active friends in EVe-Online and we RP'ed heavy, but people made fun of us all the time, but we just brushed it off. So, if someone is not RPing - brush them off and /ignore.nnAlso, for the issue we have at hand, I am not so sure what my point of view would be in this but I feel that if a person can not follow the genarl (and I mean this is the base for the guild) rules then they should be /gkick fast and now. Maybe I am to locked and loaded on this, but I am not here to baby and pamper an adult, but then again I am a bit to hard on those others sometimes. I am glad you two are at the wheel instead of me. :b
Imagination is more important than knowledge. - Albert Einstein

*Waves Fish*

Galeandra

Postby Galeandra » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:20 am

Marlonis wrote:To respond to Galeandra:nn((OOC))nnHey there. :)nnTo answer your RP issue I would have to say that RP is not for everyone, and some people join the RP server cause they have friend that are in it, so that might be why some people do not RP on the RP server, though I agree it is frustrating. I do heavy RP and will keep doing it for as long as I play MMO's. I played and still have active friends in EVe-Online and we RP'ed heavy, but people made fun of us all the time, but we just brushed it off. So, if someone is not RPing - brush them off and /ignore.nnAlso, for the issue we have at hand, I am not so sure what my point of view would be in this but I feel that if a person can not follow the genarl (and I mean this is the base for the guild) rules then they should be /gkick fast and now. Maybe I am to locked and loaded on this, but I am not here to baby and pamper an adult, but then again I am a bit to hard on those others sometimes. I am glad you two are at the wheel instead of me. :b
nnAgreed, RP isn't for everyone and I'm not here to force anyone to RP if they're on a RP realm. I just want those who don't RP to respect those that do since they clearly know the purpose of the realm they're playing in. Those who don't respect RP are the ones I want off the realm (I highly doubt those who make fun of RP are friends with RPers). Sure the /ignore does have it's merits but this is whole making fun of RP issue is only getting worse - at least to a point where /ignore is starting to become meaningless..

Talahzaram

Postby Talahzaram » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:37 am

Although I have not been officially invited into the guild so I hope I am not speaking too out of place, however I do feel the need to agree with the earlier idea of an immediate removal of those who cannot show even basic courtesy to their fellow guild members, much less the respect owed to Lady Nyx and what she represents to said guild members.nn I've had a friend in a guild before who could get on my nerves. It was a basic understanding between us, and among the other members, that I would /ignore the person until I felt we could talk and joke with no animosity. If it's simply the way the person talks to you, maybe this could work. But it's not as simple when others are interfering serious or delicate matters.
By the light of the Shining Abyss, let it be so.

Return to “The Sanctuary (Public)”