Guild members that disrupt RP events

General announcements, RP discussions, discourse, and banter viewable by all

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Bloodthin

Re: Guild members that disrupt RP events

Postby Bloodthin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:39 am

I say immeadiate g kick no questions asked ever. Bam gone there out of here faster then the rangers were out of the world series.

Kallokain

Postby Kallokain » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:25 am

Bloodthin wrote:I say immeadiate g kick no questions asked ever. Bam gone there out of here faster then the rangers were out of the world series.
nnI agree, but one thing.... I think we need to have this in big bright neon letters in the application that the guild is ICly based on the "worship" or "following" (whatever we want to call it) of Lady Nyx as supreme being/lady of glory/whatever, and that any behaviour in guild OOC or IC contrary to that is gkick.nnIf someone really wants in the guild but they just can't get into that aspect of the guild, they can at least respect the majority that does and not be rude about it.
if Quentin Tarantino did movies in the World of Warcraft...

Umbral Champion of War

Darkclouded

Postby Darkclouded » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:52 am

Kallokain wrote:
Bloodthin wrote:I say immeadiate g kick no questions asked ever. Bam gone there out of here faster then the rangers were out of the world series.
nnI agree, but one thing.... I think we need to have this in big bright neon letters in the application that the guild is ICly based on the "worship" or "following" (whatever we want to call it) of Lady Nyx as supreme being/lady of glory/whatever, and that any behaviour in guild OOC or IC contrary to that is gkick.nnIf someone really wants in the guild but they just can't get into that aspect of the guild, they can at least respect the majority that does and not be rude about it.
nWe already highlighted that fact for a while now. it used to be made EXTREMELY clear that if you were going to RP don't disrespect the lady nyx character or any RP event. and if you aren't going to RP don't disrespect the lady nyx character, any event, or active RPers. the problem is not everyone follows what they agree too or actively agrees with the things they have to say to get into the guild and will pretty much turn around whatever they are doing when they get in and we need to handle that.
Dies the beast.
Dies the king.
In fire's path, dies everything.
PS: Yes. You actually do have to run faster than the lion.

Theotaz

Postby Theotaz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:58 am

From Theotaz:nn I personally feel very badly about what happened. Even though I had nothing what so ever to do with said events other then being present. To the newer members of the guild.. Please please please donot ever do this sort of thing. This guild has been around since very neary the start of old vinilla WOW. It has had a phenominally long and turbulant history. There are few guilds on this server that are as old and long standing as NYX.. our perenial enemies Kingship of the East are still new kids on the block compared to us. Over the years I have seen the guild grow from literally about 3 dozen members when I joined to over 100 now..(How many do we have anyway.. lots seems far to meger a description!) Nyx is leterally a horde with in the horde .. I have no idea at this point HOW the officers of the legion keep up with it!!! Honest!nnWe now have the 3rd major expansion to the game in play...and millions of players world wide in an MMO that just will not quit. Who knows how long WOW will be around. There is really nothing to compare it to other then real world orginizations. And like such real world orginizations it has developed tradions, and in groups within the game a heritage. Nyx has a increadble heritage as a guild. Years of contiguaity. Of History, Of Lore, of Learning. Of creating, and of experience. AT this point I think I qualify as one of the Guild "old Guard" even if I'm not the most active of players. nnBe aware of what you have joined, and what you have agreed to take part in, this shared experience called Nyx. Miss Nyx/Lady Nyx, our mysterious leader is a convenient fiction who rules, and riegns over us all. By our lore she has directed a council of offficers to manage the day to day operations of the guild, of this guild which has one of the largest active memberships of any guild on any server. Weold ones are very imensly proud of what we have helped create, but as in all orginizations such as this its up to you younger newer members to carry forward the tradions of Nyx roleplay, and the continuing adventures of this guild. If your characters do not venerate the lady Nyx this is not the place for them and you need to find them a new home before your create harsh feeling. In lore the Lady Nyx herself has approved each and every one of you into the guild after being interviewd and vetted by the wards. Your characters should consider it a singular and unique honor to be counted a member of the guild. You as a player may not personally have THAT mch investment in it, but your character should, and should in all ways be roleplayed as such. We old Nyx'rs do see, and we do watch, and you bet we judge. We are all here to have fun, else why shell out for the games, and the monthly, and the perks, and the adds, and the pets ad the (fill in blank) !nnEnjoy the game,and enjoy the fellowship of your guild, but remember this is a role play guild first and foremost and always has been. Lets keep it wholy!nnJa Mon! Much Love!nTheotaz sends

Myyah
Nightwarder
Nightwarder

Postby Myyah » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:21 am

As to the number of members... we have somewhere near 240 accounts... nearly double that in toons. The system that tracks that is still bugged, so this is an estimate , but pretty close.

Nightwarder of Growth & Nourishment

"The pendulum of the mind does not swing between right and wrong, but rather between sense and non-sense."
~C.G. Jung

Gorehorn
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Gorehorn » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:57 am

Theo, is this referencing a new incedent or is this your recent awareness to an event from sometime ago?

Theotaz

Postby Theotaz » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Goremons! It's referencing the original subject and incedent that caused this topic. I was there.. And it was an utterly "WTF!!!" moment when it happened. It certainly bothered me at the time. It's quite old news at this point, but I saw the topic and felt I needed to put a say in on it. nnTheotaz sends

Dhaarga
Elder
Elder

Postby Dhaarga » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:31 am

Just wanted to add that I would like to echo Eyesore's comments and add a couple of thoughts.nnI do think a few chances are good form along with proper counseling but ultimately if they continue being quite rude, disrespectful and insulting to other players they should be /gkicked. nnHowever, to qualify my statement, rudeness and disrespect don't mean small arguments or disagreements and so on. These are normal and expected in any community and can be dealt with without intervention or with some mediation. What I mean by rudeness is something approaching frequently reoccurring aggression against others where you are certain the person is a royal jerk. This opinion of a royal jerk should not just be a few people's opinion but the consensual opinion of both those that generally agree with you and are likeminded and those that generally disagree with you and are "unlikeminded"; when different personality types all agree the person is a jerk it is fair to assume that person is a jerk and should be shown the exit.nnAs for new (and old) members, they should always remember there are real people with individual strengths and flaws behind each character. Respect their playstyle and treat them with politeness and consideration. Being nice and friendly and warm to others is a good thing. :)nnAlso as someone that has been in Nyx for about 3+ years now in a few different capacities, I wanted to say, with our flaws and our strengths I do like this guild very much and we do pretty well. I want to give a big virtual bear hug to Nyx. :) Thanks for being about; certainly has made WoW a lot more enjoyable for me.

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:42 am

((If Nova was there she would take up arms against any that insulted Lady Nyx. Whether Horde or Alliance as an Rper Nova would fight to the death to retain her honor. Is removing ones tabard to much a penalty for such an act? If your charectors were there would they fight against anyone that disrespected her? We must all be responsible for our actions because we all represent each other. Immediate guild kick I dont believe is to harsh, non rpers have many options on this server. The legacy of Nyx is a great one. People like this dilute it. IMO))

Return to “The Sanctuary (Public)”