WoW detox

General announcements, RP discussions, discourse, and banter viewable by all

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Lokistrazsza
Known Alliance
Known Alliance

Re: WoW detox

Postby Lokistrazsza » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:56 pm

Best way to detox IMO is to just up and stop raiding and just do PVP. It's fun and there's a lot less commitment involved. With that said, I just got into the beta.. So much for not playing for hours a day. lol
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I have no fear, for I am the meanest mother****er in the whole valley." - Gen. George S. Patton

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:48 pm

For_computer_addicts__like_me_.jpg
nSome of us are actually worse internet browser addicts than we are WoW addicts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Voltaere

Postby Voltaere » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:07 am

I am glad this was posted again. Whenever i have found myself becoming too involved, I just head over there and read a few pages.

Eione

Postby Eione » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:45 am

I think this girl missed the point...nn
HI everybody, just deleted my wow account completely.nits 5a.m and i woke up to play but then i saw this page and the things your saying made me realize this was wrong, I'm 15! I've been playing for 3 months i could been partying with friends! so i wanted to say thanks all of you for made me realize this.

Lucius

Postby Lucius » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:43 pm

I shudder to think how much time /played I have amongst all my alliance and horde toons since 2004, and time spent trolling the forums after it was announced in 2001. The opportunity cost seems great when taken as a mass of time that could have been spent along other avenues in life. But then I recall all the amazing experiences I have had in the game, the friends met and kept (some of my old alliance friends are coming to Orange County to attend my upcoming wedding all the way from new york and boston), and even all the money I have saved by only paying my $15/month for this much entertainment.nnYes, many people have addictive personalities, though I think given the alternative of what they can become addicted to, WoW is a much healthier path than drugs or alcohol. nnI will continue to make time to play this game, because I enjoy all that it offers. Though my hardcore raiding days might be over, I feel many more enjoyable days are on their way with this expansion, and being part of such a wonderful guild of people.
"The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn."
- Thrall

Split Personality... indeed.

Return to “The Sanctuary (Public)”