Welcome to the New Forums!

General announcements, RP discussions, discourse, and banter viewable by all

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Shixin
Elder
Elder

Welcome to the New Forums!

Postby Shixin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:50 pm

This marks one of the final steps in our transition to a new website. The final step will be Tomoyo upgrading the site software itself when he can find time, but that is a back-end change that shouldn't affect us much.nnSo, leave some feedback! Tell us how you like it. And if you hate it, you can always revert back to the old style yourself. Simply click on "User Control Panel" at the top right, go to "Board Preferences" in the left menu, and then under "My Board Style" select "WoWMaevahEmpire" from the drop down menu.nnIf anyone needs help, let us know!

Cobriana
Nightwarder
Nightwarder

Re: Welcome to the New Forums!

Postby Cobriana » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:14 pm

colors.. hard to read... ow..
Cobriana, Nightwarder - Ward of Trials

The Only Stupid Question is the one not asked!
RL > WoW

Shixin
Elder
Elder

Postby Shixin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:29 pm

Still tweaking it, just let us know what you don't like and we'll try to get it fixed.

Dracmorda

Postby Dracmorda » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:15 pm

I can't see anything new? I see the front page is different, but so far I haven't been able to see anything else other than that. Is it my browser or something?

Shixin
Elder
Elder

Postby Shixin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:39 pm

You probably just need to refresh your browser. nnOr maybe you have a different theme selected in your preferences, other than "default"?

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:51 pm

I couldn't see anything new because I had selected a theme other than the default. The new one is beautiful! The only problem I see with it is that it some of the old posts were set up for a dark background but this is a light colored one. Some people might prefer the dark colored theme where others will prefer the light colored one so a single change to the font colors in those posts won't necessarily fix one problem without creating a new one. We will have to think about how we want to address this problem.

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Wylair

Postby Wylair » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Cobriana wrote:colors.. hard to read... ow..
nnIf you're referring to the color of your username next to your posts then yes there's not enough contrast betwen the dark blue used and the black of the background. I'd suggest a pure blue #00Fnn
Aitana wrote:I couldn't see anything new because I had selected a theme other than the default. The new one is beautiful! The only problem I see with it is that it some of the old posts were set up for a dark background but this is a light colored one. Some people might prefer the dark colored theme where others will prefer the light colored one so a single change to the font colors in those posts won't necessarily fix one problem without creating a new one. We will have to think about how we want to address this problem.
nnOh yep, I see the new theme. I never manually selected a theme, admin might need to do a force change for all users using the old theme to the new theme. Not sure if this forum software allows that, but it should if it's any good.nnIf not you can always edit the database manually, tread carefully there though.

Dracmorda

Postby Dracmorda » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:33 pm

Ok so under board preferences I see about seven options- which one do I choose?nAlso, how can we ensure that everyone is seeing the same thing? I never manually chose anything beyond the default settings and I can't see any of the new designs.

Shixin
Elder
Elder

Postby Shixin » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:22 am

The new theme is called "3myl_parchemin" and is set as the default theme. I will check on a forced refresh in a minute. nnIf you prefer the dark board, please see my first post on how to set the board back to the old theme. Just keep in mind the color scheme is going to be set for a light board, so some of the text is going to be hard to see.nnAitana, we will have to directly edit important posts such as the Application. I don't think there's a global option for converting text color, except to remove that feature of the board.

Thulcondar

Postby Thulcondar » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:37 am

I like the look and feel of the place. Seems to work well with Firefox now.
Tcd

Return to “The Sanctuary (Public)”