Gorehorn's Farewell

General announcements, RP discussions, discourse, and banter viewable by all

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Gorehorn
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Gorehorn's Farewell

Postby Gorehorn » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:45 pm

As the sun rises on the dawn of change in Nyx, so must it also set on aspects of its old age. I have been a representative of that age for 3 and a half years and see the sun setting on my tenure.nnMy time in Nyx has been among the most fulfilling and important times of my entire gaming career and I have built friendships that will last perhaps the rest of my life. There is no level of measure than can accurately state the sheer volume of respect that I have for this wonderful group of people. There are many in Nyx that have joined in the last year or so that have little or no idea who I am and this is just fine. Ever accused of underestimating my own value by the Oracles, I see no reason not to continue to do so here.nnOver the last year my presence in Nyx has been less than noticeable as I undertook a quest to grow more ‘open air’ RP on the server. I expanded out with my various (and numerous) alts and joined or created multiple pure RP guilds. Although it has been ridiculously taxing on me, I actually RP’ed with hundreds of people, including many Nyxers, without anyone ever knowing I was in Nyx. I found it to be very informational not only on what RP exists “out there” but a street view of the perception of Nyx. Who stirs the pot against it, and who might not represent it as well as they think they do. nnAll my works and passion in this effort has seen great growth in the overall RP picture in our realm, for which I claim absolutely no credit. This server is full of wonderful RP’ers that sadly get distracted by guild tags nearly as much as by arenas, raiding or drama. In the end, even as I saw RP growing on Emerald Dream, the conversion of Nyx to an RP guild that does everything , has transformed instead into a casual guild that does everything AND has some spectacular RP’ers who host events. nnMy dear friends I am tired. I have exhausted my energy in the effort to rebuild RP on the server and I am not prepared to wage any civil battles within the guild I love to move to one direction or the other in the game. Nyx is what Nyxers want it to be, and there is nothing at all wrong with that. It is still one of the oldest, biggest, and most talented guilds to ever grace this server and I have absolute faith that it will continue to be so, regardless of what directional changes it may take. nnAnd so, I am retiring Gorehorn (for the final time) and moving my playing time over to a small RP guild. My respect and love for this family can not be diminished and will not be so in my distance. I will see you out and about, my friends, and my new face and name will be easily found. Here I was Elder Gorehorn , the Old Bull. In the world, I will be found as Apawiwahacan, foot soldier and marine of the Gor’Watha Warband. Visit me often. I will do the same.nnGorehorn

Cobriana
Nightwarder
Nightwarder

Re: Gorehorn's Farewell

Postby Cobriana » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Gorehorn - many hugs and Salutes and honor to you my friend. We are still here for you! nnGood luck on your journey
Cobriana, Nightwarder - Ward of Trials

The Only Stupid Question is the one not asked!
RL > WoW

Ulua
Nightwarder
Nightwarder

Postby Ulua » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:19 pm

Your Council will be sorely missed Old Bull.

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:53 pm

I will miss having you in Nyx, but I know where to find you!

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Myyah
Nightwarder
Nightwarder

Postby Myyah » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:09 pm

*waves, looking on with sadness*

Nightwarder of Growth & Nourishment

"The pendulum of the mind does not swing between right and wrong, but rather between sense and non-sense."
~C.G. Jung

Kallokain

Postby Kallokain » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:57 am

It has been a pleasure and honor.nnThere would be no other RP guild I would join myself that I know of other than Gorwatha should I be forced to not be in Nyx.nnTake care, see you around!
if Quentin Tarantino did movies in the World of Warcraft...

Umbral Champion of War

Thulcondar

Postby Thulcondar » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:36 am

Happy Trails!
Tcd

Shixin
Elder
Elder

Postby Shixin » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:33 am

A sad day for Nyx... You'll be missed man. There are many who consider you one of the better voices of reason for this guild.nnGor'Watha should be proud to have you!

Thulcondar

Postby Thulcondar » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:24 am

Are there any voices of reason left? ;-)
Tcd

Loilaton

Postby Loilaton » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:50 pm

Thulcondar wrote:Are there any voices of reason left? ;-)
nSanity's overrated ;D
Mages are like dwarfs. Drink, fight, repeat.

Return to “The Sanctuary (Public)”