Eratia - Mage - 85

((December 14, 2010: To find out more about us, please read our guild charter. RECRUITMENT IS OPEN! We are recruiting all classes for raiding, PvP, and RP. Our raiding is also in need of geared tanks and geared healers. The application form and directions can be found here. ))

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Eratia

Eratia - Mage - 85

Postby Eratia » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:24 pm

"Who comes before us?" nnEratia. I am Forsaken. nn"How many seasons have you trained? 60 Seasons ? 70 Seasons ? 80 ? "nnI have weathered 85 seasons with the Horde, and before that...nnn"What is your chosen class of vocation? Be you a druid? A rogue? What !? " nnI am an accomplished Mage, recognized by the Kirin Tor. nnn"What is your specialty within this class ? Feral ? Survival ? Arms? Answer! " nnI have magical domination over the realms of Fire and Frost.nnn"What makes you think you will be a good servant for the Lady Nyx?"nnI am a competent fighter, as many a Horde General or Defilers comrade will tell you. More importantly, however, I have... seen things. I know, as much as any mortal can, of the dark things that stir beneath the earth. I have heard the old whisperings. I know of the Hammer, and how it is poised to drive the final nail into our worldly coffin. This world may no longer welcome me, but I have escaped one grave already--I did not survive this long to be swallowed by the earth. I am willing to fight for you, against a common foe. That is all.nnn______________________________________________________________________________________________________ nnDo you have the recentmost expansion ? nnYesnnDo you have an authenticator ? nnNonnDoes your character have any special characters in his name ? If so , please list which character is special and the corresponding alt key code. nnNonnnHow do you say your name phonetically (such as Myyah = *MY - uh* or Izazel = *is - ZAY -zil * ) ? nneh-RAY-she-uhnnnYOUR PAST nnnHave you come to us from another server ? If so, which one?nnI have a level 72 human paladin on Gorgonnash.nnnHave you ever been part of the Alliance? If so, what brings you to the Horde? nnI prefer the Horde's races and lore, but played Alliance on Gorgonnash because of friends.nnnHave you ever changed your character's name? nnNonnnWhat previous guild(s) have you belonged to, and what was your reason for leaving each of them?nnBefore Cataclysm, I always played guildless or in small joke guilds with my friends. Here on Emerald Dream, I leveled in the guilds Phish and Shattered Boat, both of which disgust me. I'm relatively pissed at Blizzard for tying an experience gain to guilds.nnnWho from this previous guild could we contact for a reference? Who was the GM of that guild ? nnOn principle, I don't interact with people in my current guild. I think the current GM is a guy named "Wheredaherb", who I've for violating the roleplay server naming policy. nnnWhat sort of reference do you think your previous GM or officers would give you if we were to ask them about you ?nnI don't really have any references as I've never had a close relationship with guild officers of any sort, or a max level character. They would probably remember me as a leveling ret paladin. In my current guild, the only thing I contribute is the odd snarky comment, so they would probably tell you about that.nnnAs an RP guild we would like to be sure you would fit in and participate in the world we create. What is your past level nof RP in game, and how do you see that, if at all, changing once you join Nyx? nnTo tell the truth, I've roleplayed very little in World of Warcraft. Good roleplayers are increasingly hard to find, especially on Horde. I do have extensive roleplaying experience, primarily in Source mods (the Half-Life 2 engine). Nyx represents an opportunity to be in character for more than just chance Wyvern's Tail encounters.nnnYOUR PRESENT nnWhat sort of guild are you looking for? nnI'm looking for a guild that is interested in PvE progression, with communicative and energetic groups. I'm interested in finding a pool of players to do arena and rated battlegrounds with, and I'm looking to find other roleplayers. nnnHow Did You Hear About Nyx?nnI got a referral from a random player in trade chat when I asked about roleplay guilds on this server. He wasn't even a member of the guild.nnnDo you know anyone in Nyx that could be a sponsor for you ? nnI roleplayed once with Ianodil, who is a member of your guild. It was just a brief conversation in the Wyvern's tail, when he was the head of another roleplaying guild. He extended an offer to my character and her companions Mortius and Sneeto (now deceased). He probably doesn't even remember this.nnnWhat would you bring to Nyx?nnI would like be a helpful and skillful member of a community, rather than a name on a 200+ roster that exists solely for guildlevel benefits. In PVE, I bring an understanding of my class, a willingness to learn new encounters and communicate actively with the party. In PVP, I bring Ice Lance spam. In Roleplay, I bring a focused character, extensive experience, sardonic undead wit and fast fingers. nnnDo you consider this character your main ? If not, what is the name of your main, what guild is he/she in , and what faction do they serve ? nnEratia is my main.nnnWhat are your usual Playing Times (be specific, especially if you are applying for the Ward of Trials and progression raiding)?nnAs of now, my playtimes are pretty sporadic. I am looking ahead to raiding, and would probably be comfortable playing on weekends or after 7 EST. nnnnYOUR FUTURE nnnnWhat immediate goals do you have for your character? nnOut of character, im looking to get some Heroic drops and some trinkets to replace old greens. I'm also working on Exalted status with Ramkahen. Is far as roleplay is concerned, im looking for encounters that will allow her to develop. I believe that extensive backstory can only do so much for a character, and that real development emerges from active roleplay.nnnWhat Ward do you see yourself applying for one day and why ? nnI'm interested in the Ward of Trials. Though I enjoy a combination of Roleplay, PvE and PvP, I think PvE progression requires tighter knit guild support and would like to focus on thatnnnAnything else that you could share about yourself that could give us an insight on who you are ?nnI'm an art major currently struggling with the question of monstrous school loans. I'm interested in WoW and roleplay from a social experiment perspective and a game design perspective.

Myyah
Nightwarder
Nightwarder

Re: Eratia - Mage - 85

Postby Myyah » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:57 am

Update 2, February, 2011n*******************nnImagenWelcome to the Nyxian Entry Hall!nnPetitions are reviewed at various times throughout the week. nnYou will not normally be contacted. Check back on your thread frequently for updates or new instructions.nnPHASE ONE OF FOUR [TO ACCOMPANY ALL APPLICATIONS]nnnThis application falls in to the following categories for consideration and will be investigated.n
Hall of Judgment as of 11, January 2011 wrote:nHall of Judgement n((August 28, 2010: To find out more about us, please read our guild charter. We have limited recruitment for level 85's interested in PvP and selected roles in raiding. The application form and directions can be found here. ))
nn1. Needed Class = (( Healer / Tank )) Frost / Frost Mage. Medium Need. nn3. Level 85 Characternnnn5. Sponsored (( officer's name that is sponsoring along with their sign off here on the app)) n
I roleplayed once with Ianodil, who is a member of your guild. It was just a brief conversation in the Wyvern's tail, when he was the head of another roleplaying guild. He extended an offer to my character and her companions Mortius and Sneeto (now deceased). He probably doesn't even remember this.n
nn6. High interest - OR - Potential in RPn
To tell the truth, I've roleplayed very little in World of Warcraft. Good roleplayers are increasingly hard to find, especially on Horde. I do have extensive roleplaying experience, primarily in Source mods (the Half-Life 2 engine). Nyx represents an opportunity to be in character for more than just chance Wyvern's Tail encounters.
nn7. Identify as Normal Process, Friend or Family App or Fast Track App Normal nn8. If their goal is to apply for Trials eventually, have officer of Trials attach Trials Addendum Worksheet.
I'm interested in the Ward of Trials. Though I enjoy a combination of Roleplay, PvE and PvP, I think PvE progression requires tighter knit guild support and would like to focus on that
nn9. Armory Linksnnhttp://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/eratia/simplennnPhase One shall proceed accordingly. nnAny Nyxian or person of interest that has positive or negative feedback on this application please add your comments to this thread.nnSUBJECT RESEARCHnEratianRace UndeadnClass MagenLevel 82nGuild Shattered BoatnServer Emerald DreamnBattlegroup ShadowburnnWarcraftRealms ID 134105639nFirst Seen Jan 02, 11nLast Seen Feb 10, 11nRecent BattlegroundsnArmory ProfilenAdd as FriendnSig MakernClaim CharnHistorynLevel Guild Daten82 Shattered Boat Feb 10, 11n81 Shattered Boat Feb 07, 11n77 Shattered Boat Feb 04, 11n76 Shattered Boat Feb 01, 11n74 Shattered Boat Jan 17, 11n71 Shattered Boat Jan 14, 11n70 Shattered Boat Jan 13, 11n68 Shattered Boat Jan 12, 11n66 Shattered Boat Jan 10, 11n62 Shattered Boat Jan 08, 11n60 Shattered Boat Jan 06, 11n46 Unguilded Jan 04, 11n29 Phish Jan 02, 11n* Unguilded entries could be bogus due to problems with the World of Warcraft client not always 100% of the time getting guild information from Blizzard's servers.nnnnnASSESSMENTnThe Assessment Phase of your Petition is Out of Character (OOC). We are looking for straight facts here please.nnn1. First off, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your application. Your genuine personality seems to show through . We readily invite genuine personalities. nnWith that said, you say :
Before Cataclysm, I always played guildless or in small joke guilds with my friends. Here on Emerald Dream, I leveled in the guilds Phish and Shattered Boat, both of which disgust me. I'm relatively pissed at Blizzard for tying an experience gain to guilds.
nn
On principle, I don't interact with people in my current guild. I think the current GM is a guy named "Wheredaherb", who I've for violating the roleplay server naming policy.
nnnThis could be taken two ways , depending on the reader. On one hand , it comes across as bitter, and may reveal a general distaste for any guild organization... coupled with the recognized need to endure them in order to accomplish personal goals. nnor.... this could mean you really have a bad taste in your mouth from Phish and Shattered Boat . I'm thinking Phish is one of those anti RP guilds if I remember correctly. nnPlease explain your comment further in your words. nnn2. Ianodil is honored amongst us. Please seek him out and ask him to say a word or two on your application, for all to see. nn3.
Do you have an authenticator ? nnNo
nnHighly consider getting one. If you have a smart phone, they have free apps now that will give you one. Nyx is a target in and out of the real world. You may find yourself a target for a hacker moreso once you join our ranks. If not, consider making your password more complex than it may already be.

Nightwarder of Growth & Nourishment

"The pendulum of the mind does not swing between right and wrong, but rather between sense and non-sense."
~C.G. Jung

Eratia

Postby Eratia » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:49 pm

I don't have any distate for guilds in general. WoW is essentially a cooperative game, and I'd rather play co-op games with people I can get to know. I've just had bad experiences in both guilds I've been a member of on Emerald Dream. I wasn't in Phish for very long; my friends and I only joined it because they automatically invited everyone in leveling areas. The inane, immature and homophobic content of their guild chat got on my nerves. Shattered Boat is slightly better, but bothers me for the same reasons. I had hoped that because they at least SORT of try to organize raids, we would be able to get decent groups for Heroics, but that has not been the case. Yet again I feel like I'm just putting up with sexist and homophobic comments all day purely for guild level benefits.

Kallokain

Postby Kallokain » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:15 am

Eratia wrote:Yet again I feel like I'm just putting up with sexist and homophobic comments all day purely for guild level benefits.
nnRest assured... behavior like that is NOT tolerated here.
if Quentin Tarantino did movies in the World of Warcraft...

Umbral Champion of War

Myyah
Nightwarder
Nightwarder

Postby Myyah » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:34 am

Indeed.. Kallokain's word ring true. I have a special dagger for those that utter such words. Be sure to read our Guild Charter about Conduct. You will have to read this before this application is through , so you may as well get started. nnhttp://thenyx.org/?page_id=15nnnand lest it be forgotten.. once again, please get Ianodil's sign off on your application.

Nightwarder of Growth & Nourishment

"The pendulum of the mind does not swing between right and wrong, but rather between sense and non-sense."
~C.G. Jung

Ianodil

Postby Ianodil » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:07 pm

-A small parchment is attached to this page in the Tome of Ephemerals-nnThe parchment reads...nnI noticed a new tab in the Tome of Ephemerals today that caught my eye; Eratia... A fellow mage I am pleased to recall. Ages back while I was away from Nyx and tending to my "endeavors" with New World Enterprise, I ran across this humble magi who was amongst other comrades. It was a for a brief moment that we exchanged, however it only took that instant to recognize the incredible diction and dedication to character this individual posed. I was... intrigued. We mutually sought terms with each other, however we had lost contact over time. And now, ever so fortunately has this sprout reappeared again to grace the world around her. I must also express my condolences to those two companions of hers who are no longer walking Azeroth; their charisma was efficient enough to invoke memory...nnAs per representing this magic imbued husk... I will gladly put my name and honor on her (No pun intended) application as a show of salute. I await your arrival into our fated ranks.nnFor the Maintenance of Integrity, Ianodil the Exalted
"Your words are visible to me... Speak wisely."

Return to “Hall of Judgement”