Do You Roleplay in a Roleplaying Guild?

Through this Portal, you enter the realm of the Order of Sages. Ward yourself accordingly!

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

How Many Nyxians Roleplay?

Heavy Roleplayer
41%
Medium Roleplayer
41%
Low Roleplayer
13%
Doesn't Roleplay
4%

Total votes: 46

Partedhair

Do You Roleplay in a Roleplaying Guild?

Postby Partedhair » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:20 pm

This poll is to indicate just how many people are heavy, medium or low roleplayers in Nyx. I feel the poll is crucial since I strongly disagree with how silly the roleplaying question on the Nyx application/recruitment process has become and feel that if the Gods cannot identify with those who roleplay in the guild as opposed to those who hardly, next to never or just want gear should be asked again.

Falthos
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Re: Do You Roleplay in a Roleplaying Guild?

Postby Falthos » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:51 pm

I'm more of a medium roleplayer. I'll roleplay in guild events and even in guild chat. If I see people stopped somewhere role playing I usually stop to RP with them. Though I do have my moments where I just don't feel like it or become preoccupied with something else.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Our Nyxian RP guidelines clearly state that each person is respected to RP to their own level of comfort. And each member will respect that level. It is not up to us to dictate anyone's RP style, or amount that they RP. So long as all are treated respectfully, there is no set guideline for standards. Nor has there ever been.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Partedhair

Postby Partedhair » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:52 pm

Changed the real posting of our conversation just in the knick of time, huh? Why don't you repost it so our viewers can find out why I left the guild in the first place?

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:56 pm

I do what I can to stay in character even in guild and party chats. I am taking a page out of Parted's book and sending /whispers in character.
Lord Leothiel Frosthawk, First of the Mageblood, Proud Lord to Lady Oneille, father and protector of Haeldrin and Islanna

Partedhair

Postby Partedhair » Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:48 pm

Do you as must Ambassador Leothiel. I appreciate your confidence and I'll follow you to death. It was never my intention to see that everyone be at my RP level. The poll was to find those that don't RP whatsoever and to protest the "How often do you RP?" question on the application. The poll was not intended to systematically disable the guild's capacaity to recruit newcomers or to twist information so that it points it's fingers at a particular problem. My opinion is an opinion of my own and I believed that the RP of the guild was suffering to the extent where everytime I Rp'ed, it was the equivalant of talking to myself in a mirror. But I am gone from the guild now so if this post has any meaning in the future, I was grateful to share my opinions with those eager to submit a vote or read about.

The eternal sun guides us.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:44 pm

Partedhair,

The only reason I edited my original post is because I believe it offended you. But I shall certainly re-post it here if that is your wish. I have no desire what so ever to hurt your feelings or upset you. It is posted in the Officer's forum, for the record, so I will be happy to move it back here if that is your desire.

And I did appologize to you already, for upsetting you with my statement of guild policy. Even though you did not answer me, I am sorry you feel that way.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Partedhair

Postby Partedhair » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:47 pm

I had no idea you apologized already. And I am sorry too for trying to make the guild not forget about roleplaying. My ward was Lore and I felt it crumbling and tried to protect it until ash.

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:45 am

Parted,
I think you are a great asset to the ward of Lore. And think you trying to help it stay alive and improve would be great... assuming you don't leave the guild.

Maybe organizing some RP events, inviting new members to kodo steak around the fire for some IC chit chat, would be more conducive to that cause.

If there is an app that you think shouldn't join, bring it up in the HoJ thread. If it bothers you so much that someone who has never RPed in game gets an invite. We have a few members that Nyx is their first WoW RP setting, but who have done plenty of pen and paper RPG in the past and who turn out great.

I hope you re-consider your departure my friend.

Respek!
-Warburn
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Myyah
Nightwarder
Nightwarder

Postby Myyah » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:03 pm

I RP at all times, unless I just absolutely have to speak OOC. I enjoy trying to come up with creative ways of announcing mundane facts ((e.g. instead of "gonna log, cya laters" .. I do " I am in need of rest from my battles, talk to you when the sun rises again")) I am an old time 1980's D&D'er , so when I found an RPPVP server, I dove in head first.

I am comfortable around others speaking OOC, but I try to influence them into RP'ing by example. I find that I'm successful much of the time.

I like the Nyx policy of allowing everyone to create at their own behest, and to each their own. (paraphrasing of course).

Myyah Atreydes

Nightwarder of Growth & Nourishment

"The pendulum of the mind does not swing between right and wrong, but rather between sense and non-sense."
~C.G. Jung

Return to “Ward of Lore”