Do You Roleplay in a Roleplaying Guild?

Through this Portal, you enter the realm of the Order of Sages. Ward yourself accordingly!

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

How Many Nyxians Roleplay?

Heavy Roleplayer
41%
Medium Roleplayer
41%
Low Roleplayer
13%
Doesn't Roleplay
4%

Total votes: 46

Dracmorda

Re: Do You Roleplay in a Roleplaying Guild?

Postby Dracmorda » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:06 pm

"I despise 'tavern RP' for the most part."n"Stay in your taverns at your leisure."nnUh... what? What does this have to do with Gchat?

Swanthula

Postby Swanthula » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:16 pm

So I've read through all the posts and links. There are a ton of varying opinions when it comes to IC G-chat and RP in general, but they all add up to one thing in my book: People have something to say about it..we're all reading these posts and are interested enough to respond.nI've only been in Nyx for about 2 weeks, but I've been RP'ing for a few years.nnI'm just going to skip trying to mince words, cut the crap and get right to it. Any mention of specific characters is not my attempt to call you out (play how you like) it's simply a way to back up what I'm trying to say and add to this discussion.nnI stay IC at all times. G-chat, /s, and /y. In party and raid it's OOC, and occasionally i throw in IC content while raiding and partying for flavor. I would love it if everyone stayed IC at all times (other than party and raid) Why? WOW is a fantasy game. We have factions, races, lore galore, Guild Lore, titles, A CONTEXT to put our characters, our personal creations into? Why bother calling me a "Shade" or Aitana an Oracle if we never get the chance to play with those stations and titles?nnI also HATE "sitting by the fire" RP..or as Tsaphaan had mentioned, "QQ in the INN" type RP. Fine if your character is a little emo, but i think it's so easy, boring, and a filler type mindless RP style. Just because you support IC G-Chat doesn't mean you want to sit in Silvermoon and play a harp crying about your parents and the centaur raid parties.nnTsaphaan took the time to write a couple of paragraphs about what a bad ass killer he is. I think many of us would know anything about him. Not about the troll charm, killing the Queen, anything. Why would we? How would we? Tsaphaan is completely flat to me becasue I hear nothing said in the voice of Tsaphaan. If you're a bad ass killer and have no time to lounge with the Elves in Silvermoon, there are a million different ways to convey those ideas and maybe even inspire some others to join your point of view and gather like minded warriors/killers around you to form a band of marauders. Why not?nnTo quote an old guild master of mine loosely: a lot of people think RP’ers are emo loving attention mongers who suck at PVP and PVE. But it’s my thought that those interested in RP are some of the most creative players any MMO has to offer. Creativity indicates intelligence. Intelligence is required for PVE planning and execution. RP’ers just need to apply that intelligence to other aspects of the game and they will become the best in those areas as well” I fully agree. Being creative with our characters, having them immersed in the world of Azeroth and building a tactile fabric of story and content to all interact with is my personal goal in the game.nnAlso when I joined Nyx, there was a section in the discussion about RP etiquette. It went something to the tune of “ Everyone has different styles of Rp, some more, some less. Lets respect those that are trying to RP and respect those that don’t. So far, this hasn’t been respected by some in my opinion. For example, as I sit and read, in G Chat, about people loots, politics, armor stats, and whatever else..I cringe. I think I cringe because I’m coming from a place where that type of stuff never happened. G-Chat was always, ALWAYS, IC. But I then exhale and realize I’m in a new place, a new guild and some adjusting will be natural. Respect those who don’t RP as much right?nOk so then the other day a Troll DK is coming back into Nyx. Ulua puts out the word, for those interested, a force was needed to bring a lost Nyxian back into the fold. “We ride to the Echo Isles”. 10 or so of Nyx tromping through Durotar to rescue a lost lamb. I was liking what was going on. We find him, break the spell of his loss of control..find Lady Nyx herself in a cave in the skin of a Troll..she speaks…explaining all that has happened and issuing ominous tones for the near future…then…….someone from Nyx decides to give Lady Nyx (the elusive, powerhouse of a figure the guild centeres around!!!!!!) a rude gesture…the RP goes on…then the same Nyx member runs up and plays that damned Harp and everyone starts dancing…straight through the RP! The moment and momentum was shattered for me. Was that “respect for those that do RP” I didn’t think so. And nothing was said, that I know of, and nothing was done..no ramifications. Nothing. At the very least I would have hoped there could be some level of inforcement and support for those who do love to RP. After all, Nyx has the reputation of being one of, if not , the best RP guild, horde side, on ED. Why not try and live up to that?nnAnd finally, the guildstone. I’ve never heard of telepathy. The way we’ve viewed the G-Stone in the past goes like this. It’s simple and allows for a multitude of interaction. It’s a stone each Guild member has on them. It’s attuned to the other guild stones. You can talk through it. You can see through it. You cannot touch or smell or sense anything other than sight and sound. It’s magic. Simple, and amazingly effective to allow comments and connectivity between members. Imagine Tsaphaans opportunity to describe the gore and destruction and glory as he slayed the Queen of the enemy. It would be an opportunity for him to embellish and expand on his characters identity and let us all share, visually, in the moment.nnnOk, I think I just needed to purge a lot of my thoughts about some of these subjects. Everything I’ve wrote set aside, Im actually pretty happy with Nyx. The people are great and that’s whats most important. I guess I just have a lot of feelings when it comes to the RP aspect of the game.
Bone Priestess of the Zandalari

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:54 pm

Swan, I too hate it when people consider solely emoting and dancing RP. nnAnd about someone making a rude gesture at Lady Nyx. I am not sure who was personifying her (it should only be the players behind the Oracles - Warburn, Aitana and Tomoyo) but I assure you had it been me - that player would have to grovel and beg or be gkicked... for RP reasons of course.nnRespek!
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:25 pm

Swan, I know exactly what you are talking about and I was a keystroke from kicking that person from the guild. Since she had once been a good guild member and has recently returned to the game, I opted to talk to her instead and she stopped. She got lucky that I was too nice. Nobody had better count on that in the future.

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Swanthula,nnThe individual that was being rude to MssNyx has been given their ONE warning. And if that person EVER does anything of that nature again, I will behead them myself.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Swanthula

Postby Swanthula » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:52 pm

Thank you for taking something I think a number of us care about and addressing it. Please understand I'm not pissed, or making some kind of stink hoping that that individual gets reprimanded. Not at all. Mostly I'm just trying to defend and protect an aspect of the game some of us love.nnNo worriesnnSwan

Lokistrazsza
Known Alliance
Known Alliance

Postby Lokistrazsza » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:44 pm

heheh.. *remembers when Howling used to brush up against Lady Nyx and fart loudly at almost every meeting he attended* good times
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I have no fear, for I am the meanest mother****er in the whole valley." - Gen. George S. Patton

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:57 pm

Lokistrazsza wrote:heheh.. *remembers when Howling used to brush up against Lady Nyx and fart loudly at almost every meeting he attended* good times
nnNo I don't. I remember her berating him for questing her once.nnDo you have anything constructive to add Loki?
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Swanthula

Postby Swanthula » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:57 am

Wow, Is it me or is that post just an attempt at getting a rise out of people and straight up disrespectful?nWell I can't say I've had the "pleasure" of meeting you Loki but it seems there's obviously no loss there. Didn't you say you were leaving?nnSwan

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:23 am

No offense taken, nor being given back here. This is just so that everyone knows why I will miss Loki so very much. Even though, at times, I have wanted to strangle him, and said so.nnLoki is trustworthy, steadfast and loyal. He never speaks anything that is not the absolute truth as he sees it. And he is passionate in his beliefs. IF you are fortunate enough to win his trust and friendship, there is no better friend. Anywhere. Ever.nnHe has been our resident voice of dissention, and listened to very carefully, for a very long time - even though he was never aware of this. He has kept me from making many mistakes, that I may have regretted, simply by making me examine what ever it was that was before me, with a different angle on the view.nnIF I say something is white, it does not matter how many shades of very very light grey it is, Loki will always say it is black. He has served a very valuable purpose in the Guild in that he has always kept us looking at things from both sides. Even if I did not admire him greatly and miss him as a person (in game and in reality), I would still miss the absence of his constant voice of opposition; which has added more clarity to guild affairs. nnLoki has served Lady Nyx in many ways that have all been very positive. But every guild needs this one negative heckling voice; that is brave and forthright enough to cry out no matter whose opinion it flies in the face of. It keeps the Officers on their toes. It keeps guild standards and policies stable and clearly reflecting the voice of the people. And he has been invaluable to Tribe Nyx if for no other reason, than for this reason alone.nnHe will be sorely missed - despite appearances. A great Knight has fallen. And I weep for the loss (seriously).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Return to “Ward of Lore”