General Lore disccusion/questions/comments

Through this Portal, you enter the realm of the Order of Sages. Ward yourself accordingly!

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Dracmorda

General Lore disccusion/questions/comments

Postby Dracmorda » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:04 pm

ImagennHave a suggestion, question, statement or want to just talk about random things pertaining to the Ward Of Lore? Feel free to do so below now!

Keldrath

Re: General Lore disccusion/questions/comments

Postby Keldrath » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:08 am

I was wondering if someone had a good source of information relating to the various dragonflights, Wowwiki doesn't have much info regarding this.nI was wondering specifically because I wanted to know what my "of the Nightfall" title reflects onto my character from a lore stand point.nI know that OOC it means I'm a l33t dps ;) nBut from a lore standpoint what exactly is it I've accomplished in earning the title.
Gnomes: Fit easily into most overhead storage compartments

Gorehorn
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Gorehorn » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Since this is really an open discussion thread, I would like to see some direction pointed out for our members on what Lady Nyx's goals are. We all swear to her and work to fulfil her desires in the world, but what does that mean to me? nnI joined Nyx a few years ago after <The Twilight Umbrage> was razed by the Black Dragon Flight in our persuits of putting down the ascension of the elder gods. It was told to us back then that she shared our cause. A clarification would be helpful. The Ward of Lore would appear to be the perfect place to outline these over arching positions.

Galeandra

Postby Galeandra » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:38 pm

I second Gorehorn's statement. Lady Nyx has yet to make an appearance this year and I feel she may be needed to help define Nyx's standards for RP and give us direction on where to go with the Lore.nnFor me, personally, I prefer RP that has purpose, direction, a reason of being. Sure I do like the occasional RP parties and such but we do need to take the guild as a whole toward an attainable goal that would honor Lady Nyx and fellow members of the Horde who appreciate our love for RP.nnI would also like to see Lore integrating with various raids to help bring the guild more in sync with what's going on in Azeroth. Who is this leader we're about to fight? Why are we fighting this leader? Why does this dungeon exist? To know the history of Ulduar is frankly provocative and would make our quest to defeat Yogg Saron that much more memorable. We could start with lower level 10/25 man dungeon that require only a few 80s to complete (so we're focusing more on RP and not on whether or not we'll die any sec) but is open to anyone interested in learning the history of that dungeon.nnGuess what I'm trying to get at is I'm hoping too see ways to also integrate Lore with any event that we do in Nyx. It helps set the mood, makes the event more fun, and even give purpose rather than just, 'Doing this to kill and get gear..'. Basically flood the guild with RP so that it's a solid foundation on what this guild is truly built on.nn~ Galeandra ^_^

Myyah
Nightwarder
Nightwarder

Postby Myyah » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:52 pm

*applauds* nnHai, I would certainly love to follow a Meta Story , if you will , to serve the Lady. I would love to attend any brainstorming activities, if you decide ! nn*bows*

Nightwarder of Growth & Nourishment

"The pendulum of the mind does not swing between right and wrong, but rather between sense and non-sense."
~C.G. Jung

Gorehorn
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Gorehorn » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:36 pm

I did not intend to suggest a course of action driving ALL RP in Nyx, but merely a reference point on a prticular topic. I am sure there are lots and lots of ideas in the guild as well as within the hearts and minds of the newest Lords of Lore. nnIt was my interest in finding reconection as much as anything else.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

ue

Postby Asarelah » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:34 pm

Keldrath wrote:KeldrathnPost subject: Re: General Lore disccusion/questions/commentsnPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:08 am nnI was wondering if someone had a good source of information relating to the various dragonflights, Wowwiki doesn't have much info regarding this.nI was wondering specifically because I wanted to know what my "of the Nightfall" title reflects onto my character from a lore stand point.
nnYou will find complete information about each Dragonflight in the tome entitled Legacy of Aspects which is involved in the Quest of Lore, and can be viewed as indicated below.nnGood reading !!nnhttp://www.wowhead.com/?item=5860nLegacy of the AspectsnQuest ItemnUniquenItem Level 1 n<Right Click to Read>

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Dracmorda

Postby Dracmorda » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Gorehorn wrote:Since this is really an open discussion thread, I would like to see some direction pointed out for our members on what Lady Nyx's goals are. We all swear to her and work to fulfil her desires in the world, but what does that mean to me? nnI joined Nyx a few years ago after <The Twilight Umbrage> was razed by the Black Dragon Flight in our persuits of putting down the ascension of the elder gods. It was told to us back then that she shared our cause. A clarification would be helpful. The Ward of Lore would appear to be the perfect place to outline these over arching positions.
nnThis will definitely be a goal for us to achieve in the near future, and thanks for bringing it up. Maybe what we can do is all meet and choose bullet points of interest from Nyx's past that can be compiled into a general "where we came from" and where we are now/where we are going" type of mission statement. We are taking our first baby steps now in actually relighting the torch of the ward and setting up a structure from which to build, but I do see this type of mission statement going public as necessary in the near future. It'll be a team effort because I know Nyx has a long, rich history!

Dracmorda

Postby Dracmorda » Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Galeandra wrote:I second Gorehorn's statement. Lady Nyx has yet to make an appearance this year and I feel she may be needed to help define Nyx's standards for RP and give us direction on where to go with the Lore.nnFor me, personally, I prefer RP that has purpose, direction, a reason of being. Sure I do like the occasional RP parties and such but we do need to take the guild as a whole toward an attainable goal that would honor Lady Nyx and fellow members of the Horde who appreciate our love for RP.nnI would also like to see Lore integrating with various raids to help bring the guild more in sync with what's going on in Azeroth. Who is this leader we're about to fight? Why are we fighting this leader? Why does this dungeon exist? To know the history of Ulduar is frankly provocative and would make our quest to defeat Yogg Saron that much more memorable. We could start with lower level 10/25 man dungeon that require only a few 80s to complete (so we're focusing more on RP and not on whether or not we'll die any sec) but is open to anyone interested in learning the history of that dungeon.nnGuess what I'm trying to get at is I'm hoping too see ways to also integrate Lore with any event that we do in Nyx. It helps set the mood, makes the event more fun, and even give purpose rather than just, 'Doing this to kill and get gear..'. Basically flood the guild with RP so that it's a solid foundation on what this guild is truly built on.nn~ Galeandra ^_^
nnThis is a great idea, Gale. Due to the restructuring of the raids at present I don't want to do anything to complicate the lives of the Ward of War further, but this is something we should put to vote once they get the new structure firmly in place. I think having a few members of the Ward of Lore as sort of "official historian/lore masters" that could give short presentations before raids where they inform the raiders of what they are about to attack and why is a good start. We need time to get up and running and so do they, but once things are solid we'll work on it.

Return to “Ward of Lore”