Gryphonheart Items and Reputation System

Through this Portal, you enter the realm of the Order of Sages. Ward yourself accordingly!

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Shixin
Elder
Elder

Gryphonheart Items and Reputation System

Postby Shixin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi folks,nnI don't know if you heard me talking about this before, but I wanted to post it here for your consideration and discussion. I've found a way, using a couple of very small addons, to give players reputation with the guild. Here, this should explain it all...nnImagennSo here's how it would work:nnStep 1. Each member of Nyx gets the Gryphonheart Addons.nStep 2. Anyone who is not part of the "Emerald Dream" just sees someone who is. They should autojoin the project. nStep 3. Control over the Nyx faction reputation goes to Aitana.nStep 4. Everyone starts at Neutral Rep. Aitana can manually set rep for individual members. Thereafter, each member can gain rep certificates (or coins, or w/e) from officers that grants them rep.nnnYou can base promotions off of rep points, recognize outstanding deeds by awarding them, and give people a real reason to work for the betterment of the guild! nnIt's been mentioned that the new guild system in Cata might do away with the need for this. If it does, well, so be it; all the more fun! But I haven't read a single thing about this specifically in any of the articles I've read on the new guild system. And the authors of these cool addons give no indication that they are going to stop working on them. In fact, they plan better expansions of it, such as being able to create in-game quests! nnAnd, at the very least, using GH Items addon will increase our range for RP. Imagine being able to pass around a Locket from the Lady Nyx that bestows the Blessing of Nyx buff (very real, I can make one easy)!! nnAnyway, I wanted to share this with you guys because I think it's a great system. Do with it what you will!

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Re: Guild Reputation System

Postby Aitana » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:52 pm

I think this would be a lot of fun! I wonder if we can make subfactions for each Ward too.

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:52 pm

Most delicious !!!nn :b

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Shixin
Elder
Elder

Postby Shixin » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:00 pm

I know that Pilus and crew (authors) are working on a sub-guild system. I'd say it will probably be finished in a few months (if you want more info on what these guys are doing, check out www.pilus.info. Everything you want to know about Gryphonheart is there)nnBut for now, you would just have different factions: Nyx, Ward of Lore etc, Assembly of War etc, other guilds... and so on.

Lokistrazsza
Known Alliance
Known Alliance

Postby Lokistrazsza » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:23 pm

LOLnn<-- 21000/21000 Hated with Ward of War
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I have no fear, for I am the meanest mother****er in the whole valley." - Gen. George S. Patton

Grethem

Postby Grethem » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:23 am

I like the idea of subfactions within Nyx, though there would be risks of official RP schisms (Not to say they don't already exist.) and plenty of them.

Shimmerwind

Postby Shimmerwind » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:29 pm

A neat idea and a clever addon, though in Cataclysm we'll be earning reputation with our guilds regardless as a part of the guild perks and guild leveling process, it will admittedly not be as RP-centric or cool.nnThe notion of subfactions sounds really interesting, as well. I think that could be a lot of fun. Clever idea. ^^

Vindicta
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Vindicta » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:42 pm

Lokistrazsza wrote:LOLnn<-- 21000/21000 Hated with Ward of War
nntry 0/0 apathetic, get 2v1d.nnedit: amazing idea!

Shixin
Elder
Elder

Postby Shixin » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:29 pm

Thanks! Would love to see some more discussion on this idea.nnAdded the wards:nImage

Kallokain

Postby Kallokain » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:07 pm

I've seen this addon before, but never used it. How much memory does it seem to use?
if Quentin Tarantino did movies in the World of Warcraft...

Umbral Champion of War

Return to “Ward of Lore”