Past RP identities of characters

Through this Portal, you enter the realm of the Order of Sages. Ward yourself accordingly!

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Darkclouded

Past RP identities of characters

Postby Darkclouded » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:23 pm

((posting this so a discussion in guild chat on the past of RPing some characters can be open to the public and so me and aleyrra can silently judge others' spelling :O))
Dies the beast.
Dies the king.
In fire's path, dies everything.
PS: Yes. You actually do have to run faster than the lion.

Darkclouded

Re: Past RP identities of characters

Postby Darkclouded » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:28 pm

((in the past with my main character, Dark, I have moved between a couple of servers. I didn't start to actually RP until the second one and when I did I didn't make much of a back story, just some basic details to make the character sound interesting. When I came to emerald dream and met up with nyx members for the first time I got a crash course in RP, god modding, mary sue type characters, and all the other goods and bads of RP and sat down to actually work on my character's backstory. something that's a bit different without going so over the top to say "I am now a half god half robotic dinosaur from the future who will shoot lasers out of my eyes". anyway that's about all I have on how I adapted to moving my character around across servers and managed to stay in RP. anyone else?))
Dies the beast.
Dies the king.
In fire's path, dies everything.
PS: Yes. You actually do have to run faster than the lion.

Aelyrra

Postby Aelyrra » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:40 pm

((Aelyrra will also be judging grammar and issuing grades. Contact Lah for a report card.))nn((I have roleplayed on a few different servers during my on-again, off-again (more off than on) time playing WoW. My favorites are Wrymrest Accord, Moonguard, and, of course, Emerald Dream. When I roleplay, I typically create a specific character for a given scenario. In the past, I have created characters to fill a specific role within a guild. Recently, I discovered when I faction changed my characters from Alliance to Horde, I discovered that I am somewhat emotionally attached to the characters I had created. It is difficult to imagine Aelyrra as a blood elf with a much more hardened outlook, or Aliyne as flirtatious and warm, when she was so inherently flawed before. Do you find it difficult to recreate story lines for transferred characters - if so, how do you overcome this, and if not, why? ))

Swanthula

Postby Swanthula » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:49 pm

I had a Gnome mage for years. She was quirky, enigmatic and a tone of fun to play. Fast forward through several characters I made and time away from the game..I tried to go back to my gnome. I found I was attatched to the way she "used to be". I was trying to recapture something that was gone. I decided to let her live in my memory as a glorious creation that had an expiration date. I name changed and redesigned the character. At the same time, changing her to horde was not really an option. What could I deal with mentally picturing my gnome becoming? An Orc? I don't think so. I'll assume your Ally lock was a human thus making it an easier transition to imagine her as Blood Elf. That's really a tough one.nnHere's a tid bit an testament to de powa of de voodoo----Swan used to be a Dwarf!!! (insert Soap Opera music here)
Bone Priestess of the Zandalari

Eione

Postby Eione » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:29 pm

((Masara was formerly a draenei and rather than lose what little identity I had worked on with her when I was on Silver Hand I added a section to her backstory when I faction changed. Queue cheap Orb of Deception ripoff. Masara likes, or rather liked collecting pretty baubles, her friends went in together and unfortunately got ripped off by a goblin shyster. Her main purpose in life is to find the means of reversing the magic she is afflicted with and returning to her draenei form.nnBeing a draenei is why she also has no last name.))

Loilaton

Postby Loilaton » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:38 pm

((Loilaton is very loosely based on Ishammael, the Betrayer of Hope, Ba'alzamon, From the "Wheel of Time Series." ))
Mages are like dwarfs. Drink, fight, repeat.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:24 am

(( My old mage on Khaz Modan is going to make a cameo appearance in an upcoming story. I've cast him as an Arathi nationalist. ))
Lord Leothiel Frosthawk, First of the Mageblood, Proud Lord to Lady Oneille, father and protector of Haeldrin and Islanna

Return to “Ward of Lore”