Upcoming Event: Dead Man's Chest

Through this Portal, you enter the realm of the Order of Sages. Ward yourself accordingly!

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Thida

Upcoming Event: Dead Man's Chest

Postby Thida » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Avast! In one week, I will be running a guild-wide Murder Mystery game in Ratchet! If you aren't familiar with these, it is rather simple! You may pick a character from the list below, and you will receive information on them! This is the character you will be pretending to be! You will have secret goals as you interact with others in the group, but be careful who you trust! As you all work toward your personal goals, there will be a few key mysteries that all of the characters will be looking for the answers to... Like, Who killed Captain Flint?! Dress up in costumes! Use a funny accent! Have fun! Below is all the information you need to play! If you have a character on the list, post it here before someone else does! And don't worry about there not being enough... I have plenty more characters stored away in case we need them! I'll add more as we start running low. (Helps keep it more smooth) Also, please note, Gryphonheart Items will be a required addon for this event. You can download it here! http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... s/ghi.aspxnnThe SettingnAvast, me hearties! The two most fearsome pirate ships in Kalimdor,nthe Fury and the Scurvy Knave, have pitched up on the small island ofnSanto Oloroso – to avenge the murder of Captain Flint, or simply tontry and find his treasure?nThe pirates are not alone, though. Also on Santo Oloroso are the nativenTrolls, plus assorted miscellaneous persons including a Royal Navynofficer, a Silvermoon grandee and the local Governor and his daughter.nWhat are they doing there, and what do they want to get out of it?nWho killed the dreaded Captain Flint? And who will end up with hisnfabled treasure? Find out at A Dead Man's Chest.nnThe Cast ListnnWarchief's forcesn• Sir Percival Stanforth – the steadfast and rather stuffy Governor of Santo Oloroso (Kozaky)n• Elizabeth Stanforth – the Governor’s desirable (if demanding) elderndaughter (Uls)n• Captain Hal Overy – the stubborn and blunt Royal Navy Captain (Ellers)nnTroll nativesn• Hayapitl – the diplomatic Troll chiefn• Cassinga – the intimidating Troll shamann• Tokeleth – the chief’s headstrong daughtern• Madame Zuzu - Voodoo Lady (Kyeti)nnOthersn• Don Inigo de Velez y Contrera – the aristocratic andncondescending Sindorei noblemann• Salamanca – the Don’s cynical and easilynamused valetn• Bill Pistol – the marooned formernpirate, now as mad as a brush (Darkclouded)nnThe Scurvy Knaven• Captain ‘Black’ Jack McCracken – the dashing Captain of the Scurvy Knaven• Sawbones McGraw – the sarcastic but reliable ship’s doctorn• Quintus Swelter – the vain and sinister ship’s cook (Unihorngrim)n• Tom – the helpful young ship’s boynnThe Furyn• Captain ‘Saucy’ Nancy Martin – the bold and fiery Captain of the Fury n• Alice Tremain – the Fury’s shrewd and intellectual 1st Maten• Blaise Richelieu – the temperamental and passionate ship’s cooknnnnThe Rules:nnThe Host’s Word is Law: The Host is impartial. If you have a problem or want to donsomething unusual, see the Host. The Host’s power is absolute – and cannot be affected bynability cards!nnWinning and Losing: You can achieve most of your goals simply by talking to people. ThenHost will announce when the game is over. If you haven’t succeeded by that point – you’rentoo late! Be warned – not everyone here will want you to succeed!nnDoing Stuff: Ordinary actions are resolved by simply carrying them out. If you want tontry something unusual (such as swing from a palm tree), see the Host. The Host knowsneverything – and will be able to tell you the outcome of whatever it is that you are tryingnto do. (For example, the palm trees may be too high to reach.) Do use your imagination,nthough! – this is a very flexible game, and you can do all sorts of things beyond what’s listednin these rules.nnFighting: Pirates are nasty and brutish folk! Your character may wish to come to blows withnany of the other characters. Should you wish to do something along these lines though, don’tnjust dive in! See the Host first and tell them what you plan to do so they can oversee andngive you more detailed rules if it’s necessary.nnLeaving the island: Santo Oloroso is in the middle of the ocean, and the surrounding watersnare swarming with sharks. You are therefore advised not to attempt leaving the island duringnthe course of the evening.nnItem Cards: Any items of importance within the game are represented as item cards – andnthe only items that can affect the game are those detailed on the cards. If you do not have annitem card, you do not have that item with you.nnTime: A Dead Man’s Chest is played over three hours, with extra time for reading yourncharacter etc. There will be breaks to get drinks and food! The Host will tell you when eachnperiod starts and finishes.
Last edited by Thida on Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:36 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ellers

Re: Upcoming Event: Dead Man's Chest

Postby Ellers » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Captain Hal Overy nnnDIBS!
"Its better to Die on your feet, than live on your knees"

Kyeti

Postby Kyeti » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:38 pm

Ohh, I've set up and run murder mysteries with my Anime Club at school. Boatloads of fun!nnSign me up for...hmm...Madame Zuzu!

Darkclouded

Postby Darkclouded » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:25 pm

I volunteer for a role someone else doesn't take after everyone has roles!
Dies the beast.
Dies the king.
In fire's path, dies everything.
PS: Yes. You actually do have to run faster than the lion.

Thida

Postby Thida » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:32 pm

Play Bill Pistol, Dark. I highly recommend him for you.

Tarja

Postby Tarja » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:53 am

*Captain ‘Saucy’ Nancy Martin – the bold and fiery Captain of the FurynnnZaya! She'd make a "saucy" pirate.
UC of G&N
Watchdogs have never looked this good before.

Ulua
Nightwarder
Nightwarder

Postby Ulua » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Uls would like to be the captains daughter if can :)

Kozaky
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Kozaky » Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Sir Percival Stanforth sounds good to me!

Return to “Ward of Lore”