Upcoming Event: The Great Race

Through this Portal, you enter the realm of the Order of Sages. Ward yourself accordingly!

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Desias Stormfalcon

Upcoming Event: The Great Race

Postby Desias Stormfalcon » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Lok'tar, tribe! Any member of Nyx should know their way around Azeroth, especially that of the enemy's "territory", hence Kingship of the East. There will come many moments when one has to rely on only their ground mounts to escape or reach a destination, but cutting corners and finding shortcuts no matter how small can make the biggest difference. nnThus, a great race shall be held to see which tribesmen can hold their ground the best. The race will be simple: Race from the Gates of Silvermoon to the end of the tunnel leading to Booty Bay where we will celebrate the accomplishment with drinks in the tavern!nnThe rules for this race are as follows:nn-All participants must be able to ride any mount of their choice at 100% speednn-All participants must have EXACTLY 100% mount speed. This means no Crusader Aura or Unholy Presence. If you have any speed increasing talents, please change into a spec that doesn't hold said effect.nn-A number of volunteers will take to the sky as officials for the race where they will wait at the border of the Ghostlands and Eastern Plaguelands. They will be constantly targeting everyone to make sure all the rules are being followed, via making sure no one is sneaking in a Crudader Aura or Unholy Presence. These volunteers will also act as guards against any alliance who choose to attack any of the racers and keep them at bay.nn-Should one of the racers fall victim to the alliance and die, the race will be called to a halt and all racers will be asked to meet at the border of the next region where we will regroup and resume the race.nn-Participants with multi-passenger mounts are allowed to use them to carry any other racers as a small team should you wish to split the prize amongst each other or help each other decide which path to take.nn-A number of judges will be waiting at the end of the tunnel to Booty Bay where they will decide who the winner is, should two racers cross at the same time.nnThe Prize will be small, but will include the following:n1st Place = 500 goldn2nd Place = 250 goldn3rd Place = 50 goldnnHave your mounts ready at the Gates of Silvermoon on Saturday January 29th by 4:00 PM. nnGlory to the Dark Lady!
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nahl fhtagn.

Wylair

Re: Upcoming Event: The Great Race

Postby Wylair » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:49 pm

Darn, something I've wanted to do for a long long time and it's that day I'm out of town.

Desias Stormfalcon

Postby Desias Stormfalcon » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:36 am

If worse comes to worse for many people, I can reschedule it.

Thulcondar

Postby Thulcondar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Great idea, Sleeper Cartel on Perenolde does this with lvl one toons. Lots of fun!
Tcd

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:47 pm

*checks his stable for the fastest hawkstrider*nnThe Sunreavers know how to breed fast hawkstriders. Count me in.nn(( Edit: Sorry, I misread the time. The day and time are bad for me ))
Lord Leothiel Frosthawk, First of the Mageblood, Proud Lord to Lady Oneille, father and protector of Haeldrin and Islanna

Desias Stormfalcon

Postby Desias Stormfalcon » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:39 am

Due to lack of sign ups (but mostly very little of a plan set up on my end), I'm delaying the race until I can find some volunteers to help me out.

Return to “Ward of Lore”