Nyx Guild Lore

WoW Lore, Nyx Lore, Past Events, Fan Fiction and RP stories

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Re: Nyx Guild Lore

Postby Aitana » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm

WarburnnNightwardern nPostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 11:40 pm nnOOC:nnDang... Eyesore, I suck to have not replied for 2 months to this interesting and epic story you are weaving. The long-awaited revival of the Azshara project and Mokrah's trials into UC have reminded me of my tardiness in this matter.nnnYES your story works well! It's truely epic in it's relation to history, personalities and time defying love Very HappynI can't wait to read what you have come up with. How do you propose to incorporate Onyxia?nnThe following is pure brain storming ideas, which might totally not work out. I just wrote down ideas as they came to me:nOther parties that could be interesting to plug (here or in another era/part of her life) are Medivh/Karazan, or the forces of Illidan. I am rusty on the lore and by all means these unique personalities might be unrelated completely. I also might be wrong, and I will check into the matter, however doesn't Kael get in contact and i influenced by Illidan - possibly after his arrival in Outland.nnA final note. That this part of the story we will save until we come to Silvermoon City and it's surrounding area in search of more clues.nnI think we should come up with a connecting story. Maybe a simple dicovery of Elven carved statues of dragons found near tomes of research notes sealed in a chest that Lady Nyx salvaged from her father's lab, found somewhere in the Ghostlands or Sunstrider Isle.nnThoughts?nnAnd again, please forgive me for not replying sooner to what you clearly thought and worked alot on.

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:01 pm

WarburnnNightwardern nPostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:37 pm nnI am bumping this epic thread!nnAnd also want to describe the artifact we've been piecing together collectively. I want to sketch the item we agree upon.nnSince someone mentioned an orb, that can be the crown piece. Set in a pedistal made of 5 dragons (representing the aspects, there are only 5 right? or is it 6?) with their necks craned downwards kind of like a swan, facing outward, arranged symetrically in a hex shape.nnmaybe some of the dragon heads are broken and need to be found, or a gem on each head, or 2 for the eyes are also missing.nnWhat are you guys envisioning? What do you think of my idea?

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:03 pm

mytraelnDuskwatchernnn nPostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:30 am nnOOC: I did not see this post before!nnNice work.nnPrince Kael'thas was a lover of Nyx?nNyx = 10,000+ year oldnKael’thas = at most a few hundred years oldnJaina = 20+nArthas = 20+nnIt gives us reason to beat the crap out of Theramore. >>>>Love rival Jaina Proudmore. PVP.nn5 aspects (Malygos, Alexstraza, Nethlarion, Azurgos, Ysera)<Spelling errors abound.>nnThe pedestal makes sense, it was hidden away in the Black Obelisk of the Twilight Citadel by Silvermoon mages. The Black obelisk itself was ancient beyond measure and acted like a C&C Nod disruption tower. Back in the day it was Ying to Karazhan’s yang. Black and White towers. Karazhan housed rebel human sorcerer Medhiv, The Twilight Citadel housed the retired elf mages. Tirisfal, the place that Medhiv was the guardian of was also the location of the elf mages outpost. Medhiv became an eternal, perhaps Nyx wants to become on as well, using the podium, crownpiece and Sunwell. Kael’thas is attempting to reenergize the Sunwell using the manaforges. Looks like you have a reason to raid. RazznnHowever "the sliver" was intended to be something else. When Joined with the larger piece of the original artefact held by <NYX> it forms a part of the capstone/crown of the podium. However the sliver has been stolen…nnHow about the crownpiece was what lady NYX was using to commune with Onyxia?nAnd after we finish her adulthood will we get to do The Lady's 'steamy' adolescence?nnLet me try this letter Format:nn:OOC endnnEsteemed Colleagues,nnThank you again for your acceptance into your society. As a former mage of Silvermoon I am eager to expand my knowledge and explore the origins of your incorporeal dark lady, my kin, and her links to the destruction of the Twilight Citadel. Using my contacts here, I have spent the past few weeks in the Sunspire reading old letters and viewing recording globes looking for mention of the The Lady Nyx and the Twilight Citadel, I uncovered a letter that might be of interest. Funnily enough the mages here have made careful measures to erase any entries on these matters but I went through some old archives and found a few pieces. While the letter does not mention The Lady, it does speak of the peculiar black podium that my mentor used before he transfigured into pure flame. The podium of which I speak is of course safely secreted in the Nyx enclave. The letter I found is not more than 100 years old, written by one of the mages that ruled at the Twilight Citadel to a mage trainer in Silvermoon.nnRegards,nnM. FrostravennnnInethvennnHow dare you! For 5000 years the Twilight Citadel has stood undisturbed by the politics of the Convocation and Kirin’tor and you send the black podium to us now? Worst of all you have the boy, Kael'thas carry it in right before he begins his internship at Dalaran? The boy is impetuous and easily strayed by these liberal minded humans. Even if the eye of Dalaran was not firmly fixed in our direction half the time, a few mild drinks and the batting of a human eyelash will surely bring their merlins and mandrakes to our doors begging to inspect the podium.nnWhat fool idea has come into your 3 centuries young mind I cannot understand, but do not forget who you came to for training in arcane intellect rank 1 all those years ago. If the events with Aegwynn are anything to judge by, rash actions cannot be acceptable. Have you heard that she is now pregnant for a human conjurer? Scandalous and disturbing. Whatever Karazhan has planned, I warrant it is not good.nnThere are too many forces at work here in Tirisfal for you to bring this thing into our midst. We have not yet gauged the power of the black obelisk. While it hides our activities very well we cannot know if an item of such power can also be hidden in its veil. However, we will respect the judgement of Silvermoon for the time being.nnDo not despair my former student. The troll and demon invasions will break upon Silvermoon like waves on a rock, we urge you again to let the humans handle this matter. It is their prodigy’s mess, let them handle it. Stay the course, Inethven. For the Lights sake stay the course!nnnnKurlethiasnTwilight Templar

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:06 pm

WarburnnNightwardern nPostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:03 pm nPost subject: Lady Nyx - guild lore part 2nn((this is the first post in a new lore thread I would like to start. since this thread has too much planning posts I can't just move it over. I am thinking to quote Eyesore's letter, ro just have him reply with his letter. What comes after? We can discuss.... need to go to class Very Happy ))nnWarburn summoned his colleagues to the Nyx Library to discuss recent discoveries, and a new plan of action.nnThe sages, scribes and wise-men of Nyx have so far traced Lady Nyx's origin to be 10,000+ years old. A highborne, the caste of elves who nearly destroyed the world, when their queen Azshara and her closest advisor Xavius plotted to summon Sargaras to Azeroth. Queen Azshara believed the demon was a god who could help them purify the land and make it a paradise for her Highborne.nnLady Nyx, who's parents were dragon researchers, seems to have developed a friendship with the daughter of Neltharion- the Earthwarder. This was before the Earthwarder betrayed the dragon flights, destroyed the Blue Dragonflight and became feared around the world as Deathwing.nnLast week, Onyxia herself left her lair and led her brood to Tristfal to destroy the Twilight Citadel, causing massive wild fires in the Eastern Kingdoms northern forests. Eyesore, Our Umbral Champion followed some clues he had pieced together and got to the citadel in the nick of time. He not only saved an officer of the Twilight Umbrage, a cult devoted to the protection of the Twilight Citadel for centuries, but saved an artifact of extreme importance to the dragon world, and Lady Nyx herself.nnThis is why Warburn summoned his wise colleagues to the meeting.nnEyesore mon, did yooz bring dah lettah yooz told me about?nnEyesore's discovery of a possible relationship between Lady Nyx and Kael'thas was the most bizzare twist in the wise orc's research. He presented the letter to the group.nnDoes dis 'ave anyting to do wit dah artifact we found?nnEyesore: NegativennKael, as he's mentioned in the letter, is the prince that led the Elves of Quel'thas to Outland, but once there turned against his allies. He allied instead with the same demons who plotted the destruction of all life on Azeroth.nnnnTo be continued:

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:07 pm

mytraelnDuskwatchernn nPostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:21 am nnQuick corrections:nnTU was not a cult and we were not charged to protect the Citadel. I am sorry if you got that impression.nnWe were an agency and we were very secular and our main role was to stop cults and religious zealots and extreemists from proliferating and undertaking terrorist activity. So if "cult" can be changed to something else it would be nice.nnNo offense to cults if you or anybody are in one it was just never envisioned to be something that the TU was a part of. I am not just making this up either. It has been made very clear or what we were throught our website and mission statement.nnThe citadel was just a base of operations. While there were many artifacts of great wonder in the citadel there was nothing and no one more valuable or important than the community and mission.

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:08 pm

GrellixnNightwardern nPostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:41 pm nnMaster Myth'rael,nnIt is with great relief that my master, Bael'spar, et al, has been informed that your Twilight Umbrage has no cult bearings. Many things are amiss in this great world of Azeroth, and cults seem always to be at the bottom of them. He wishes me to express his joy that neither you, nor your associates are a cult.nnIt is also a shame that this missive will be only temporary in nature, for the Library is due for a serious cleaning. Likely, this little memo of little import will be seen as just that, and added to the pile of detritus to be burned upon cleanings end. Yet, I did not put pen to parchment to merely prattle on about the state of affairs within the bibliophilic realm.nnNow that I have had time to devote to things other than the glorification of my master, I have delved into the mysteries of Lady Nyx. I believe that I have turned up a few things, but I will save those for after the big tornado of cleansing that the library will be forced to endure.nnI wish to thank you, Masters Eyesore and Warburn. For without your dilligent efforts in bringing these things to light, then I would not have context for a few of my own meager discoveries. My sister also sends me word that there are stirrings about Zul'Aman. The trolls there are acting up. I shall likely travel there with a force that's looking to quell the uprising. For I feel that there may be more to this story therein.nnFor now, I must carefully remove all of the herbal lore section to a place where someone's pet is unlikely to take a nibble.nnServant, ScribenYaen'gohl Due'maes

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:45 pm

A few more links to the old forums:nnhttp://thenyx.org/oldforum/viewtopic.php?t=3541 - Warburn's announcement about the merger between Nyx and The Twilight Umbrage.nnhttp://thenyx.org/oldforum/viewtopic.php?t=2407 - Azshara excavation projectnnhttp://thenyx.org/oldforum/viewtopic.php?t=303 - Bael'spar speaks about the departure of Wakanda and Khallahnnhttp://thenyx.org/oldforum/viewtopic.php?t=2116 - the origins of <Nyx>nnAnd just for fun, some old news reports:nhttp://thenyx.org/oldforum/viewtopic.php?t=3556nhttp://z11.invisionfree.com/TwilightUmb ... owforum=11

Return to “Library of the Sages”