House Frosthawk Memoirs

WoW Lore, Nyx Lore, Past Events, Fan Fiction and RP stories

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

House Frosthawk Memoirs

Postby Leothiel » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:01 pm

(( Ever since the "After the Wedding" thread, I have been wanting to do this. This is closed RP ))nn*Kalimdor, before the Sundering*nnA kal'dorei craftsman looked on his twin daughters, both of whom were betrothed. He spent his late nights carving on wood for a special chest. The chest's nature started on the outside: The finished outside had carved naked kal'dorei figures. The inside was upholstered and cushioned. The upholstery was highly explicit in imagery. It was clear this chest was special. The craftsman presented the chest as a challenge: The first wedding to happen would pack the box with items they would use on their first night when they consummated their marriage and would be passed on to the first child to be married. Thereafter, the twin daughters received proposals from their suitors: The younger one would have the earlier wedding date. The elder twin would have her wedding one month following.nnTwo weeks before the wedding, the groom fled with another woman and the younger twin found herself heartbroken to the point where she would seclude herself in a library. The elder twin married one Haeldrin Moonfalcon and had the chest, which in turn passed on to the next generation.nn*5 years later, still before the Sundering*nn The couple, whose bore the surname of Moonfalcon, had been delving deep into the arcane. They found themselves falling ill from the exposure to the arcane magic. After all, they channeled the power of Elune with great purity. This magic just cost them their first child who was stillborn. Haeldrin Moonfalcon had enough of the Elunarite rule. Soon, he and his wife were delving into the magic of frost. "From now on, we will no longer channel the great power of Elune nor shall the falcon be a symbol of our house. We shall be known as Frosthawk for our attunement and for our defiance against the Elunite priesthood."
Lord Leothiel Frosthawk, First of the Mageblood, Proud Lord to Lady Oneille, father and protector of Haeldrin and Islanna

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Re: House Frosthawk Memoirs

Postby Leothiel » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 pm

*After the Sundering and the migration, from the journal of Haeldrin Frosthawk*nnWe have arrived on this new land in the east. My family and I are the only ones stabilizing from not indulging heavily in arcane magic. However, we are losing some of our coloring that identified us as children of the Moon. The world has been sundered. There is little left of me except my wife who is past her prime and our daughter. One of our sons is missing while the rest of our children are dead from delving too deep into the gift of Elune.nnNot all is sadness. Soon, my daughter shall be wed. I do not want to see my family name wiped off the face of the world, but it is inevitable. I can die soon knowing that my line will be continued.
Lord Leothiel Frosthawk, First of the Mageblood, Proud Lord to Lady Oneille, father and protector of Haeldrin and Islanna

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:38 pm

*~115 years before the opening of the Dark Portal*nnA messenger came up to her door. Her husband had been on patrol but had been missing for the last three days. A messenger at her door was not good news under those circumstances.nn"Mrs. Frosthawk,nnWe regret to inform you that your husband Thaelen was ambushed and captured by an Amani party while on patrol. We are unable to bring his remains to you as he was subject to the vile practices of a people worthy of extinction. The news of the ritual came from escapees who survived the ambush and were scheduled for sacrifice later."nnShe cried and felt the new life inside her When you are born, I will name you Thaelen after your father.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:03 am

*Background on Thaelen Frosthawk, Leothiel's father*nnThaelen Frosthawk grew up bearing the name of the very father who died before he was born. His mother re-married a few years later. At first the stepfather treated Thaelen like one of his own. It was when the first child between the mother and the stepfather was born that he started giving him less priority. When Thaelen became an adult, he was presented the signet ring of his late father. He left home to stake out his own place in the world.nnThaelen wanted to go into the armed service of Quel'thalas, but for generations, the Frosthawk house tradition stated that last born males may not enter such service. This was to protect the family name. After Thaelen was done with his schooling, he took up magic instruction and research. During this time, Thaelen held back an affliction that came to light when he was exposed to high doses of magic. Even though he would feel cleansed by the Sunwell, it would make his symptoms even worse.nn*~46 years before the opening of the Dark Portal, when Thaelen was 70 years old*nnFor the past few months, there was a certain priestess who stole Thaelen's eye. It started out with a glimpse, followed by an inquiry. The inquiry turned into letters, first as a secret admirer followed by revealing to this priestess who he was: Thaelen Frosthawk. It took weeks for him to finally approach this priestess, named Anaria Dawnstrider, and ask her on a date. She could say nothing except give a slight laugh almost as if she were a girl again. Thaelen went home despondent and felt humiliated.nnThe next morning, he found himself talking with an old friend. The friend said "You are at that point where although you have become fully grown and ascended, you are regarded as more of a plaything by women until you are married. I highly suggest you enjoy it while you can." Both men laughed. Thaelen spoke up "There's something about Anaria. I know I am a bit young to be married."nn"Even if she said 'yes' to meeting with you, she will stand you up expecting you to chase her. Good luck."nnThat afternoon, Thaelen caught Anaria while she was waiting for someone. He swallowed, mustered up his courage, and approached her. "Anaria... Anaria Dawnstrider?"nnAnaria cocked her eyes and asked "How did you know who I am?"nnThaelen replied shyly "I remember when I first set eyes on you, there was something about you. Then I started writing.. Will you.." Thaelen gave an awkward pause feeling like a schoolboy. "Will you join me... for... say... dinner tomorrow.. at the Red Hawk?" Anaria looked at Thaelen in surprise saying "You are the first man who's ever completed a sentence in asking me out. That won't go unrewarded. Yes." Thaelen had a look of satisfaction on his face. He was giddy to the point of no sleep that night as his mind was on this priestess who said "yes" to him.nnThe next day, Anaria told her friends about it. They asked "Are you joining us for a swim at Stillwater after your church duties?" Anaria laughed and said "Yes I am. If he's passionate about me, he will follow me there." Late that afternoon, Thaelen returned to his apartment in Silvermoon and changed into his best dress robes. He went to the Red Hawk at the appointed time. He waited for Anaria. He waited for what seemed like a long time then he heard some laughing outside. He recognized one of the laughs: It was Anaria as she was riding away with one of her friends. Thaelen left 10 silver on the table and left.nnHe followed one of her friends then turned off when he thought she saw him. It took him some time to catch up. As he approached the pond, he saw Anaria swimming. She said "I never thought you would find me here." Thaelen smiled and said "You never thought I would follow you. Shall I..?" he said making a motion to swim. When Anaria said "Please do," her friends pushed in right in to the pond then jumped in. One of them laughed and said "We could have waited until he was out of his robes but those are too nice." Thaelen tried swimming desperately but swimming with four naked women was something that kept him distracted. Anaria then whispered in his ear "Ask again some time."nnThat night, Thaelen went home soaked in his best robe. He would never forget that night. The following week, he asked Anaria out again. She also said "Yes" and was not expecting him to show up. That time he brought a picnic basket, blanket, some wine, and five glasses. He then went to the pond and set up. When Anaria and her friends arrived at the pond, they were surprised. One of them told her "This is your night with him, not us." That night, Thaelen and Anaria enjoyed an evening picnicking watching the sunset. The pond did not beckon either of them.nnThey were married about one year later.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:27 pm

*The night before Thaelen and Anaria's wedding*nnThaelen took the censer and incense given to him by the priest. Do not light it up until you are ready to sleep was the instruction given by the priest. After he lit up the incense, he could fell his mind racing. He thought about the year before when he had the misfortune of having his best robes soaked while having the privilege of being regaled by four naked women, one of whom he was interested in and was writing. Within that year, they had grown to know and love each other.nnSoon, those thoughts were interrupted by a dream. Thaelen saw a house. As he walked to it, it split in two and came back together although with a crack down the middle. He entered to explore the rooms. The first room showed the Sunwell and a woman protecting it. The protector dies when the Sunwell lost its light. In the next room, he saw a fellow elf transform into a demon. Thaelen walked into the next room. It smelled of death and an elf rose out of a freshly-dug grave. Another part saw a white lion with wings. In the middle of his roar, the lion stopped, went over to Thaelen and bowed to him. Thaelen resumed his walk. He saw a girl who was busy making her own snow storm. His walk ended seeing another elf looking like he has mastered the arcane. When he walked out, he noticed the sky was red but the house was completely intact. He then saw his soon-to-be-wed bride carrying a baby. She started to chant. The Death Rites he thought. When she finished, Thaelen could feel the life leaving him. He woke up. It was time for him to take Anaria as his wife.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:40 pm

*Five years after the wedding*nnThaelen could not contain his excitement. He and Anaria were married for five years but were more like a pair young lovers but now they were going to become parents for the first time. After waiting for some time, the midwife called Thaelen back into the bedroom. It was there he gazed on their first child: A girl named Islanna. One of the priestesses from the church stopped by to bless the newborn child. Thaelen could sense the arcane energies in the newborn except his energies were dormant. It was a joyful day that Thaelen was distracted from his instruction duties and raising the dragonhawks all week.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:41 am

*Three years before Leothiel's birth*nnOn the outset, the Frosthawk homestead looked good on the outside, but deep inside, a storm has been raging. Thaelen had been maintaining an odd schedule, which left the dragonhawk raising on then 12-year-old Thieldren. Islanna was already serving as a Sunwell Arcanist and had fallen ill when she tried to stretch those abilities. She still retained her roots in the plane of frost. Remtheras was about to finish his second year of training in the armed services. He knew he would have to protect the land from the Amani Troll raids.nnOne day, the House began to fall apart: Anaria had found a love letter to Thaelen from a woman whose name she did not recognize. She broke down in tears. This explains his odd hours. When he returned home, she did say a word: She showed the letter and pulled the family signet ring from her finger, placed them both in his hand and left the room. Thieldren was not used to seeing his mother in this state. She did not even look at him. He looked at the letter, but Thaelen tried to snatch it from him. Thieldren jumped out of the way even evading his father's spells. Thaelen then told him to stop. "Do not let your siblings know about this." Thieldren replied "Why? I have called you 'father' but now you do this to mother!" He spat in Thaelen's direction and ran as quickly as he could. Remtheras should know but he's probably in drill right now. It left him wondering to whom in the family he could talk. He thought about Islanna, his sister and the eldest Frosthawk.nn"I need to see Islanna Frosthawk."nnThe magister asked "And who are you to demand her?"nnHe replied loudly "Thieldren Frosthawk, her youngest brother." He spoke loud enough not only to break the sanctity of the site of the Sunwell, but it grabbed everyone's attention, including Islanna. She looked him in the eye and said in a very sharp tone "I pray you have a good reason to break the sanctity of this place."nnThieldren showed her the letter and their mother's signet ring "Sanctity of the Sunwell? Try sanctitiy of mother's house." and planted them into her hand. She read the note and requested to the magister to find Remtheras and bring him home immediately. Islanna was the only one who was wearing a signet ring, which was given to her when she came of age. Back home, she removed the ring with Thaelen looking on. That night was never the same. Even Thieldren left and spent a few nights with some friends.nnThe next morning, Thaelen called off the affair. He spent the next few weeks on the virge of tears. He also wrote on how he violated the integrity of his own house. It took several more months before Anaria could speak more than a few words per day with him. It took almost a year before Islanna put her house signet ring back on. Soon, Thaelen and Anaria became like young lovers once again. Their reconciliation felt like the wedding night all over again. The Frosthawk house was made whole once again. About three years after the events nearly dissolved the House, Leothiel was born.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:53 pm

*Before Leothiel's tenth birthday*nnSomething was odd about Thaelen and Anaria's fourth child, Leothiel. He had been out from school for a few days of some mysterious illness, especially when they visited the Sunwell. He was also involved in a fight with a human boy his age. Although Leothiel was weaker than the student in question, he could not move fast upon touching him. One afternoon, Leothiel went to the dragonhawk pens. At that time, Thaelen and Anaria stepped away to talk.nnAnaria opened up "This has been peculiar. Usually, our elflings have their color before they are ten years of age while Leothiel is still white as the day of his birth."nnThaelen thought for a moment. His mind was still on the fight Leothiel won not from brute force, but because of magic armor that magi had. Soon, his mind was back to what Anaria had to say. Thaelen asked "How many times has he been to the Sunwell?" Anaria replied that Leothiel had been there three times and was sick for as long as one week after the visits. The Sunwell-induced illnesses puzzled Anaria greatly. Why would the power that sustains us destroy one of our sons? After more discussion, they returned to the dragonhawk pens. There was a hatching. Leothiel asked "What were you two talking?" Anaria replied to his question by kneeling down, giving him a kiss and saying "Happy birthday, son."nnThe next day, Anaria asked about magic-related illnesses. The best she could hear was regarding withdrawal from the Sunwell and from magic.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:39 pm

Leothiel was turning 16. His primary schooling was finished. His family position paid: He was unable to enter service because his brothers were already in it. This was done to ensure the family line not to be broken or the the Frosthawk name become extinct. He spent most of his schooling years mastering his subjects. Mathematics and rhetoric became his two strong points that landed him as an apprentice of a law practitioner. He spent his off-hours in the library attending to other subjects. However, his magic power was still highly dormant. There were humans living in Quel'thalas at the time, but they were either emissaries, servants, or merchants trading their wares.nnOne human girl by the name of Leilanna was smitten by him. It started out with a letter of admiration and a request to meet. The meeting was very clandestine and would set the precedent of those to follow. Leothiel wondered why they were secret. She then said her father would object to her being courted by an elf.nnLeothiel replied with "Courted? I was not expecting to marry so soon. Why don't you introduce me to your father? This should not have to be secret."nnThe next day, Leothiel went to visit his father Thaelen. He told him about Leilanna and the clandestine meetings. Thaelen thought a moment and spoke up. "I think you know that humans have a much shorter lifespan and are desperate to continue their lines. If she is keeping it secret from her father, that is more telling of his character. Do not waste your seed on her or any woman who is not your wife. She sounds desperate to escape her father."nnThe following day, Leilanna showed up at the front of the law office where Leothiel apprenticed. Her father was with her. Leothiel could fell the fear she had of him and the animosity from his voice. Her father seemed warm on the outisde, but when Leothiel's hand made contact for a shake, there was no life but a crushing grip. That revealed more about him than anything.nnSoon, the romance slowed to a halt. A few months later, Leilanna found herself carrying a child. Her father thought it was Leothiel and confronted him holding a knife. Thaelen intervened and asked Leothiel "Are you the father?" Leothiel looked in Thaelen's eyes and ansewered a loud "Yes." Thaelen said "Do not lie to me like that! Did you sire her child?" Leothiel said "No." Thaelen said "The first answer was to calm you down. Let time be the judge." Leilanna's father grudingly agreed. A few months later, Leothiel was presented with a baby. He undid the hood: The ears had no points. Thaelen felt down the baby's back: No sign of stumps onthe shoulder blades. "This child is all human." Leilann revealed that she was seeing another person at the time Leothiel met her father for the first time. Leothiel was glad that chapter with her was over. However, he gained reputation among his peers for being virile.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:04 pm

*Three years after the start of Leothiel's law apprenticeship*nnThaelen and Anaria had to make a decision: His teaching in Dalaran was giving him long stints away from the homestead. Although he wrote faithfully, he felt absent and felt his marriage suffering. Leothiel was working and studying for his journeyman law examination and was in no position to watch over the homestead or the dragonhawks. Thaelen returned home at the end of Spring. He kissed Anaria like they they were two lovers who had found each other for the first time. Anaria spoke up "I miss you." Thaelen quietly returend "I miss you too. How about if we go to Dalaran together?" Anaria was surprised by the question and objected "This is our home." That night, Thaelen and Anaria had a night of passion almost unmatched.nnThe next morning, Thaelen woke up, dressed and walked around the homestead. It was the end of his second year of teaching in Dalaran. He walked to the pond that he missed so dearly. He stripped, took a plunge and quietly thought Do I really want to go to Dalaran again? He swam some more and let his mind wander. No more teaching classes for three more months. Thaelen felt a soft wet hand on his back: It was Anaria who had come to join him. Afterwards, they went to the almost-empty dragonhawk pens. "It has been tougher to maintain the dragonhawks with everyone gone. It has been trouble keeping everyone together when they have different agendas. Leothiel has been the most absent."nnLater that evening, there was a surprise: Islanna, Remtheras, Thieldren, and Leothiel arrived at the same time to welcome home Thaelen. The dinner discussion was long as everyone told their respective stories. Leothiel was the most visibly tired, but did not grow weary from the discussion. After the young Frosthawks left, it was Thaelen and Anaria. Thaelen was soon struck by the silence. "What I have when you're gone is even more quiet than this," Anaria said. The more I think what you said last night, the more I would want to be with you even if it is in Dalaran." Anaria closed with a kiss.nnOver the summer, the Frosthawks made arrangements for their homestead: Thaelen and Anaria were to go to Dalaran. Islanna had first chance at the homestead, but turned it down. Remtheras accepted the homestead and it was transferred over to him. Leothiel took the journeyman's law exam and failed it later that year. He barely passed at the beginning of the next year and wanted to take it again.

Return to “Library of the Sages”