~Silently Broken~

WoW Lore, Nyx Lore, Past Events, Fan Fiction and RP stories

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Kallokain

Re: ~Silently Broken~

Postby Kallokain » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:49 pm

Try not to breathe, he thought to himself. No movement, no flickers of life can be seen. Be as if there is nothing here to be seen.nnMarxaine narrowed his eyes, clad in black leather armor as he hid in the darkened, shadowed alley in the trade district of Stormwind. He was on the hunt again. His prey this night was an elderly human man. This man, while not physically impressive, was a merchant of great reknown among the Alliance. There were strategists of war among Lady Nyx's followers who had learned that this human's wealth was important to the Alliance's war effort against the Horde. Thus, Marxaine had been sent to Stormwind to track him down and eliminate him.nnThis hunt had been tiring for the blood elf. He had tracked his prey's movements for days, making note of who he associated with in case such information would be useful in the future. The blood elf had never been discovered, but there had been a few close calls. This night would be the human's final night of life, however. Marx had learned that the old man would be leaving for Thelsamar soon to meet with a brigade from Ironforge in preparation for an offensive to the northern lands of the Forsaken. Thus, the old man was spending the night bidding farewell to his family.nnMarxaine's prey obviously had a large family, consisting of his many children, their families, and their children. The old man had found a strong foundation to build upon in his family. This was obvious. Marx had stealthily observed a large farewell dinner, and a very large dinner at that. The old man's wife had obviously been the architect of the great feast... a feast which consisted of great food, great drink, fine companionship, and... love.nnMarxaine had seen and learned enough. As the festivities at the human's manor closed, the old man and his wife shared a final moment before he left. The old man embraced his wife for what seemed an eternaty before he turned and left to join his caravan to Thelsammar.nnThe blood elf followed the caravan for several hours into the depths of Elwynn Forest.nnThe old man slept for a few minutes near the morning until being awoken in a most brutal fashion. He was dragged by his assailant from his sleeping blanket in the largest caravan wagon past the corpses of his guards. His wakened eyes blinked rapidly, his face showing panic and fear.nnMarxaine threw the old man against a wagon and lifted him up off of his feet, clutching him by his throat with his right arm while bringing his dagger to his throat with his left. I SHOULD HAVE KILLED HIM IN HIS SLEEP! the blood elf realized, momentarily losing himself in thought as he inched the dagger to the man's throat. WHY AM I DOING THIS?!? MY HUNGER IS GONE! THE SUNWELL HAS BEEN RESTORED! Marxaine was almost brought to a state of panic upon realizing his near loss of control to his anger. Part of him thirsted to draw out the old man's death.nnFear could easily be seen in the old man's sweaty, paniced face. But Marxaine saw something in his face that was almost alien to him. The blood elf saw fufillment. The blood elf saw peace. The blood elf saw love.nnImmediately, the fear faded from the old man. As the fear swept away from him, it was briefly replaced by realization, which was then replaced by a silent, smug smile of victory. Marxaine could not abide this, thus, he was able to control his anger and ended the old man's life with a quick thrust of his dagger into his throat.nnnnnnA few seconds later, the old man's dead body fell to the ground against the wagon. The blood elf then sheathed his dagger, and gathered a few torches along with flasks of oil. He burned the entire caravan to the ground. He then found his dark red hawkstrider, roped to a tree away from the burning camp, and quickly lept atop it.nnMarxaine reached to his neck with a bloody, gloved hand. He pulled his necklace up, and angrily gazed at the ring at the end of the rope-chained necklace. He grit his teeth in rage, pulling the necklace almost to the point of breaking, but then shut his eyes and forced a thought from his mind. He placed the chain and ring back under his shirt, then directed his hawkstrider to run. Riding off silently to the north, his rage over something he can never have had almost gotten the better of him once again.
if Quentin Tarantino did movies in the World of Warcraft...

Umbral Champion of War

Tarja

Postby Tarja » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:30 pm

It was beginning to get cold, and the leaves, had started to change. She was finally settling in, though her mind never left the thoughts of him, she had started to move on. She was in a new place, with new people, per her parent’s wishes. She wondered what he thought of, if he ever thought of her, of them, and what could have been, just as she did. nnShe was standing outside the Charter School, she did not know where she was or how long she had to be here but she had no choice in the coming of. nnShe watched the stream babble, and the leaves dance within the breeze, she heard her name being called, she turned to look, and she saw a faceless elven lady, in the same garb as the other ‘teachers’ within. She nodded and walked softly over to them. nn“Ual’etha Tarja, Your sister awaits you within the compound. You have till the sand is nearly gone, to be with her. No longer.” nnShe nodded. Sighing.nnShe made her way inside, where everything looked the same. The walls, the people, even the sounds were the same. She really didn’t like this place, but she did what one does, when they’re somewhere, they wish not to be. She daydreamed, and it kept her sane.nnShe went into the room, that was full of books and badly done paintings. Her sister stood with her back turned. nn“Tarj…” she signed and shook her head. nnn“Yes Zay..” She inclined her head, studying her sister, whom was holding a letter within her hand. nn“I’m not s’pose to be doing this.. but.. he asked me to give you this…”
UC of G&N
Watchdogs have never looked this good before.

Tarja

Postby Tarja » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:20 pm

She pocketed the letter, part of her, was screaming to read it, but the other part, begged her not. She could not take anymore heart ache, and to open and see, that he was informing her, that he had found someone else, would have been too much for her to bare, especially in her current mental state.nnnHer sister sighed heavy as she spoke “Your starting to show..” nShe looked down, and nodded. Saying nothing. n“What will…happen?” Zayrria asked. n“I’m told…it will be painless.. and that I will never…lay eyes upon them…they will go to a family, whom cannot have kids of their own. And the Mistrunner family, shall keep their honor and pride, while their youngest, rots away in this ….place. This child will know not his mother, or father…and the father, shall never know about the child..” n“it’s so wrong..” she said heaving a bigger sigh. n“I know.. but I’m not of age to leave... and I can’t fight them.. what else can I do…You know our parents. They hold more control then just over us.. it was either this.. or they were going to make sure he….” nnHer sister nodded, “I should go…they don’t know I’m here..” nnTarja nodded, a hand snaked to her stomach as she shook her head. nn“It’s a good school at least..” her sister said, glancing over her shoulder..nn“yeah…I s’pose..” she wanted to stop thinking about the scroll that was within the confines of her pocket. She went to her room, and sat it upon a dresser. She stared at it.
UC of G&N
Watchdogs have never looked this good before.

Return to “Library of the Sages”