~Silently Broken~

WoW Lore, Nyx Lore, Past Events, Fan Fiction and RP stories

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Tarja

~Silently Broken~

Postby Tarja » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:29 am

ImagennnnLying in the middle of a bed, clearly built for two. The unpainted lids of a young girl, slid open, years betraying a set of sad, dark riddle-laden emerald eyes. Honey locks of hair, matting down to the porcelain like face, through fallen tears. She reaches out, feeling beside of her, to feel…nothing. A whimper in the corner, and the rattle of the wind upon the window, stirred the restless being, rousing her from her unmerciful slumber. nThrowing the covers aside, she slides out of bed, away from the dreams that torment her, that linger and taunt her. Dreams of him. The same dreams, as every other night. His sent, still lingering thick in the very darkness of her mind. She found herself missing him more this night, then any other..nnShe walks to the window, the long pale blades, tracing the contour of a dancing branch upon the glass, she was conducting something this night, her own symphony. nThe mascara stained cheeks, reflecting the light of the dimly concealed moon, as the breeze began to pick up slowly with her slight movements upon the glass. she frowned, whispering the name… “Celebhael” nnThe name alone, made her shiver and bite her lip. Her eyes fell to the trees, the leaves, shades of a hazy sunset, oranges and pale amber, a sigh escaping her lips. nn“It’s that time again…I’ll be there soon…” she walked over to her bed, which was calling her, her knees, nearly buckling with the weight she carried upon her shoulders, as she sat down, pulling her legs to her chest, her chin, resting upon her forearm, she began to cry. Silently.
UC of G&N
Watchdogs have never looked this good before.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Re: ~Silently Broken~

Postby Asarelah » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:03 am

Absolutely lovely !!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Tarja

Postby Tarja » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:47 pm

She strolled along the worn and beaten path, that was long forgotten by many. But so well remembered, by her. Her feet, bare as usual, kissed the cobblestone beneath them, it was cold, and damp, and cracked, but she did not care. She walked along, alone. Honey tendrils sticky from the rain and the tears that had fallen. Bushes and shrubs, unkempt and neglected, grew reaching for the heights they were never meant to see, as she brushed by them, they caressed her leg, but she didn't pay them, or anything else, any mind. nnShe was in a trance like state, his face flashed like lightening throughout her memories, and hurt as if she was staring straight into the sun. A gloved hand, reached out, touching a worn down, wooden gate, a moon, engraved into it, she sighed heavy, gingerly lifting up upon it, allowing her self to push through the debris and fallen branches, across a path that led to an even more worn, but, livable manner. nn“I’m home..” she whispered, pushing the door open, to be greeted by several blood elvin women, all dressed in the same frumpy robes, one turned their gaze to her, their faces all looked the same. It had been years, since she had came back to this place, but nothing had changed…nothing… as one opened their mouth to speak, she heard no sound. Simply reading their lips, she nodded at the words nn“ual’etha…” n“He awaits you, always searching milady…he is having a good day..” the lady offered a kind and warm smile, but such, was beyond anything Tarja could muster. nnnShe simply nodded once to herself, the knot in her stomach, growing deep in dread. nnShe allowed the bag she carried, to fall from her shoulder, as it fell to the ground, she did not pay attention to the thud that followed, only assuming, it was the worldly belongings she had brought with her, but she quickly realized, she was on the floor. nnHer knees, had buckled, as the door her eyes had been so fixed on, a door in which, had sent her mind into a swirl of confusion, simply opened. nnOne of the frumpily dressed women, the ones whom, taught her everything she knew, of life, of light, of healing,… stepped out, and smiled. nn“Ual’etha Tarja, It has been, quiet sometime. I was beginning to think you had forgotten your promise to us, to him.” She motioned behind her, to the open door, as Tarja pushed hard upon the floor, with a palm, forcing herself to her feet.nnShe thought to herself, “it’s not that hard…one foot in front of the other…”
UC of G&N

Tarja

Postby Tarja » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:56 am

She pushed forward, a shaky smile, parting her lips, as she stumbled for breath. nnShe could see his cascading snow touched hair, falling like a frozen waterfall down his back. She remembered his velvet lips, and the taste of them, sweet like moon berries. Her hands began to tremble, as his head began to turn. nnThe face of the angel she once knew, only half showing, battered, and contorted from battles untold. A sigh escaped her lips, as he quickly turned away from her, shaking his head, and extending an arm outward, shoo’ing her away. She held her breath for a moment, awaiting the screams that were sure to follow, but there was only silence. She took a step forward. nn“You’ve changed…” he spoke, his voice, broken. n“So have you.” she replied, walking slowly over to him. Allowing an ungloved hand, to touch his bare shoulder. nA sigh passed his tightly pursed lips, but he did not shun away from her touch. n“Why do you come back here Tiara? There’s nothing for you here…” he reached up, taking her hand in his, using the silky ashen tendrils to hide his face from her.n“Tiara…that’s a name, I can honestly say…I’ve not been called in years…”n“You’ve always been my princess, it’s a fitting name, for such I'd think…”n“That’s why, I don’t allow any other to use it. Besides…you never could say my name right.” She smirked as he glanced sideways at her, only a single gleaming emerald tinted eye shown. n“It is an odd name. How many elves do you know, with a name like Tarja?” n“I’m an odd kinda girl…” n“Still barefoot to…can still hear your foot steps.”n“Lies. Lies and slander. I‘m as quiet as a mouse!” n“That line is about as warn out as my body…”n“Still giving up on life, as always I see” She stumbled for words, knowing this was a road, she did not wish to go down, changing the subject, she smiled, her voice taking on tones of jollity. nn“What is this, what have you done with your hair? The sun has left you, and the moon, now takes up residence. I suppose I shall have to call you Silver-locks.” nnShe allowed her hand to snake over his shoulders, twirling a long white lock around her finger. nn“I like it…” She began running her fingers through it, braiding random strands, stopping when she heard him chuckle. nn“Your obsession with my hair, has always amused me. The nights you’d lay in my arms, and twirl your fingers around strands………..” nn“It’s longer then mine…” her voice trailed off, as a frown played upon her lips, sadness washed over her face, and though, she tried to fight back tears, they still fell. “nn‘”Till they would curl…or until you fell asleep. I loved watching you sleep.” nnSilent tears, raining down, both of their cheeks, one following a path, of many others in times before, falling down her cheek, and onto his shoulder. nn“Why..” nn“I made a promise…I always come back.. We can make this wo--…”nn“No. we cant. I cant.”nn“Yes. You can…but you -wont-. Come back with me, let *ME* take care of you”nn“No!” he shouted, his voice trembling. “Its not your place to take care of me. I’m the man, I’m the one, whom is to take care of you, but I cannot. I can’t even walk!” He slung an arm outward, with his palm open, knocking the glasses and knick-knacks off that lay upon a table in front of him. They crashed to the floor, and near her bare feet, shards of glass, all around her.
UC of G&N

Tarja

Postby Tarja » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:03 pm

He looked to her, his face glinting with fallen tears. “You can’t do this. It isn’t fair to you. Move on…just move on forget me. Leave me here, to die. I want to die.” n“I won’t allow that happen, neither will they. Stop being so pig-headed. Your acting as though it’s the end of everything, when it can be just the beginning….” nn“you have no idea what it’s like Tiara, to need help in everything you do…Just leave me…” he fell silent, as he laid back down upon the four post bed, red see through curtains blew, the only sound, was a sigh. nnShe turned and walked out.nn“He still won’t see it through Milady?” one of the faceless elven care givers ask. nn“No…and I fear, my hope is dwindling...I have found a home, one in which, I feel I belong, and I have met many new faces, none which shall never compare to his, but when hope is gone, what do I have to hold onto?” She felt her world coming down around her, pieces of her life, the only thing that made her what she is, falling, not only falling, but crumbling. She walked out, onto a rickety porch, the boards crying out under each painful step she took, with each one, the further she became. nnNumb, and sticky from rain. Her feet were cold, her hands, trembled and her head, ached. But she did not stop. Many things played upon her mind, she felt so much, that she never thought was possible. How could something so beautiful, hurt, so very much. She glanced to the sky, tears falling down her face, she cried out in a pain, cursing all she once knew. A figure stood before, dark tendrils dripped from his feet, and his voice, was that, of someone she once looked to as a mentor. nn“I can teach you to forsake the light, that has hurt you. You wield the discpline already, to keep it in check. Should you wish it?” A boney, rot covered hand, reach down, taking her hand, pulling her up. “What say you?”
UC of G&N

Tarja

Postby Tarja » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Two years later --- nnnShe stood upon a sand covered bank, the sound of children playing near by soothing to her contorted mind. nn“Tarja! TARJA!” one cried out, as she jerked her head to the sound. Honey locks, bounding over her shoulder and out of her face, as her emerald eyes fell upon a blonde girl about the age of 8. nn“Look what I can do!” The small voice echoed, as the little girl begin to twirl in a circle. nShe chuckled, and nodded, making her way over to her. She kneeled down, taking the childs hand within her own.nn“I can do that to you know.” n“nuh uh!” another voice, rang out, with enthusiastic delight “NO WAY!” n“Yuh huh. I used to be a dancer, didn’t know that did you.” nThe children looked at her with wide-eyed amazement, as she let out a genuine laugh. “Had you going…” n“TARJA!” n“OH NO NO NO!” she said chuckleing, falling backwardsnnThe two children, Jane and Nova, had now, tackled her to the ground, and wrestled with her, tickleing her madly, she laughed to the point, tears fell down her cheeks.
UC of G&N

Tarja

Postby Tarja » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:47 pm

She looked them as they laughed, their eyes filled with more wonderment then she had ever known at that age, and she found herself smileing up at the sky as the two kids collapsed beside her one laying each of her arms as she wrapped them into a hug. She began telling them a story. nnShe did not know that in the shadows, she was being watched.nnn“So…once upon a time there was this elven lass, she was but a child on the verge of becoming a women. Care free and wild spirited in times in which, such was frowned upon. But she, did not care. For in her world of Candy corn and lipstick, she had her best friend whom she loved more then anything, even her favorite blanket. “ nnShe signed for a moment, as she saw them looking to her. They were truly content and the epitome of innocence. nn“keep going tarja!” one said with bounding excitement.n“yeah!” nShe chuckled and nodded, the grass making a comforting pillow. nn“well…this girl, was scared of many things, like those of her time. One of them, was the dark. She was so afraid of the dark, that every day upon the setting of the sun, she began to cry, and she pleaded with her friend, to make it go away. He felt helpless, and loving her back, like any good friend, he fought to find a way… “ nnShe paused for a moment, memories she had tried so long to repress came to her. She felt torn. nn“one night, he found a way to climb to her window, which was open to let in the summer breeze, she had cried herself to sleep, out of fear that something or someone, would take her away. He snuck in, quietly, with nothing more then a bag, and within the bag, were candles. He laid them out, all around her bed, and lit each one. The light from them, chased the darkness away, but he knew, it would not be enough to sooth her.” nnShe glanced down to the children, whom were starting to doze off, she smiled, kissing one of them, atop the head, and with a sleepy voice, one said “Please go on..” nn“He could not bare her tears any longer, he could hear them, from his house, so he wished to stop them. The candles, were but the first step in his plan. He sat in a chair, that adorned the corner, never used, and he watched her sleep, getting up only to look at the window, and out over the sea. And so it was. Every night, he would come to her window, she would let him in, and he would fight away the darkness. She gave him the nickname, Dal’anar. As he became, her only star light.” nnWith the children asleep, she slowly got up, and walked over to the sea. She spoke to herself. “And he still remains as such…” a hand wandered to her ear, twirling the ring that adorned the upper lobe, she sighed. She began to remeber...nnn Years Before..
UC of G&N

Kallokain

Postby Kallokain » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:25 pm

He lifted himself up the tree to her bedroom window. His slender figure swiftly darted to right outside the window, and did so with great ease as it had countless times in years past. The only difference now compared to then was the fact that since he was no longer a child, his weight was somewhat more of a burden to the tree limb. But as he had gotten older and resilient, so had the tree. Its bark had healed as time passed since the Scourge invasion, but nothing ever completely heals after such a thing... not a tree, not a man, not an elf.nnDarkness enveloped the city of Silvermoon, and shadows were his friend. He embraced them and took them in as if they were a part of him, body and soul. Even with the Sunwell restored, darkness had never completely left him. In fact, he embraced darkness even more. Some addicitons can never be broken. He was near the top of the tree, perched almost birdlike on one of its highest strong branches. He knew the tree would not let him down. It had held him here for many many times thoughout the years.nnHe inched closer to her window. The only obvious part of him that could be seen were his bright green eyes. The rest of him was clothed in black. He inched closer, closer... THERE! He could see the glint of the earring. She was there, asleep. This made him smile. She had been the one constant. She had been his priority, even as he lost all else in his life. She had never lost faith. He never could bear seeing her in pain. Seeing her in peaceful sleep with her sleeping peaceful face actually put his mind at ease, thus the frequent climbs up the tree.nnThere were loud knocks not too far from him near the front entrance to her home. From the tree he recognized the official regalia of Silvermoon militia.nn"Anar'endal dracon," he thought, "This is the first place they looked for me?"nnNot wanting her slumber disturbed, he decided that the prey should draw the predators away from her place of rest. He quickly plopped to the ground, catlike. He reached into his side pouch and pulled out a golden, jewel-encrusted necklace, a brilliant one at that. He stood in the moonlight, waving to get their attention.nn"YOO HOO!" he yelled at the guards, "Are you looking for this?!?" He waved the necklace at them, and it shined in the moonlight.nnUpon recognizing him, or perhaps the necklace, the guards immediately ran to him, screaming something about 'arrest'. He then smiled and started running away from them rapidly, turning into the first alley he could find.nn"Shorel'aran, Belore." he whispered, taking one last glance at her window before he was lost in the shadows of the alley.
if Quentin Tarantino did movies in the World of Warcraft...

Umbral Champion of War

Tarja

Postby Tarja » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:38 am

The sounds below her window, did not wake her. But the knock, that followed, did. She wrapped herself in a robe, and gathered her hair over her shoulder as her feet hit the cold unwelcoming embrace of the marble flooring. “Be right there..” she said with sleep still lingering upon her voice. Each step was taken with the greatest of care, soundless as she had become so accustom to moving, the only sound, her breath that echoed within the colorless hall way. She stopped at the door, placing a hand upon the back of it, opening it only enough, for her emerald orbs to peer out. n“Little Sister. He is on the move. I don’t know how long I can keep them from his heels, but I shall do what is within mine power.” the figure that spoke, sat high upon a blackened and armored, charger. The voice was female, and she was cloaked. nnTarja, Stood now, upon the stoop, the door mostly shut. Her voice was merely a whisper as her gaze was focused on the ground. It had been years, since she and her sister had truly spoken, and he, was a conversation, neither was willing to have. n“He’s always running from something…”nnZayrria held the reigns loosely in a damaged hand, she shook her head, only ebon locks could be seen poking from the cowl that covered most of her face. The horse shifted uneasy as if there was an oncoming storm. “Should they catch him….” she stopped midway, as if she herself didn’t want to think of what would be if they did..nn“Just.. don’t….I know you’ll do what you can…You’ll use your rank, to make them forget, or make it all go away, like you always do.. You always put your ass on the line. Though I never understand why. Well I do, I just don’t want to.” nnZayrria chuckled and shook her head, her gaze slowly making it’s way to sky. n“Because, You are my little sister, and I’ll do what ever it takes, to keep you from hurting. I once, chased him while you were away, I won’t lie, but it was a chase, I could never keep up with. He was always chasing you, and you, chasing a ghost.” nn“I didn’t have a choice in any of that Za.. You know that. They made me go away…I never wanted to leave here…or him.. But…” n“I know…..he doesn’t. he never did. And honestly, unless you tell him. He never will.”
UC of G&N

Tarja

Postby Tarja » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:47 am

She stood on the stoop, as she watched her sister take off in the night, as the rain began to fall. nnShe was alone…again. nnShe made her way up the stairs, padding wet footprints up the marble well, but she did not care. Her mind had turned inward, as a hand brushed her face she felt light headed. “Easy…” she stopped, and sat down upon the step, her head in hand, she began to cry. nThe thoughts that ran through her head, where of a night, many years before this onennn.. nnShe tried, as she had tried so many times before. To say three words to him. nThree. nSimple. nWords. nBut yet, those words, where more complex then any word, or any world. nnThey were three words, yes, but the emotion behind them, had started more wars, caused more murders, and more blood shed then the strongest hatred. nnShe looked to him, as they stood in an ally, her hand within his. Tears streaming down her face, her mouth opened, but no sound came out. All the air in her lungs, ceased to exist, as she felt as though she was suffocating. All that was left, was the feel as if she had swallowed burning embers, and they lingered within the very confines of her throat. He stood there, the entire time, his face, unlike hers, showing no emotion. It was blank. nnHis eyes, shielded by the goggles she had grown to hate, they covered her light, the one thing, that had kept her sane for so long. nnHis eyes. nnOr more to it.. The care that once resided within them, veiled from the world, even hers. nnHer faith, waned. In everything. The one thing, she always thought she could depend on, was him. But even he, could not fix this. nn“Why did you call me out here, Belore? This is not a place for you..” he took her hand within in his, but she flinched as he touched her. nHe looked confused for a moment, then dropped her hand. n“This, will be the last time you see me Marx…” nHe stood there for a moment, not saying anything. nShe sighed, sliding a ring off her finger. nShe reach for his hand, and pressed the ring hard within his palm. nShe could see his jaw clench, as his brow furrowed. “Wha…” nShe shook her head, as she allowed her finger tips to graze over his closed hand but once. n“Tarj…” n“no more…” she turned and walked away. nnnnImage
UC of G&N

Return to “Library of the Sages”