The Next Ascent

WoW Lore, Nyx Lore, Past Events, Fan Fiction and RP stories

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

The Next Ascent

Postby Leothiel » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:37 pm

*Sunday*nnThe orc messenger rode as quickly as he could through Eversong, stopping at one point asking the ranger where one Leothiel Frosthawk was living. Leothiel did not need a knock no matter where he was, he could always hear the barking from a distance away and know it's from high command in Orgrimmar. Without a word, the messenger dropped off the sealed orders and left.nn"Blood Guard Leothiel Frosthawk:nnYou are to report to the barracks of Orgrimmar on Monday night."nnLeothiel realized that this was his last night at his own homestead. This was the last night he would sleep in a bed with his wife Oneille next to him. This day was the last full day he would be with his children: Their son Haeldrin, now four years old; and daughter Islanna, who is now two months old.nn*Monday evening*nnLeothiel reported to the Orgrimmar barracks after dark. It had been nearly five years since he last slept in orcish barracks. The spartan furnishings contrasted to the opulence of his own home to which he had grown accustomed. Perhaps I have softened in the past few years he thought. Even though the floor was hard, the sleeping furs were surprisingly comfortable. He realized that he would not have Oneille on this night and not sure for how long he would be from home.nn*Tuesday morning*nnThe horn sounded as each soldier received their set of orders: Leothiel was to take a mercenary ship to assault the kingdom of Stormwind. After some time at sea, a monster attacked the ship. Leothiel tried to swim fratically when the ship was pulled under by the monster then he nearly panicked when he felt something grab him. He felt something grab him tight: It was a green scaly hand. His vision faded as death approached. The last thing he remembered was something striking the body attached to the green scaly hand, which let go of him then he lost consciousness when a bubble enveloped him.
Lord Leothiel Frosthawk, First of the Mageblood, Proud Lord to Lady Oneille, father and protector of Haeldrin and Islanna

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Re: The Next Ascent

Postby Leothiel » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:18 am

Leothiel woke up finding himself soaked but still breathing. He then looked up to find himself at the feet of a Broken shaman from the Earthen Ring. He realized he was in a sunken Forsaken ship. The shaman told him of the mission ahead. When Leothiel finally oriented himself, he started out on the task to gather materials so the shaman could cast a spell on him so he can breathe and run while under water in this place, known as Vash'jir. When Leothiel returned with the materials, he presented the shaman with the materials.nnThe boon did not make Leothiel feel any different until he returned to the water. He could breathe like he was on the surface. When he planted his feet on the sea floor, he could run like he was on the surface. Soon, he went back to his tasks: To rescue drowning Horde troops and to recover Horde supplies from the sea floor. Near the sunken Forsaken ship was some Alliance equipment from Stormwind's SI:7. Leothiel spent some time "recovering" Alliance equipment.nnAfterwards, the naga were planning an attack. Leothiel and other members of the Horde defended the ship but they were overrun by the naga. He felt a cold hand around his neck and found himself moving not on his own free will. One of the naga captured him and started hauling him off. Soon, some Earthen Ring shamans seemingly appeared out of nowhere and killed the naga. When the naga had scattered, there was another assignment: Taming a mount. The turtles were too temperamental to be mounts. Leothiel mastered the Abyssal Seahorse and soon found himself exploring the depths of Vash'jir.nnThat night, Leothiel wrote home to Oneille and sent Azureus to deliver the message. He wrote about being captured twice by naga then mastering the seahorse.
Lord Leothiel Frosthawk, First of the Mageblood, Proud Lord to Lady Oneille, father and protector of Haeldrin and Islanna

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Rumors had been spreading throughout Silvermoon of a sunken Horde fleet that left Orgrimmar. Those mumurs were on the lips of the rangers who patrolled around the Frosthawk homestead. Oneille could not bear the thought of losing her white lion. Soon, a sign of relief came at about sunrise the next morning in the form of a small blue flutter. The small blue flutter approached her very excitedly in the form of Azureus.nn"My Dear Lioness,nnToday, I have been deployed to the Eastern Kingdoms when the invasion fleet was blown off-course and attacked by some large beast. Twice I've been captured by naga only to be wrested from them. I am now writing to you from a dry cave underwater. Do not fear for me as the shamans of the Earthen Ring have given me a boon that allows me to breathe underwater here. This is a beautiful 'land' but dangerous. There are old Highborne ruins around here. Right now, I do not know when I am returning to Eversong but I look forward to having you at my side once again. I also look forward to teaching Haeldrin magic and holding Islanna while she is an infant.nnWith Love,nnYour White Lion"nnOneille was joyful to have read the letter. Haeldrin wondered why. They went to the study, where Oneille pulled out a bowl and a bottle from one of the drawers and went to scry the dragon whelp Azureus. What they saw was the raucuous night at the barracks followed by the group boarding a mercenary ship. Soon, the scene shifted to a warm day when she saw tentacles pull the ship underneath. Right before Leothiel would have died, she saw him captured by naga and encased in a bubble. She witnessed the subsquent blessing by the Earthen Ring shamans that enabled him to survive underwater. Soon, it was another capture by the naga as well as something not mentioned in his letter: The acquisition of a seahorse mount for use underwater.nnBoth the letter and the scrying of the dragon whelp brought her relief. Haeldrin wondered what it meant. Oneille gave him a hug saying "Father loves you."

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:52 pm

*one week after the events in Vash'jir; This time in the Stonecore*nnTwilight's Hammer had been a constant force in Azeroth. They had accomplished something great: The return of the Earthwarder. Leothiel found himself in a plane called the Stonecore. His party had been sent to purge the place of Twilight's Hammer cult. After the group killed the high priestess, he began to look around. He saw a hole in the roof of the "cave," which had a pit of lava in the middle. He had seen similar lava in Deepholm, except it was called the blood of the Earthwarder. As he walked farther, he was running into metal fragments. The more steps he took, the more the fragments were starting to resemble something. It went from metal bars to torn sheets to something that resembled armor. The armor was unusual was that is was large. At the end, there was one armor fragment that was not made for any particular race for the Horde or for the Alliance. It was for a very large fully-grown wyrm of a dragon. Leothiel remembered the eyewitness accounts then thought "Deathwing."

Oneille
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Oneille » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:30 pm

Little Islanna slept soundly within her bassinet. The newly born Frosthawk cooed as a gentle hand pressed to her cheek. Oneille smiled down at her infant child. Already fed and tucked in, the small child dreamed while warm fingers moved across her rosy cheek. The abrupt sound of soft paws and a canine's pant averted Oneille's attention. A large worg padded into the doorway leading into the nursery. Kim, the long time companion of Oneille, panted at his mistress. Gold flecked eyes seemed to stare strangely back at her.nn"Kim, come, little Islanna needs rest." Oneille bent down, lips pursed as she kissed Islanna goodnight. Islanna stirred faintly with a mild whimper as mother and pet left her to slumber.nThere came a sudden thump! Oneille recognized the noise as the common, "Haeldrin..." She shook her head walking towards her son's room. nnHaeldrin looked like his father in every sense of the word. From the flaxen hair, to pale complexion, he was Leothiel's son. The child made a habit of sneaking about in his room before bed. Oneille knew the boy's routine. "Haeldrin, you should be asleep." Mother Lah taught Oneille that patience was a virtue. Oneille's patience with her children was without measure but some nights Haeldrin stretched the limit. nn"But Momma!" The green eyes of Haeldrin peaked from behind the curtains of the window. The window was ajar as the night time sounds filled the room. Haeldrin clasped a paper in his tiny hand. From the crumbled texture and aged palor, it seemed a page from a book. "Young elfling where did that parchment come from?" Oneille quirked a feathered brow as arms folded about her chest. Her countenance gentle and demeanor steady as she interrogated her son.nnHaeldrin felt the pressure. He bit down on his lower lip suckling on it as his matron questioned him. "Momma, I got it from father's office." Instantly the young elf closed his eyes tightly. The would be an expected scolding he could feel it! Head turned down and eyes drawn shut, Haeldrin prepared for the punishment. Instead, the caress of his mother greeted his shoulders. Oneille hugged her son a warm kiss placed about his cheek. The boy peeked an eye open as his mother soothed a palm to his back reassuring him. nn"Haeldrin, I am not angry quite the opposite. I am happy that you're adventurous but sneaking into poppa's personal office is a no-no. Just consider this a warning...like the last several dozen." Oneille heavily sighed. Both her arms encircled him tightening about in a tight hug. Haeldrin's small hands hugged back. Oneille felt the vestigial wings at her son's back and was reminded of her mate, the White Lion. The empty feeling kept growing. Days passed which turned into weeks. A wife could only stand so much till her heart craved her love.nnTen minutes later...nnHaeldrin slept. His pale hair curtained about his face. Oneille kissed his cheek. She closed the door to his room. With the parchment in hand the blood elf mother examined her find. The page had been torn from a book. After a closer look the page was one she pulled from her own book. The writing nothing of importance but the symbol was. A Highborne symbol. A symbol representing the very elves her kind descending from. nn"I remember this old page. I use to study these old things back in the archives. Hm, seems my son chose well." As she turned the page over the evidence became clear. On the opposite side a drawing appeared. Young Haeldrin created a picture showing his father blasting a naga with blue sparks, "Oh you, hehe." Oneille chuckled at her son's artistry. nnPaper in hand Oneille began to write another letter to her mate and this time adding the potrait as well:nn Dearest Lionn I send back to you the love of your family. Son, daughter, and wife miss you greatly. The sight of Azureous makes me most joyed. We are well and in your absence we miss you more. Seems to me that little Haeldrin has grown into quite the artist since your leave. I'm sending the portrait he made of you fighting against the naga. Don't mind the parchment, its only from an old study I once did on the Highborne. I swear the child thinks more like you each day always seeking trouble where he can! Now, our daughter on the other hand grows more beautiful each day. I'm happy to announce her color is showing. She has rosy cheeks and hair turning redder by the day! Oh, Leothiel please come home soon. We miss you, I miss you. My Lion your family misses you terribly. Please come back to us. I know you fight for our new Warchief yet my heart wishes you home. n Love,n Your mate and lady n Oneille, the Lioness
"We live in dark times with dark wonders. Makes me glad I am a warlock." - Lady Oneille Frosthawk, Mother of the Lion's Pride, Mate to the White Lion.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:40 am

The time in Vash'jir was invaluable. Leothiel's explorations in the ruins gave him an even greater insight not just about the naga, but filled him with a greater sense of pride at being a Son of the Highborne. This was a heritage he wanted to pass not just to Haeldrin and Islanna but any of his future elflings. He had assisted the Earthen Ring in fighting the old-god infused naga and their Twilight's Hammer allies. He realized that he had beaten back a rebellious element of Water.

After the last battle, Leothiel mounted his seahorse to look for a sandbar that had a flight master. The flight back to the Undercity filled him with thoughts. The worst thought was the realization that the whole elfin race has been fighting a civil war since the Sundering. Winter's Veil festival was drawing nigh. Leothiel made his way to the Orb of Translocation in the Undercity. He mounted his hawkstrider riding through the decorated streets of Silvermoon. Soon, the hawkstrider and its rider made their way into Eversong.

Inside the house, Haeldrin sensed something in the stables, said "Ann'da!" and ran. Leothiel heard the pitter-patter of Haeldrin's steps and was waiting to pick him up. Oneille made her way to the stables. Leothiel was more than happy to see her. She also sensed more power around him. "I have attained the 85th degree of initiation for magi. The work in the world remains unfinished. War will not keep us apart nor do I want it to deprive me of something to fight and live for. It won't deprive any of us of a Merry Winter's Veil." Haeldrin was tiring out and was asleep when Leothiel and Oneille tucked him into his bed.

The next day, the words about war came back to haunt Leothiel: For the first time, even his sister Vira would be unable to visit Quel'thalas. That notion gave him a swift kick in the stomach. He would also have difficulty in sending his family a Winter's Veil package. The notions were soon pushed to the back of his mind when he felt something moving in his arms: Oneille placed their infant daughter Islanna into his arms. For the sin'dorei father intent on rebuilding his land and his house, the fields deprive him of his family but the price would be much higher had he not become involved.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:07 pm

*Last day of Winter's Veil*nn*Eversong*nnThe Quel'thalas Frosthawks were preparing to sit down for the final dinner of Winter's Veil. That year had been a year of great change. They reflected on the birth of Islanna, the elemental invasion, which concluded with the Day of Deathwing. Among the things that saddened them was the breakdown in communications between the Horde and Alliance side. This would be the first year they found themselves unable to send anything to or receive anything from Leothiel's family in Stormwind. This year was also sad even in the Quel'thalas Frosthawks in that Thieldren had estranged himself with the two brothers talking briefly a few times during the elemental invasion but unable to reconnect with each other.nnAfter the family sat down for the Winter's Veil toast, some footsteps were stomping into the dining room. That sounds like Thieldren he thought. His thought was right. Thieldren came in and nearly kneeled saying "Brother, can you forgive me for becoming a stranger?" Leothiel took a look at him, motioned him to rise and replied "There is no need to kneel. I forgive you." The two brothers embraced for the first time in a couple of years. Oneille quickly made a spot at the table for the Winter's Veil meal. Leothiel made yet another toast, but this time to Thieldren.nnThe meal went well into the evening hours with Leothiel and Thieldren swapping stories. There was time for catching up with Oneille and Haeldrin. Thieldren even held his infant niece Islanna for the first time. This is the girl named for our sister. When the clock struck midnight, it was time to celebrate the end of a rough year.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:52 am

The first days into the new year reminded Leothiel of the joys and trials of remaining home. The dragonhawks in the stables were still calm. Leothiel spent some time wondering when he could introduce the proper care and feeding of them to Haeldrin. Oneille had been spectacular at maintaining the nests. Leothiel also remembered that raising the dragonhawks when he was an elfling was why he did not have time for major mischief.nnThe first days was also a time for telling stories. For Haeldrin, it was about more than the various tales that Oneille told him: It was about his father doing his part at healing the elements. Leothiel even told about the various races he had met in his recent travels and made sketches of them. Oneille was fascinated by some of the races and the stories.nnLeothiel's departure was bittersweet. He liked the home that he had built. However, his recent travels have given him greater reverence for the elements. It was now time to descend to the inside of the world to a cavern called "Deepholm," which was the home of the broken World Pillar, the former home of Deathwing, and now the current home of the Earth Mother Therazane.

Asarelah
Elder
Elder

Postby Asarelah » Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:29 am

Asarelah laid the most recent letter from her beloved daughter, Oneille, down before her, rubbing her temples. Looking up from her desk at her apprentice, and tapping the letter before her, she said with concern....nnChali, Onei sends word... Lord Frosthawk treads the wastes of Deepholme. And I know how he is... Fearless, and most likely challenging anything that crosses his path with nothing more than his keen wits and skill to win the day, regardless of the number of foes before him. Go there at once. See what you can do to aid him. And see to it that he returns to my daughter with his skin in tact!!nnChaliyphah nodded her agreement, and with haste, took flight for Deepholme.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke

Nyxian Trustee Asarelah Trueheart
Oracle, Retired. Ambassador at Large. Watchdog, on Duty.

Leothiel
The Lost and the Fallen
The Lost and the Fallen

Postby Leothiel » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:23 am

*Right after Leothiel's departure from home after Winter's Veil*nnThe trip through the portal put any thought about Leothiel's family to the back of his mind. He had a future to secure for them by trying to rebuild a shattered world. The place to which he had returned was Deepholm. Some time before Winter's Veil, he had been tracking down the first of three missing fragments of the World Pillar. It was a success. However, there were two more that needed finding. The place was open to the sky yet it was devoid of sunlight as if it was its own plane of existence. The light in the place seemed to be otherworldly and even showed from the crystals that were everywhere.nnLeothiel's work took him through swamps where the water was made of some type of metal that was liquid at normal temperature. The worms were of great curiosity as they were made from rings of the very rock of the place. Even the dragons were made of rock. No matter how much he had accomplished in tracking down the remaining pillar fragments, he still felt like he did not belong there. Even the recovery of the second fragment made him feel like an outsider. Soon, he met an unusual-looking being made of stone similar to what he had seen in Maraudon.nnBefore him stood a woman made completely of rock with a large belly and a pair of large breasts covered by her long purple hair. She floated above the ground on her vestigial legs while even he lifeless rocks and crystals moved at her command. This was Therazane the Stonemother, the Elemental Lord of Earth. Could this be the Earthmother in whom the Shu'halo place their faith? The Earthen Ring were not welcome by her although she saw why they had come. She was angry that "fleshlings" had murdered her daughter Theradras. A pang of guilt overcame Leothiel as he had trials that involved killing her.nnAfter much work, the final fragment of the World Pillar was recovered. The Twlight's Hammer was disgusted at their loss. the Earthen Ring called on both Alliance and Horde to defend the Temple of Earth while they restored the pillar. Leothiel stayed close to the pillar to freeze anyone who tried to sabotage the Earthen Ring's work. At first, the cultists trickled in. Soon, their numbers grew. Eventually, their high priestess came in to dispatch the group. The pillar was restored despite the fighting. Soon, the cultists felt the wrath of all of the elements, magic, blades, and arrows that the Earthen Ring, Alliance, and Horde could provide.nnTherazane asked the Earthen Ring to leave after they have cleaned up but welcomed the Alliance and Horde to her domain.

Return to “Library of the Sages”