Just Another Day (Open)

WoW Lore, Nyx Lore, Past Events, Fan Fiction and RP stories

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Tylothas

Just Another Day (Open)

Postby Tylothas » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:30 pm

It is another hot day in Orgrimmar. Two young Sin'dorei men are walking through the Goblin slums, side-by-side. One blood elf, dressed in elegant plate armor, speaks to the other. "Do you think this moody silence makes you a different person? An elf can not simply change by his power alone." ... Silence answers the dark haired elf, Kaedar, and thus he continues, "You are not the first person to have ever enlisted into war, cousin. It can cause great changes in people, but you Tylo'thas... I know.. This isn't the 'new you' that you wish Kamili would no-", Kaed is cut off mid-sentence as his cousin turns hastily to face him, "This isn't about her, and you need to stop bringing it up! I'm not the type to sulk about a silly little orc princess. If she wants to be with that idiot, then she can have him. I am a follower of Lady Nyx now, and I thought you would have been proud of me for actually doing something with my life. You have the Light or whatever, and I have Tribe Nyx. I pledge myself to them, and by doing so, I also hope to better myself as a person. Why must you relate everything to the past?" Kaedar backs up, placing his palms out in front of him, smiling, "Whoa, calm down there Ty. I didn't mean anything by it. It's dropped, okay? Ever since you got back.. you've just been so moody." nn Taking a deep breath, Tylo'thas put his thoughts together before speaking. "I'll admit, she did play a part in my leaving to join the Vanguard. That is behind me now, and I've other things on my mind." Taking a moment longer to contemplate what he needs to say, Ty continues, "You see, as a member of the tribe, I feel that I have certain obligations and duties to uphold. The Twilight Hammer, for instance. Long ago, Nyx was charged with dispatching these crazed cultists, and here they are running amok in Azeroth. Deathwing has destroyed much of the world, and corrupted the elements as well. I feel as if the world is in turmoil, and there is nothing I can do by myself. Warriors of the tribe have been doing their best, but I feel we need better guidance and communication. Although I myself am still new to this, I feel that it is Nyx's time to step up and take charge."nn "So, this isn't about a girl?" Tylo grimaces, a soft breeze ruffling his long chestnut hair. The heat in Durotar was something he had yet to get used to since moving in with his cousin, as even the breezes blew warm air. Before replying, he mutters an anti-perspiration spell and continues walking towards the Auction House. "You know.. when I tend bar, I'm often tipped more than just gold. I have a sheet of paper with mailing addresses on them. All beautiful women that come to the bar to see me, and to laugh at my witty jokes."nn "You're a terrible liar, Ty. How many dates have you been on since-"nn "Since Kamili ditched me for Rokdar?"nn "I was going to say, 'Since you left the Philatory', but that applies as well I believe."nn Tylo'thas bypasses the auction house, and pulls out a stone from within his pocket. "Oh, look at this.. the Tribe needs my assistance. I'm sorry to have made this conversation so short Kaed." Ty frowns as he heads in the direction of Orgrimmar's entrance. "If I'm not back tonight, just assume I've met another beautiful lady. Best wishes on your celibate sober nights, cousin. I'll more than likely be neck-up in sin." Kaedar sighs in response to Tylo'thas, bidding him only a farewell hand wave.nn----------------nnn Moments after having lied to Kaedar about official guild business, Tylo'thas stands in front of the WarChief's message board. The usual fliers and warrants are there, all uninteresting to Tylo'thas. He has already done his fair share of fighting against the Alliance, and though the underwater business of Vashj'ir was left unfinished, he doesn't have plans of going back. He has been relieved of duty, temporarily, as all soliders must endure a resting period. No doubt, he will be called upon again, but for now, Ty is supposed to be spending time with- with who? That is an important question best left shoved into the back of his mind.nn The paper that catches his eye is purple in color, making it very unusual. Without so much as a second thought, Tylo'thas plucks the paper from the board, and takes a closer examination. nn It's all scribed in symbols of some sort... Unreadable.. The only thing Ty notices different is that the paper is plain and white now. Had he imaged that it was a different color before? Stroking his chin, he wonders how he should procede from here.nn Stuffing the paper in the front pocket of his robe, Ty withdraws a stone. Speaking clearly into this magical rock, Tylo'thas speaks out to anyone willing to listen, "Hello Nyxians.. Is there anybody listening that knows anything about translation? I have something here and.. hmm.. I can't decipher any of it."

Shixin
Elder
Elder

Re: Just Another Day (Open)

Postby Shixin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:22 pm

Shi'Xin walked back to the ancient wooden trestle table that occupied nearly half his study. The table was so heavily laden with dog-eared tomes, moth-eaten parchments, hard puddles of beeswax that were once candles, and scrolls of all sizes, that it fairly groaned when he gingerly placed the ink pot with fresh blackfathom ink upon it. nn"I really must get an apprentice one of these days," he said absently to the table as he bent back to his task. Like a dancer preparing for their steps, Shix took up his quill in preparation for the new set of glyphs. Grabbing his right sleeve with his left hand, he smoothed it down to the bottom of the cuff and pulled it straight across his chest in a fluid, graceful motion that was so inidicative of elven poise. Even dipping his quill in the ink was a matter of ritual, getting just the right amount of ink on the tip in exactly the right position so the stroke would start bold and taper to a--nnJust as the tip of the quill was about to touch the enchanted bone fragment, his pocket called out loudly, "Hello Nyxians.. Is there anybody listening that knows anything about translation? I have something here and.. hmm.. I can't decipher any of it." The voice echoed slightly in the once still room. Shi'Xin's hand remained frozen over the bone chip, he closed his eyes briefly. Straightening up, he dropped his sleeve and groped in his pocket for the guild stone. As he brought it out, he murmured a single word in elvish,"al'vocilo." nnResonding to the disembodied voice, he spoke into the stone, "Bal'a dash, Tylo'thas. Yes, I can read and write a few languages. What is it you seek?"

Tylothas

Postby Tylothas » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:10 am

Tylo'thas answers Shi'xin's response, "Hello Shix. I, ah, I have come across this strange paper from the Warchief's Board in front of Orgrimmar, but.. Everything written on it is in a different language of sorts. If you have the time to teleport to Orgrimmar, I'll be waiting near the entrance."nn Ty leans against a hard stone wall, peering from the stone in one hand, to the paper in the other. Something was definitely odd here, and he hoped Shi'xin would be able to translate.nn (I just make things up, so.. you can do the same. I've no idea what it says. )

Desias Stormfalcon

Postby Desias Stormfalcon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:22 pm

Wylenus had been walking around Orgrimmar, garbed in his full Kirin Tor outfit. It was only a couple days since he finally took his leave from Dalaran, but he was beginning to regret it after being bumped into countless times from unskilled flying mount trainees and being caught in the streets bustling with "idiots" which he referred to them as, and the likes. His ears perked up as he heard the call from his stone and sighed with relief.nn"Finally, something to do..."nnHe flicked his wrist to in a gesture to have his stone levitate next to his head and made his way to the message board very casually.nn"This is Magister Wylenus. I'm sure I can provide any assistance so long as it gets me out of this crowded trade district."nnWylenus grunts as he bumps into a passing orc who gives him a glare. Wylenus' face remains casual as he casts a slow spell on the orc and smirks as he tries to run after him.nn"Idiots...all of them..."
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nahl fhtagn.

Wylair

Postby Wylair » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:58 pm

"Hmm, seems there's something to do besides sitting in this inn at Splintertree Post," thought Wy to herself.nnWy then proceeded to mount onto her windrider and make a bee line for Orgrimmar. She then proceeded to hover for a few moments at a relatively high altitude directly above where Tylo'thas was waiting for Shi'Xin's arrival before diving straight downward and pulling level just in time to safely land on the ground in front of Tylo'thas.

Shixin
Elder
Elder

Postby Shixin » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Just as he was about to open a portal to Orgrimmar, Shi'Xin heard Wylenus' familiar voice emanate from the stone.nn"Ah, Wylenus, glad you are nearby," said Shix into the stone on his end. "Tylo'thas, Wylenus is a mage in high standing with the Kirin Tor, having resources even I don't possess. Though I might edge him a trifle in the power languages, you'll find few better than him when it comes to the languages of Azeroth."nnShix turned back to head down the hall leading to his study. After a moment, he added, "but do keep me apprised of the situation. I'm not so busy as to not be curious as to what you've found." With that, he disappeared into his scrolls and inks once more.

Tylothas

Postby Tylothas » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Tylo'thas startles at the arrival of Wy, not having expected her. After a moment of listening to the guild stone, Tylothas commented, "That is an excellent idea. I can tell you now, you'll have a hard time translating thi-" nn Tylo'thas stops mid-sentence upon noticing a change in the paper's markings.nn "What's this? I.. hmmm.." Tylo'thas takes a moment to read the parchment outloud.nn"I don't understand... earlier it was jarbled non-sense. Now... well, it reads: Adventurers, there have been an unusual number of disappearances in the Ruins of Gilneas. We suspect the Alliance are retaliating by capturing any and all members of the Horde in that area. Scout it out and find those that are missing."nnn Frowning, he didn't really want to be bothered with going all the way out to what once was Gilneas. Though, he had never been, and he was looking for something to occupy his time. Turning toward Wy, and holding the guild stone in his hand, he speaks to everyone at once, "So.. Who all is coming along?"

Wylair

Postby Wylair » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:40 pm

Tylothas wrote:Tylo'thas startles at the arrival of Wy, not having expected her. After a moment of listening to the guild stone, Tylothas commented, "That is an excellent idea. I can tell you now, you'll have a hard time translating thi-" nn Tylo'thas stops mid-sentence upon noticing a change in the paper's markings.nn "What's this? I.. hmmm.." Tylo'thas takes a moment to read the parchment outloud.nn"I don't understand... earlier it was jarbled non-sense. Now... well, it reads: Adventurers, there have been an unusual number of disappearances in the Ruins of Gilneas. We suspect the Alliance are retaliating by capturing any and all members of the Horde in that area. Scout it out and find those that are missing."nnn Frowning, he didn't really want to be bothered with going all the way out to what once was Gilneas. Though, he had never been, and he was looking for something to occupy his time. Turning toward Wy, and holding the guild stone in his hand, he speaks to everyone at once, "So.. Who all is coming along?"
nn"Just a second ago that paper was filled with ominous symbols, but now it's telling you to travel to Gilneas? I'd be very wary of that piece of parchment if I were you, best travel in a large group if you still intend to find yourself in Gilneas," said Wy.

Tylothas

Postby Tylothas » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Tylo'thas nodded agreeingly toward Wylair, speaking to both her and the Guildstone.nn "You're absolutely right. It wouldn't make sense to travel to Gilneas, of all places, alone. I take it that means you'll be coming? As for the translation of the paper, I'm sure it's something new they're trying. Maybe it was enchanted so that only the Horde could read it, and it takes a moment to assess allegiance within the beholder?"nn Obviously, Ty has no idea why the paper translated by himself, but he's still willing to group together and uncover the truth of the disappearances in Gilneas.

Wylair

Postby Wylair » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Tylothas wrote:Tylo'thas nodded agreeingly toward Wylair, speaking to both her and the Guildstone.nn "You're absolutely right. It wouldn't make sense to travel to Gilneas, of all places, alone. I take it that means you'll be coming? As for the translation of the paper, I'm sure it's something new they're trying. Maybe it was enchanted so that only the Horde could read it, and it takes a moment to assess allegiance within the beholder?"nn Obviously, Ty has no idea why the paper translated by himself, but he's still willing to group together and uncover the truth of the disappearances in Gilneas.
nn"Nah, I see dem symbols before, dey no give good vibe, magics be way beyond the skill of that warchief fellow too. I come wit you to wolfie land, I bring my wolves too!" said Wy, not caring to keep up her easy to understand dialect up any longer.nnWy made a flourish with her hands and suddenly two transparent wolves appeared by Wy, and a moment later Wy herself transformed herself into a transparent wolf.

Return to “Library of the Sages”