Azure Winds and the breeze to come

WoW Lore, Nyx Lore, Past Events, Fan Fiction and RP stories

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Tarja

Azure Winds and the breeze to come

Postby Tarja » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:25 am

Rain. Who knew it could sting like this… nnShe thought to herself, blocking blows with a shield, the sound of metal upon metal was loud, but it was something, she was used to. She heard her name, or rather, her nickname, followed by a cry of pain. “Ayria” pushing on the shield, throwing the attacker back, she hurled her sword into them, slinging the shield.nn“Gavin?” nnShe stopped, mud swooshing under her feet, as she saw him fall, a sword, through his chest. She ran once more, her feet slipping as she fell several times, the blue and silver armor, now covered in tinges of earth. She crawled on her hands and knees, over to him. He lay, gasping for breaths, as she sat down beside him, lifting his head, she placed it within her lap. nn“Gavin, don’t you leave me here…” nnHe smiled, lifting a weak, mud covered hand to her face, Blonde locks caked to his cheeks in the fallen rain, mud staining ends of it. nn“Thank you.. for staying” nnShe smiled faintly, leaning into his touch, biting back the tears that seemed to welling up in her eyes. nn“No tears Ayria.. It’s never been your thing.”n“you always said I needed a ’new’ thing….” nnHe smiled softly, and closed his eyes, taking in a deep breath. nn“Ayria, do me one favor….Find your happy…it was never me…this, was forced on you…I know this…You stayed, for me.. for them…never, for you… it’s your turn…I love you” nnShe looked down, her hand caressing his face, his head, in her lap… [“Don’t…leave me..” nNo response… she lowered her head, down to his. Saying only the word “Don’t…” nnn========nnn“This place is to big for just one person….”nnshe crossed her arms, leaning upon a marble banister, she looked down at the ring on her finger with a heavy sigh. nn“I never wanted this…”nnShe drew her eyes across the lands that lay beneath her. It was his estate…their…estate. nnThe white colored gown, blew within the breeze, as it fought to cling to her figure. It had been a few months now…she felt guilty, that she was more upset over him leaving her alone.. then the fact that he was…gone. nnMulling it over in her mind, it didn’t even make sense to her…but it’s how she felt, it couldn’t be wrong, could it? nn“why did you have to go? Why’d you leave me alone in this place.. with these people…Why did you bring me into this life… “ She stopped, and inclined her head with a slight chuckle. nn"And this is the part, where you’d laugh, and wrap your arms around me…while I pull away, and leave you alone to wonder why it is, Ill never love you..” nnshe bent over, laying her head upon her hands, that rest upon the banister.. nn“what you never knew, is that in my own way…I did…..” nnShe heard the pattering of footsteps behind her, as she turned to look, a dark haired male stood in front of her.nn “Really not in the mood for anything you have to say right now..” nn“To bad for you. Your going to hear it anyway.” he spoke, the arrogance dripped from his voice like bits of venom off a blade. nn“There is to be a ceremony on the setting of the sun, tomorrow. You will be given his metals, and the title, he always wished you to have.” nn“I don’t want the title. I *NEVER* did. But morale, you said. It would rally the troops to see the commander married. YOU DID THIS. And it’s your fault, HE IS NOT HERE.” nn“You act as though, arranged marriages are unheard of. It worked, he won us many battles, and he did so, knowing, he had you to come home to.” nn“He did it, because it’s what he was good at. It had NOTHING to do with me.”n nAnother voice chimed in, this one, was broken, slurred. nn“It has a lot to do with you Zia. Actually, you’re the reason he lived. He loved you that much” nn“Oh gods. Drax.. what have you been drinking?” nn“What ever I can get my hands on doll.” nnShe sighed pushing her way past both men. nn“Perhaps this place, isn’t big enough after all, seeing as I can’t get away from either of you. Wastes of flesh. Both of you…” nn“I’ll never understand her.“ the dark haired man spoke to the other “Everything, was GIVEN to her. A life, many would kill to have. Love, Luxury. At her fingertips!” nnDrax spoke, a sly smirk simply played past his lips. nn“That’s the problem. It was GIVEN to her…she’s a wild spirit…. Can’t be broken…she has to earn it, to enjoy it.” nn“What would you know Drax, you are nothing but a drunken cad” nn“A lot more then you, apparently Arel’goeth.” nnDrax past the eloquently dressed blood elf, going after her. He yelled throughout the marble hallway, causing an echo. nnShe flinched, thinking to herself. nKill that blood elf. nn“Zia…wait…” nnShe stopped and sighed. “what…is it Drax.. I just really want to be left alone…have to get used to it anyway.” nn“I know you miss him…I do to…You forget, he was -my- best friend..” nnShe smiled softly, inclining her head, but never turning around. “I could never forget.. you picked him up, when I could not…which was all to often…” nn“You’d be surprised. Just watching you sleep, brought him joy then any other in this world. He did adore you, he always had. Everyone knew that.” nn“everyone but me…apparently…” nnDrax smirked, tugging on her hair playfully. “well, you were asleep…how would you have known?"nn“Smart ass…” nn“I try, wouldn’t want to disappoint.” nn“YOU?! Disappoint? Not possible..” they chuckled for a moment and then both fell silent as their minds, caught up with them. nnShe finally asked..nn“Any word on Esadara?” nnThe man frowned, shaking his head. The shimmer within the forest colored orbs, was faint, faith, his faith, was starting to dwindle. nn“None…” nn“I’m sure they’ll find her..” nnHe pulled a flask from his belt, and raised it into the air.. “here’s to hoping..” nnShe reach up, taking the flask from him.. “No more Drax…you’ve had way too much as it is..” nnShe sighed, taking the flask, and downing it herself. nn“I just don’t …like being alone…” n“no one does Zia.. No one does..”
UC of G&N
Watchdogs have never looked this good before.

Return to “Library of the Sages”