Lady Nyx

Sketches, 3D modeling, and various other artworks created by guild members

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Lady Nyx

Postby Aitana » Thu May 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Warburn, Ianodil and I have been talking to Elena about some artwork for the web site and we were talking about coming up with images of Lady Nyx or other images that are uniquely significant to what it means to be a member of this guild. What image do you think of when you think of Lady Nyx?nnHere is the interpretation Swanthula had:nImage

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Thanoss

Re: Lady Nyx

Postby Thanoss » Thu May 27, 2010 6:40 pm

For some reason despite knowing the guild's lore related to Nyx, I've always associated her as some kind of envoy of darkness (Nyx from mythology was the goddess of night after all). I think the above picture looks AWESOME, as it portrays an almost goddess-like entity that wields a powerful wrath and knows it, which is exactly how she should be. But I also think it's just as important that she carry a darkness about her, a sort of looming impression that is mysterious yet obvious, that can inflict fear without a source... hard to capture in a picture, I know, I'd draw it myself but I'm definitely no artist.
"Even Gods Know Fear" - Thanoss Quel'Furon

Warburn
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Warburn » Thu May 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Don't worry any "official" (i.e. image published and endorsed by the oracles) will be shrouded in darkness and mystery!nnThe above image is not colored, keep in mind. Shaded and colored you might think of it differently. Still, we have no official image of her yet. That's what this thread is about, to find/create one.
Warburn 80 Shaman / Azim dah MIGHTY 80 Warrior / Mustakrakesh 70 Priest
Oracle of Lady Nyx and Stone Guard of the Horde.

Lokistrazsza
Known Alliance
Known Alliance

Postby Lokistrazsza » Thu May 27, 2010 9:55 pm

Warburn wrote:Don't worry any "official" (i.e. image published and endorsed by the oracles) will be shrouded in darkness and mystery!nnThe above image is not colored, keep in mind. Shaded and colored you might think of it differently. Still, we have no official image of her yet. That's what this thread is about, to find/create one.
nnlol I almost took your picture from the RL pictures thread earlier and pasted it in here, but I thought better of it.
"As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I have no fear, for I am the meanest mother****er in the whole valley." - Gen. George S. Patton

Aitana
Oracle
Oracle

Postby Aitana » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:22 pm

Auwashi wrote:Hey AitanannI don't have full access anymore ((Understandable and I'm not asking for it back I wouldnt do that)).nnCan you post this in the artwork thread please? =)nn~GinonnnnImageImage Editing Made Easy

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Talahzaram

Postby Talahzaram » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:25 pm

That's great. She looks almost mournful. As if she sees something in the flame, or knows of something.nnIn a book from the series 'Dragonlance' a character tells of a man "Who's crime was so great that the gods themselves came together to decide his punishment." He had been given the power to see into the future and died horribly. For to see into the future is to steal away the one thing that gives us all a reason to go on through the most trying of times: Hope.
By the light of the Shining Abyss, let it be so.

Return to “Gallery of the Artisans”