"Even Gods Know Fear" - Thanoss Quel'Furon

WoW Lore, Nyx Lore, Past Events, Fan Fiction and RP stories

Moderators: Lunar Guard, The Gloaming

Thanoss

Postby Thanoss » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:27 am

The air is still and quiet... the sky a clear, pitch black, not a star to be seen... the moon seeming to shine a broad ray of silver light upon all but a single, abandoned home lying before you -- it's as though the moon itself is ashamed to set eyes upon it. Already you feel a sudden need to leave this place, but such an act would be to betray the bravery and pride you've long worked hard to build within yourself as well as among others. You're better than this; nothing will stop you from fulfilling your mission.nnYou're here for the most valuable reward of all: knowledge. As a faithful follower of the Lady Nyx, you represent her now as you step further into the haunting aura which envelops this place. Forget your own bravery and pride, forget what your peers think of you... you would never betray Her. You're here to learn more about one of your tribe's newest members, and as the wise have taught you, information is invaluable; you must know if you can trust this man, for yourself, your peers, and for Her. In blatant defiance of your own fear, you turn the doorknob and step boldly forward into the building... the building once known as the Sunhawk estate.nnYour step is slow and careful, as the boarded windows prevent any light aside from that which you've invited. Your other senses tell you things which your eyes cannot: the elements have long had their way with anything of value within, as indicated by the musty feel in the air, the mild stench of decayed wood, the creaking of the structure itself as it reacts to a new presence... And then you feel it, the true source of the dark aura. The hair on your skin stands on end, as minute pulses of energy radiate through your body.nnAs if on cue, a spark ignites from the other end of the home. Despite its distance from you, you're forced to squint your eyes at first as they've adjusted properly to the previous lack of light. You see the spark seem to hover over what your eyes can barely make out to be a hand. The hand guides the floating flame downwards a moment before meeting a fireplace, lighting it and thus illuminating the area. In your final moments of adjustment, you see the blurry outline of a man kneeling close to the fireplace. Before you can make him out, he's stood and walked out of the light into a nearby dark corner. Maybe he hasn't seen you yet...nn"Come in," a voice calls out. "Make yourself at home."nn...Apparently he has seen you after all. As though in an act of both calmness and defeat you sigh and step toward the freshly-lit fire, simultaneously introducing your image to the man as well as curing the chill of the stagnant night. Whether his invitation is true or a trap, you're trusting enough in your own skills to know you're in no great harm.nnSuddenly a growl emanates from behind you. You quickly turn, weapon drawn, to find a vicious demon on all fours only a few feet from you, baring its teeth as it snarls in your direction. The tentacles weaving through its skin ending in what seem like antennae from its head allow you to recognize it as a felhunter, a common minion for a warlock.nn"Relax, Khuumyn," the voice continues. "If they were out to kill me, they wouldn't have come hunting for me here..."nnYou turn towards the voice to see a pair of glowing green eyes staring back at you. Despite whatever willpower you may have, you can't bring yourself to look away from them, as though they lock you in their gaze. After a moment's pause, he continues: "I take it you came here for something."nnAs he blinks you easily disengage the stare, nodding towards the eyes. Before you can say anything however he seems to read your mind. "Yes, coming to my parents' home, I can only assume you're after information pertaining to me. Must've worked hard to connect this place to me."nnYou finally manage to get in some words, smirking as you speak. "You don't make it easy, Thanoss."nnThe man emits a dark, sinister chuckle from within the shadows, sending chills down your spine. To add to the unease, he steps forward into the radiant light, showing himself to you as Thanoss Quel'Furon, one of the newest additions to your tribe's ranks. His advance is sudden, and almost deliberately threatening, triggering your reflex to draw your weapon. The felhunter behind you lets out a shrill bark, startling you into the following reflex of attacking any threat near you, more specifically the man coming towards you.nnYour blade penetrates deep into Thanoss' chest. You're almost certain you've pierced his heart. He lets out a cry in agony as you drive the blade until its handle meets his chest, the other end reflecting the fire's light as it bursts from his back, dripping with blood. You've just killed a fellow member of the tribe... certainly an intolerable offense. But surely this would be justified; he came at you suddenly, and his demon's presence marked you outnumbered... Who would blame you for reacting as such?nnWith a final shove you push the now motionless body away from you back into the shadows, hearing it land with a dull thud followed by the gradual creak of the floorboards beneath it, the light in his eyes fading. With Thanoss dead, the information you were after now has no value; there's no sense researching someone who is no longer a threat to you or your peers. With a final sigh you turn to leave, only to find the felhunter still there, growling at attention. "Impossible," you think to yourself. "Demons always fade with their masters..."nnA low groan gradually comes from behind you as you slowly turn, followed by the sickening sound of steel slicing flesh. Suddenly your blade seems to be tossed from the corner from which Thanoss fell, landing on the ground in front of you, saturated in blood.nn"That... was completely uncalled for..."nnIn horror you look up from the blade to see the glowing green eyes looking back at you once more. On instinct you quickly snatch your blade up then dart back past the felhunter, holding your best stance as Thanoss staggers out of the shadows. He chuckles at you again, blood flowing from the corner of his mouth, dripping down to meet the massive wound left upon him by your weapon. His breathing seems labored at first, then progressively improves as the large wound on his chest slowly begins to heal before your very eyes.nn"What are you?" you demand. Even trolls, infamous for their regenerative abilities, couldn't recover like this... much less from a lethal strike.nnThanoss lets out a sigh. "That's a difficult question to answer." He points to a chair positioned to the side of the fireplace, opposite of one near him. It reminds you of those you've seen within Silvermoon City's inns. "Have a seat, my friend... If you wish a satisfying answer to your question, then we'll be here awhile."nnCautiously you move to the chair he's pointed to, slowly sitting down as your eyes dart between Thanoss and his demonic minion, your grip remaining tight on your soaked blade, ready to strike again should you be required to. As you sit, Thanoss moves to the other chair and casually sits down, his eyes keeping locked onto yours. He sets his bloodied right hand over the edge of the chair, and you watch in disgust as he allows his felhunter to come and lick the blood from his hand.nn"We might as well kill two birds with one stone while we're here," Thanoss begins. "Firstly, you came here because you're scrounging for information on the new members of your tribe. It's violating, unethical, and lucrative... I like it." He grins at you. "Secondly, you want to know what allows me to resist the certain death too easily bestowed upon others." He moves his now cleaned hand from in front of the felhunter's mouth, now petting it on its head like an owner would a dog. "In either case, for you to learn the truth, we must start from the beginning."
Last edited by Thanoss on Wed May 05, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanoss

Part 1: Fall of the Prodigy

Postby Thanoss » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:10 pm

For a moment, all that is heard throughout the home is the sharp, sudden cracklings of the fire and the raspy breathing of the felhunter; Thanoss remains silent as he seems to gather his thoughts, his eyes blank yet seeming to pierce your gaze, as though he's studying you. You allow yourself to at least seem more relaxed, however nothing gives you the assurance to lighten your grip on your weapon as you return the stare.nnHe eventually breaks the silence as though having stumbled across what he was searching for. "For this to make sense, you must know what they knew of me first." You're only given time to catch and mildly speculate who "they" are before he quickly elaborates for you. "I mean 'they' as in my previous establishment... or tribe, if you will... The Azerothian Dreamers."nnSome had heard of the clan in passing. What reputation they had was questionable, though often leaning on negative. What was more curious was this elf's willingness to admit to his allegiance to the Dreamers. Either he had no idea of their reputation, or it didn't matter to him. "Fine, tell me what you told them," you say, as though a way to expedite the story.nnHe nods, clears his throat, and begins.nn---nnSome years ago, there lived two champions of the Horde, considered by their immediate peers as among the greatest the Horde had to offer in the war against the Scourge: Virgil Sunhawk, one of the most decorated officers and most skilled paladins among Silvermoon's Blood Knights, and his wife Ashe Sunhawk, a masterful priestess that followed him anywhere his duties took him. Essentially an invincible two-man army, it's been said that armies of undead would fall before the might of these two, even without the support of allies. True champions of the Light, it was rumored by some that, given the time and support, they could have easily become the leaders of their race, helping head the Horde's charge to finish off the Scourge once and for all.nnBut this was not to be. The Lady Sunhawk became pregnant, and Virgil was adamant about taking a temporary leave from the militant forces to help raise the child. As the years passed, they bore three sons: Soleon the eldest, Arkaos the middle child, and Thanoss the youngest. As their sons grew, Virgil and Ashe were convinced that the pride of liberating their race from the undead forces would not be theirs, but that of their sons. With that, Virgil and Ashe retired and purchased an estate in Eversong, where they'd raise their sons to become the true leaders against the Scourge that they were meant to be.nnSoleon quickly proved to be the strongest of the three brothers, rivaling his father when it came to skill with the blade. He also possessed the humbling nature appropriate to make him a true paladin of the Light, and as such followed carefully in his father's footsteps, eventually becoming a lieutenant in the Blood Knights.nnArkaos, though lacking Soleon's strength, was often more energetic, and possessed a sharper eye and distinction for details that his other brothers lacked. Finding his niche via the bow and arrow, he trained to become one of the best rangers within the employ of Silvermoon's Farstriders, and like his older brother, attained a respectable rank in a short amount of time.nnThen came Thanoss. Unlike his brothers, he'd chosen the weapon of mind over the utility of strength or speed. Following more closely in his mother's footsteps, he trained constantly to become a priest of the Light, initially with the intent to support his allies on the field. Feeling the pressure to perform well due to his brothers' success, he overcompensated, not only matching their success but outdoing them to an unfathomable degree.nnAs his reputation on the battlefield increased, so did his power. At his peak, he was rumored to be capable of healing almost three hundred men by himself under relentless assault. Such did his power grow, that eventually he learned to not only support entire armies single-handedly, but also turn his powers of Light into a weapon to level armies of undead at the same time. During the last months of his service to the Horde, he was often sent to combat thousands of simultaneous impeding Scourge forces... alone... and would always return untouched, ready for his next assignment. Those who knew him or his family personally were certain that he had become the most powerful priest of his time.nnOne day, however, the lives of all three brothers would be changed forever. While all three were away on assignments, they each received word that a large Alliance force was converging on their home in Eversong, supposedly to assassinate their parents Virgil and Ashe. Immediately leaving their posts, the three brothers, coming from three separate corners of Azeroth, raced home to prevent the assault.nnThanoss was the first to arrive, just in time to see his parents going toe-to-toe with a small army of dwarves and humans. Quickly joining them, he was eventually able to vanquish many of their number until confronted by their leader, a human named Reinhardt, ironically a paladin of the Light with powers greater than Virgil's. Expending every ounce of energy he had, Thanoss fought valiantly against Reinhardt for some hours before finally being subdued by the paladin. Even Reinhardt knew of Thanoss' fame, and knew he would only go down one way. Blade in hand, he impaled Thanoss through the chest, then laid him to the ground at such an angle that he could watch his parents be attacked by the same man shortly before being consumed by the darkness of death.nnMany hours passed. Suddenly a surge of life seemed to wedge itself into Thanoss' body as he quickly sat up, gasping for breath. Laying beside him on his left was his brother Arkaos, groaning from multiple cuts and injuries that had left him battered, bruised, but unbroken. Kneeling by his right side was his brother Soleon, who carefully held him upright.nnRubbing Thanoss' back, Soleon tried to calm his youngest brother. "Take it easy... You've been dead a long time."nnThanoss turned and glanced at his brother, a look of shock in his eyes. "Dead?" He shuddered as a thought crossed his mind. "So, it wasn't a dream..."nnSoleon nodded. "Aye, I saw the guy that stuck you. Arkaos and I got here when you fell. You've been dead a good three hours." He chuckled light-heartedly at the thought.nnThis miracle would essentially redefine Thanoss forever. It was rare for anyone to be fully revived after a death spanning a few minutes, but three hours was unheard of. Soleon and Thanoss shared the belief that once you died, your soul left your body and was soon judged. Once judgment had taken place, the soul would be irrecoverable, and resurrection would be impossible. However, in complete defiance of this belief, Soleon had managed to retrieve a small portion of Thanoss' soul, bringing him back as incomplete, but more or less alive.nnSoleon suddenly stumbled to his side, laying next to Thanoss, exhausted from the miracle he had just performed. Thanoss laid back down next to his brothers for a moment before he remembered why they had all raced home in the first place. "Where's the old man? He show them Alliance rats that coming here was a mistake?" He grinned, imagining his mother and father fighting side-by-side once again, reestablishing their former greatness...nnBut the grin faded, as the silence that followed spoke volumes. A single tear slowly welled up in Thanoss' eye, eventually streaming down the side of his face as he stared quietly into the darkening sky above them. For hours the three of them laid in silence, all knowing that in the span of a few hours, their lives had changed forever.nnThere was no need for words. One by one, the sons of the legendary, and now late, Virgil and Ashe Sunhawk stood up, brushed themselves off, and walked in separate directions, never to see each other again.nn---nnYou let the story sink in for a moment, embracing the silence bestowed to you as Thanoss seems to take a moment for himself. Gradually you let your eyes wander to his, finding it hard to imagine a tear could come from a gaze so cold as his. Your eyes then shift to your blade, as pieces of a puzzle start coming into place.nn"One thing I've learned since then," Thanoss explains, "is that life and death are nothing more than common afflictions." Mid-thought, he reaches into his robes and pulls out a knife, so casual of a manner that you are certain his intentions with it have nothing to do with you. In the same casual demeanor, he takes the knife with one hand and cuts a line into the palm of the other before showing the wound to you.nn"Like any affliction," he continues, "if presented enough, the body will adapt to it. Like a common cold, you'll develop a resistance -- the greater the illness, the greater the following resistance." He points to the wound with the knife as though to illustrate his point, the wound bleeding a moment before slowly closing up, similar to the wound you'd inflicted on him before. Producing a grin, he puts away the knife before setting his previously wounded hand over the chair's edge, once more allowing his felhunter to feed from his blood.nnYou look away in disgust, focusing your sights back on Thanoss. "So what are you saying? You've died once, so now you can't die again?" The concept sounds as ridiculous as it would be frightening if it were true.nnThanoss lets forth a chuckle before shaking his head. "I never claimed to be immune to death, though for a period of time I believed myself a god among men." He pulls his now cleaned hand from his felhunter, then clasps his hands in front of him as he leans in toward you. "No, I attribute myself to having a resistance to death itself; my very body refuses its own demise, despite my soul remaining ravaged and weakened." He unclasps his hands and stares at his left palm a moment, the one which had held the knife previously. "For a while, I was convinced that by controlling the very essence of decay and destruction that I could become an immortal harbinger of death, taking vengeance on not just the man who killed my parents, but on those who followed the power which had apparently forsaken me."nnYou scoff at the man, his pompous, almost narcissistic ramblings giving you the undertone that somewhere in this story, someone had to have taught this man a lesson. You feel the need to know more, so you challenge him: "A man no longer alive, yet resistant to death? What could you possibly have to fear?"nnThanoss continues to stare a moment before showing you his left palm. To your surprise a long, dark scar covers it, clearly aged, yet looking very recent. "Impossible," you think to yourself. "He just showed that his body heals itself because of a 'resistance to death', yet now he's showing a scar that looks only days old." You look up at him in disbelief. It doesn't add up.nnHe pulls the hand back, staring back at you with a pained look in his eyes. "You misunderstand, my friend. What happened to me next taught me a very valuable lesson:nnEven gods know fear."

Thanoss

Part 2: Origins of Darkness

Postby Thanoss » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:02 pm

Thanoss slowly gets to his feet, walking over to the fireplace to tend to the dwindling flame. Watching as the light reflects upon his face, you can easily see the pained expression on his face slowly change to the emotionless state he's so often held under regular circumstances.nnNeglecting the use of any instrument, he rearranges the now charred pieces of wood with his bare hands, unphased even as they eventually ignite from the intense heat. As he finishes he brushes his hands together, smoldering the flames erupting from them, before remaining close to the fire. He keeps his hands close to the flames, as though to keep himself warm.nn"The fact that I had died in combat, only to be brought back hours later was the least of my gripes from the incident," he continues, staring intently into the dancing fire. "It was really two things about that experience that filled me with anger. For one, despite what I would like to believe was a greater knowledge, understanding, and faith in the Light than my opponent, I was still defeated by that same power." He lets out a sigh. "And for another, what I saw following my death made me believe that..." He lets out a shudder as he processes the thoughts. "...that I had been forsaken by the Light altogether."nnAgain, this wasn't making complete sense. If history has taught you anything, it's that the Light does not abandon its followers, but rather the followers who must abandon the Light. Arthas was a prime example of this... Thanoss must've done something to distance himself from the Light. "What did you see?" you ask curiously.nnHe lets out a mild chuckle, turning his head over his shoulder to glance at his felhunter. He nods his head towards the demon. "I saw him, Khuumyn... along with many others."nnNo shock there. If one was not embraced by the Light upon death, there were few other destinations for one's soul. As your journeys into Outlands had shown you, there were many demonic entities within the twisting nether. But Thanoss' angst over the matter seemed genuine, as though he truly believed he had been forsaken by the Light; he was convinced he had done nothing to deserve such a fate.nn"It's amazing," Thanoss went on, "how much knowledge they cram into you within only a few hours once you've crossed over..." He turns his head back to the fire, resuming a blank stare into the flames as the memories return to him one by one. "So there I was, resurrected. Scorned by the Light, possessing knowledge of demonic powers possessed by few among the living, a new obsession for vengeance, and a yearning to make the man who killed me suffer... I had only one choice." A dark aura suddenly seems to radiate from him as he turns to face you, his eyes now a fiery red. "I would become a warlock."nn---nnThunder and lightning bombarded the skies as rain poured upon the homes of Brill. All the buildings save one were dark, as the inn kept its doors open to wandering travelers all throughout the night, come rain or shine. The skeletal undead horses cried out from the nearby stables as a dark figure slowly hobbled by them, showing obvious signs of injury yet persistent in maintaining his tempo. A black robe covers his body, its hood hiding his face. Normal that some undead wear such garb, so as to hide their decomposing bodies.nnThe man reached the door to the inn and painstakingly opened it. He was immediately assaulted by delicious fragrances of food and alcohol, equally balanced by the stench of the decaying undead. Carefully he closed the door behind him before meandering over to the bar, swaying as he tried to avoid bumping into the other patrons. His presence was barely noticed, as he blended in almost perfectly among the dark, rambunctious crowd. He struggled to lift himself onto a barstool, then slumped his upper body onto the bar, letting out a groan of pain.nnThe bartender paid little attention to the man, convinced by his actions that a drink was likely out of the question. As he turned away however, he was startled to hear a cry come from the man. Unable to decipher the words the first time, he crouched closer to the man's head, buried into the bar as it rested. "Kindly repeat that, sah?"nnThe man struggled to lift his head, exposing a face of bright white skin, green eyes barely emitting a glow, blood trickling from the corner of his mouth. The bartender stepped back a moment, having realized that this was not a forsaken, but a blood elf... a nearly dead one at that. Now convinced that the dying blood elf was getting ready to speak his last words, he leaned in once more to hear what the elf had been trying to say:nn"...Your strongest hard liquor, please." The elf let out a labored cough, spilling more blood from his mouth as he promptly collapsed onto the bar table.nnThe bartender, considering it a last rite of some kind, nodded as he turned to pick out a bottle of their finest alcohol. As the dying blood elf laid there, struggling with each breath as though it could be the last, an elven knight sitting beside him, clad in dark plated armor, looked upon him with some interest.nnThe bartender shortly returned his stance to face the dying elf, holding a black vial marked only with an illustrated skull and X's. The elf, between gasps, managed to pull a few gold from his coin purse and slapped them onto the table as he snatched the vial from the undead bartender. With some newfound energy, the elf pulled himself away from the bar and continued to stumble past the table to a room behind it, housing the inn's chef and butcher, preparing food by the fireplace.nnThe plated elf quietly followed the dying one with a continued interest and curiosity. The dying elf seemed to nearly stumble into the chef by the fire, pulling him close and muttering a few words to him. Upon hearing these words, the undead chef produced an expression of fear, motioning for the butcher to follow him out of the room. The elven knight, ignoring the plea of the chef and butcher, brushed past them, now standing alone in the room with the wounded blood elf.nnStanding before the fire, convinced of his solitude, the wounded elf placed the dark vial on a nearby table. He then proceeded to remove the robe from his body, doing his best to muffle cries of agony as he does so. To the utter shock of the knight, the light of the fire managed to pierce through a gaping wound in the wounded elf's chest, protruding out the small of his back. Blood continued to pour from the wound, now pooling on the ground at the elf's feet. The rest of the elf's skin was bright white from the lack of blood, his veins and arteries a clearly visible deep blue as they were being worked to their maximum effect.nnRemaining silent, the knight continued to observe as the elf proceeded to grab the black vial. Popping the cork from the end, he poured the alcoholic beverage over the wound, the liquid sizzling as it disinfected the massive wound. The elf again managed to suppress a shriek of pain, as the reaction caused his blood to turn to a bubbling white liquid as it was being cleansed.nnFinishing the vial, the elf tossed it into the fire before reaching into the fireplace. Muffling yet another cry in pain, he used his bare hand to pick up one of the burning pieces of wood. Knowing what was coming, the knight looked away just before the elf placed the burning wood against his chest in an attempt to cauterize the wound. Through gritting teeth, the elf let out one final cry of agony before dropping the wood back into the fire and falling to his knees, limp and motionless, breathing heavily.nnThe knight turned his attention back to the wounded elf. To his surprise, the wound had stopped bleeding, and soon began to slowly heal. Deciding it was finally time to get some answers, the knight stepped forward and knelt next to the elf, checking on him.nnThe elf slowly turned his head to face the knight and grinned with bloodied teeth. "Enjoy the show?"nnThe knight looked the elf over, more amazed as he watched the elf's skin tone gradually return to normal. "Of course, you knew you were being watched the whole time..."nnThe elf nodded, the glow returning to his eyes. He spit the last of the blood from his system into the fire, then slowly staggered to his feet, the knight rising with him. "Sure is a long walk here from Eversong..."nnThe knight's eyebrows raised. "You walked from Eversong to here? Directly through the Plaguelands? You could've been killed..."nnThe elf laughed a bit, then shook his head. "Nah, I've dealt with death enough recently... And I was fine until..." He placed a hand on the drying blood on his chest, where the wound was previously. "I tell you, one of those Nerubians so much as scratch you, it's a struggle to the death even if you do manage to outrun them..."nn"Who are you?" the knight asked. "How did you... heal like that?"nnThe elf turned to face the fire, the smile fading from his face. "My name is Thanoss; my last name's not important anymore. I used to be a priest of the Light, but..." He looked at his hands and shrugged. "Well, let's just say the Light's not on my side anymore." He turned to face the knight, staring into his glowing blue eyes. "And you... Death Knight I see..."nnThe knight nodded. "Retired," he said jokingly. "Name's Solthas Quel'Furon, a scholar of the dark arts." The knight held his hand out to the elf.nnThanoss glanced at the hand then back up at the knight. "Dark arts you say?" He grinned as he gave a firm handshake to the knight. "I'd say, for meeting you, that fate is on my side..."nn---nnThanoss stands and steps away from the fire, returning to his seat opposite of you. He folds one leg over the other and clasps his hands before him, staring back at you. "In time, Solthas and I developed a symbiotic relationship. See, he had an odd fascination in the realization that I was technically dead, yet undying; able to rise from the grave, so to speak. In exchange for studying me, testing my limits and researching a way to replicate my situation, he taught me the dark arts."nnYou nod in understanding. Finally the origin of his current powers come to light, and with them a better understanding of where this man comes from. While nothing of his story thus far indicates foul deeds, you know the story isn't finished. "So what happened next?"nnThanoss lets out a sigh, turning to face his felhunter a moment before looking back at you. "Over time my powers grew. Then one day, without explanation, Solthas told me that he wouldn't be teaching me anymore about dark arts." He begins to grin. "But it was too late. He'd already taught me enough for me to capitalize on, you see... And I was capable of gaining exponential power without any assistance needed."nnHe reaches a hand over and resumes petting his felhunter as he continues. "At this point, I knew I was capable of attaining the power I needed on my own. But as we both know, knowledge is the true power... And for me to find Reinhardt, the man who took everything from me, I was going to need direction. As the saying goes, it's not what you know... it's who you know."nnYou nod again, knowing this is the part of the story that'll tell you what you're truly after. The events in his past up to this point only tell of his misfortune, playing him the victim, an innocent bystander among the unfairness of life's trials. Now came the part where Thanoss would finally take action, show his true colors, do what he would do to complete his objective.nnThanoss turns to you and grins once more. "I needed information. I needed to find a clan with members who wouldn't recognize me, yet would provide for me what I needed. I needed a guild that was both knowledgeable and naive, one that I could easily gain the trust of, and eventually turn to fulfill my own agendas."nnHe reaches into his pack and pulls out a tabard, tossing it to you. You unfold the tabard and hold it up before yourself, observing the pattern. The background is a deep red, with the symbol of a golden trident protruding from the bottom of the tabard. To each side of the trident were the initials "A" and "D". You drop the tabard to your lap and glare at the warlock. You know what's coming. It doesn't matter what you or anyone else has heard or thought on the matter... it's evident that Thanoss' true colors are dark, so dark that he seems all too quick to tell you just what went down.nnThanoss reads your expression and smiles. "That's right, my friend... This is when I manipulated the Azerothian Dreamers."

Thanoss

Part 3: Rise of the Corrupt God

Postby Thanoss » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:32 am

(( The following events have actually occurred in game as roleplay events. The telling of this segment is purely in-character, and is not meant to reflect my own opinions of the events. ))nnThanoss gradually brings himself to his feet, glancing over to the fire which snaps and crackles sharply in its own death throes, leaving more smoke than flame at this point. You control your instincts as he reaches toward you, grabbing the tabard from you, folding it and placing it in his pack. Looking to his felhunter then back at you, he smirks almost deviously. "Let's go for a walk, shall we?"nnWithout waiting for a response, he turns and casually walks out of the room, making for the exit with his demonic minion following close behind. It's as though he knows this is more particularly the information you're after, and that in order for you to attain it, things will go his way. You reluctantly get to your feet and chase after him, catching up to him and walking beside him so as to hear the rest of his story.nnThe three of you stroll out into the night, once again embraced by silence save your footsteps and the various guttural sounds uttered by the felhunter. The air remains crisp yet stagnant, not a breeze to be felt yet frigid nonetheless. You look up a moment, observing a now star-less sky, shrouded amongst the descending golden leaves perpetually discarded by the trees of Eversong.nnYou remain at Thanoss' side as he leads you through the gates of Silvermoon, the high statues of the Traitor Prince looming over you, as though judging you as you venture into his city. Coming into the city, you can't help but notice as the guards, while normally steadfast and focused, seem to look upon Thanoss as though he has caused some kind of disruption to their calm, yet none of them speak. As you continue through the halls, you pass various citizens of the city, some you recognize, others not so much. Few, however, seem to recognize Thanoss, casting a similar glare upon him as the two of you walk by. You take a moment to observe Thanoss, whose expression gives an impression that he's either used to this kind of treatment, or he simply didn't care.nnAs you look ahead you notice that he is now guiding you into the deeper of Silvermoon's inns. Inside the innkeeper makes a point of avoiding Thanoss, greeting you alone as you take a seat at the massive table in the inn's main hall. Glancing about the room, you notice it to be mostly empty and lifeless, yet you gain the impression that it was not always so. Thanoss, still casual as ever, takes a seat beside you, angling his chair so that he may face you as he continues his story.nn"The better part of a year ago," he begins, "after Solthas' teachings abruptly ended, I managed to stumble my way back into these halls, into this very inn." He reaches across the table at the always present bountiful feast at its center, grabbing a small slab of meat and tossing it to his felhunter. "When I arrived here, I was greeted by a band of brothers... Men and women donning tabards, calling themselves the Azerothian Dreamers. Claiming the inn as their base, they welcomed me with open arms as a visitor.nn"In time, they grew fond of me, and I adventured with some of their number, aiding them in the overthrow of such places as Shadowfang Keep and the Wailing Caverns. They eventually embraced me into their guild, ranked only as a common member. While I would assist in many endeavors, in time I would be overlooked, as I attended meeting after meeting seeming as nothing more than a spectator." He shakes his head, a look of anger on his face. "I was treated as insignificant... And unfortunately, I had to take it, act as though there was no problem.nn"But eventually my persistence paid off. I attended a particular meeting near the ruins of Quel'Thalas, where members who had earned recognition would be awarded promotions in rank among the Dreamers." He clenches his fist, a look of triumph on his face. "In that one meeting, I went from being one of the Dreamers' bottom-feeders to becoming their first Precept of Shadows, a significant rank all too endearing for one such as myself. I would be tasked with the stealthy assassination of the Dreamers' enemies, as well as off-setting the otherwise utopian views garnered by the guild." He lets out a laugh. "It was actually my job to instigate conflict within the Dreamers... and I was all too happy to fulfill such a task.nn"This was my chance to truly gain the guild's trust. I took advantage of such, growing in power at an exponential rate... To the shock of many, I eventually surpassed the seasons of the guild's leader, Elizsha. So focused was I on my new role, that I quickly completed my training, finally able to talk among the elite of the Horde once more, now a champion of darkness.nn"It was around this time that I met Cyneia and Vayn." He stops a moment, glancing down at his left palm, tracing the scar with his other hand. "Cyneia, a fledgling warlock as I had once been, whose beauty and mystery captivated me... Her lust for knowledge and power reminding me of what I had become. She was, in my eyes, perfect." He lets out a deep sigh, then shows you his scarred palm once more. "And it was this very hand that made her mine."nnYou stare at the hand in confusion, glancing back up at him, your brow raised. He sees your confusion, and is all too prepared to explain the situation. "As I said before, I was resurrected with only a piece of my soul intact after my fall to Reinhardt. Because of this, my soul had become weakened, but also flexible. This coupled with the knowledge I gained during my hours of death, I had learned an exquisite amount of information regarding the souls of mortals."nnHe takes a moment to reach into his pack, then pulls out a fist-sized, glowing purple crystal. Not an uncommon relic to be held by one such as him; you immediately recognize it as a soul shard, the main tool to the warlock's trade. "The soul is responsible for many things: identity, emotion, even memory. While to most of my kind these are all considered to be one single cohesive piece within the soul, in my studies I learned how to separate them." As he puts the shard back into his pack, it occurs to you that, if Thanoss truly had mastered what he's theorizing, he'd easily have the power to influence virtually anyone he could get close to...nnAs though in agreement to your thoughts, he smiles and nods. "Cyneia, while showing an obvious compassion for me, had also developed a lust for another individual. Me being the person I am, couldn't tolerate sharing someone with another... and I was more than committed to making her mine." He looks back upon his palm a moment before continuing. "...She was the first time I'd ever successfully destroyed a specific piece of someone else's soul."nnYour palms begin to sweat, your senses on high alert, your nerves shaking. You refuse under any circumstances to take your eyes off of this man. If his words were true, then so were your fears: he had actually learned how to essentially control the emotions, memories, and even identities of individuals given the opportunity. This wasn't some parlor trick like a priest's ability to momentarily mind control another individual... Thanoss could permanently destroy pieces of one's memory through the destruction of their very soul. If not for his ability to wield seemingly limitless power, or the fact that he was more resistant to death, than for this was he a force to be reckoned with.nn"Relax," he chimes in, almost making you jump. "I made an oath to never commit such an act again... unless of course one pleaded for such. To remember this oath, every day from that day forward I carved a scar into the hand which had committed the act. The only way I could keep it from healing was to saturate the blade in a necrotic poison, then retrace the scar every day. And every day I retraced that scar, I was reminded of how I had stolen the girl of my desires, possibly cheating her out of a better life, in no way truly earning or deserving her."nnThanoss stares at his hand a moment more before finally looking away. "But as it turns out, she proved to be a very powerful ally. While I had knowledge pertaining to the manipulation of one's soul, she had learned how to truly garner the soul's power and use it as a weapon. And by this time, she was all too willing to help me attain my goals of vengeance.nn"But of course, there had to be some resistance." He lets out a chuckle before pointing to a plaque on the wall. You squint to read the plaque, which reads 'To the sacrifice made by the purest light, in defiance of an umbral force.' You look back at him, who returns the look with his trademark blank expression. "The plaque is dedicated to Vayn, an empathic paladin also among the Dreamers' ranks."nn"Empathic paladin?" you ask. The term rang a bell, but wasn't something heard too often of an individual.nnThanoss nods. "So closely attuned was he to the Light that he would incur the pain of those around him, essentially helping them carry their own burdens. Very rare, even among the purest of the Light's followers... His powers and abilities would be deadly to one such as myself, whose very body and soul were in defiance of the Light.nn"Fortunately, at the time, he was an ally. And with his powers he could act as an envoy to the Light itself, beseeching its information for the benefit of his peers. And he did such for me." Thanoss clasps his hands before him. "I told him that my one desire was vengeance... To find Reinhardt and restore a balance which he had swayed. I thought it would be a long shot, but to my surprise, the Light granted my wish, and Vayn was able to tell me where Reinhardt was.nn"But as you know, using shadow against holy only results in a 50/50 chance of success; now that I wielded the power of shadow, I could do greater damage to followers of the Light at the cost of being crippled by the powers of the Light. And to make matters worse, as I said, my body and soul were theoretically undead. I was still at a slight disadvantage. I needed an ace in the hole, so to speak... Something that would give me the edge.nn"The opportunity presented itself in the form of a corrupt paladin named Leon. In his madness, he claimed himself the illegitimate son of Kael'thas Sunstrider, and considered it his calling to besiege the leader of the Dreamers, Elizsha." He takes a moment and shakes his head. "I often questioned his sanity, but found his mannerisms delightful... I'll admit, I secretly enjoyed watching him cripple our leader time and time again, for the simple sake of watching her fall...nn"One day, he attempted once more to slay Elizsha. But this time she was able to successfully subdue him, if only for a moment. I saw an opportunity, and took advantage of the situation." He lifts a hand and hovers it over the table, as though reenacting the scenario. "Placing a hand upon his chest, I was able to successfully extract a small portion of his soul. As I had predicted, the corrupt powers of Light he held could also be found in his soul, and possibly wielded by one such as myself.nn"So excited was I to have my vengeance, that I theorized that merely holding the shard, attempting to facilitate its powers directly would be enough to subdue a follower of pure light. With corrupt shard in hand, I headed to Darkshire, to Reinhardt's place of residence, and proceeded to battle him once more...nn"Sadly, I had been mistaken. The shard had proven useless in my plight, and Reinhardt made quick use of me, crippling me then exorcising my body. I managed to escape the wrath of him and his townsmen, but his exorcism had rendered my body unable to heal itself as it normally had before. I was wounded, bleeding away what life I had left, an inevitable death coming upon me.nn"Somehow I managed to stumble across the continent, back to Silvermoon. There, Cyneia greeted me in concerned shock before I collapsed in her arms. Mere seconds from death, I pleaded with her to fetch Vayn, the only one I could think of to be capable of saving me from a premature demise. As she left, I felt the last ounces of life slip from my body. In an act of desperation, I did the only thing I could think of at the time."nnThanoss takes a moment to pull the soul shard back from his pack. He holds it up, allowing the both of you to observe it closely. "As I said, my soul had become brittle yet flexible. And while I'd adopted an exquisite knowledge pertaining to the use of souls, there was one particular experiment which I had not yet attempted. It was all I could do to keep myself alive..."nnHe holds the shard against his chest a moment. Suddenly a dark, radiant glow emanates from his hand as the shard seems to slip into his body before disappearing. You look on in shock; this isn't something many would consider. While any warlock could take a soul shard from an enemy, how many could then proceed to absorb it into themselves like this?nn"With the last of my energy, I managed to successfully absorb the corrupt soul shard into my body, meshing with my soul. The shard was able to ward off the effects of the exorcism, rejuvenating me and allowing my body to heal once more. But as Cyneia and Vayn returned to my aid, it became clear that the shard had established another interesting side effect..."nnThanoss clenches his fist in front of you, a bright devilish grin on his face. "The ability to wield corrupt light. A plague which would amplify my own abilities, I had become exponentially stronger... and even more aggressive in my endeavors.nn"Vayn, knowing exactly what had occurred, saw it his duty to put me down, but no longer did he possess the capability to do such. I had grown far too powerful, and I had been overcome by a lust for even more. Indeed, more than ever, I had become a god among men.nn"However, this power had come at a cost. While the corrupt shard had the trait of amplifying my powers, and even doing so further with the absorption of more soul shards, it would also drain my very soul by doing so. To combat this, as well as to gain greater power to help carry out my vengeance, I would need to absorb a tremendous amount of souls."nnThanoss quickly stands to his feet before slamming a hand to the table. The innkeeper, as well as the nearby vendors, turn away with a look of angst. You give them a passing eye before glaring up at Thanoss, who looks down at you with evil eyes, a smile only the devil could muster, and a tone to indicate the greatest pride as his voice now increases in volume.nn"Fortunately for me," he continues, "I had finally established the trust of the Dreamers. They would serve me as men should a god, falling into trap after trap until I had taken everything from them that I would need to fulfill my goals.nn"With Cyneia by my side, with her knowledge of the facilitation of the souls' powers, and my need and desire to extract as much power from those who would foolishly follow my every whim... Such did the harvest begin!"

Thanoss

Part 4: The Soul Harvest

Postby Thanoss » Tue May 04, 2010 5:56 pm

The nearby spectators to Thanoss' exposition wince at the mention of the "harvest". It's obvious that Thanoss has coined the term to signify something much more sinister than what could be assumed at face value. He seems to have earned not only an infamous reputation among his peers in Silvermoon, but also instilled a degree of disgust and fear so great they'd sooner run from him than shun him, as though he's become accepted as a perpetual threat, yet somehow trusted to not act upon it.nnThanoss leads you from the inn's eastern exit into the city's eastern courtyard, his pace slow and steady towards the north as he continues to explain himself.nn"As I said, absorbing the corrupt shard gave me many perks as well as handicaps," he goes on. "First and foremost, it amplified my existing powers, at the cost of absorbing my soul's energies. To combat this, and in turn further amplify these powers, I was forced to bring the souls of others into myself, so as to preserve my own. Because my own soul was small, brittle, yet flexible at the time, this became a very easy task thanks to the extensive studies I had done previously regarding souls. Coupled with Cyneia's research into using souls as weapons, it became obvious that I had a very specific component to gather in order to institute my coming revenge."nnAs you continue walking with him, his felhunter trailing behind, he pulls a soul shard from his pack and shows it to you. "The soul is like flesh: you can take it in pieces, and eventually it'll grow back. But take it all, and the soul is gone forever. Many are under the impression that their souls are one finite energy, unbreakable, inseparable... when in reality, taking a shard from someone is like cutting their skin. Yes, at first there's damage, but eventually all wounds will heal, and the subject will barely notice the difference."nnThanoss takes the shard and places it back into his pack as you near the Farstriders' square, their finest archers training ever so diligently on the training dummies nearby. He points to a doorway barely visible to the northeast of the square, leading you to it as he continues. "The other perk I received from the corrupt shard was the power of corrupt light. This power, to speak ironically, would be the blessing I needed for my coming plan to work. You see, while facilitating the power of shadow against a warrior of the Light such as Reinhardt would be devastating, it would also leave me vulnerable to the power of the Light in turn. As was previously proven by him, he had the upper hand when left at this. However, corrupt light would prove to be the weapon which tipped the scales in my favor.nn"The thing about corrupt light is, to put it simply, that it's light meant to destroy light. Like shadow, it can cripple those who follow the Light, but unlike shadow it comes with an inherent resistance to anything short of the purest holy magic, something many claim to have but few actually possess. Because of this, those who would normally be the ones to decimate me would become the easiest prey... such as Reinhardt." He grins as he leads you through the doorway, down a spiral staircase into a long, thin hallway. "With the corrupt shard within me, I had essentially made myself into an invincible weapon, able to cripple followers of the Light while taking no damage in return. If all went to plan, I would become unstoppable."nnAs you near the end of the hallway you notice it open up into a small room. Torrents of arcane energy assault you as you follow Thanoss into the room. To each side you see a Blood Knight guard acknowledge your presence before narrowing their eyes on Thanoss. On the ground ahead of you lay several magisters, some holding their heads, others motionless. They occasionally seem to groan, not so much from pain, but more from a sense of disorientation. You take a moment to look up, seeing that the room's ceiling actually opens up into a larger room above you, and various Blood Knights can be seen passing near the opening's railing. It doesn't take long for you to realize where you are, what's occurred here.nn"This is where the Blood Knights stole the Light, as it were," Thanoss chimes in. "Our once leader, Kael'thas Sunstrider, brought a naaru from Tempest Keep to this very room. Its name was M'uru, and it was imprisoned here to be used as a source of limitless energy to be harnessed by the Blood Knights." He takes a moment to glance at you. "Against its will, its energies were siphoned, to be later used as a form of power wielded by others. Sound familiar?" He pulls a soul shard from his pack once more. It takes but a moment for you to make the connection. So, this is what the harvest was...nn"A soul's powers, its energies, have a direct relationship with the individual they were taken from. Most warlocks, out of courtesy, choose to take soul shards from their enemies rather than their allies. Unfortunately, this method means they miss out on degrees of power that could make them gods..." He puts the shard back into his pack and continues. "You see, the more pure, innocent, and kind the individual, the more powerful their soul. Women, children, the elderly... These were prime targets. Enemy or ally, it didn't matter; I took them all.nn"Of course, taking the souls of the weak was often frowned upon, and as predicted it wasn't something I could get away with for long. I was quickly recognized for these acts, and watched by those of authority for some time. I needed new subjects, ones who could defend themselves... but wouldn't."nnYou nod, seeing where this is going. "The Azerothian Dreamers."nnThanoss looks to you and smirks. "That's correct. I already had their approval. Hell, for a brief period I was their leader. They trusted me with their lives... and I saw to it that I capitalized on that." He clenches a fist, grinning at you with a look of pride. "One by one, I tore the Dreamers apart. None were safe, and as predicted, few put up a fight. Those that did were often subdued. As for those that would not fall..." He pulls the soul shard from his pack once more, holding it out in front of him. A bright purple light suddenly explodes from it, and as the flash dissipates, it appears the shard has vanished. You look to Thanoss for clarification. "Soulshatter."nnYou grit your teeth in anger. "So you forcefully took pieces of their souls, and if anyone put up enough of a fight, rather than return it you... destroyed it?"nnHe nods. "That's right. You see, I quickly realized something as I was conducting this harvest: if I showed any kind of weakness at any point, the whole thing would become compromised. Others would believe that fighting me over their shard may entitle them to get it back... and I couldn't afford for that to happen.nn"The harvest lasted for some weeks before I felt confident in the power I had accumulated. Many of the Dreamers lost recoverable portions of their souls throughout the event, including the leaders Elizsha and Khazanthael. But the one particular target I had in mind, Vayn the empathic paladin, managed to evade my grasp on several occasions. During the final stages of the harvest however, a young warlock named Eivaliena had caught the eye of Vayn, making exploiting his defenses easier in theory. Unfortunately, all my attempts at conducting such were foiled one way or another, and in the end I never managed to sample a piece of his soul.nn"At the conclusion of the harvest, with Cyneia at my side, I headed back to Darkshire, this time wielding Cyneia's soul-based weaponized energies, the power of corrupt light, and the souls of hundreds of innocent victims. In an attempt to ensure her safety, I pleaded with Cyneia to remain at a distance while I carried out my vengeance, and to escape should anything happen to me.nn"Reinhardt's forces had apparently somehow anticipated my arrival, setting up a trap. The town was virtually empty, yet I was so starved for vengeance that I blindly ran into his home only to be cornered by his henchmen along with every guard Darkshire had to offer at the time. To my surprise, Reinhardt himself attended, seeing fit to not only witness what he believed would be my final demise, but land the finishing blow once more. Neither of us holding anything back, a war was had in that home.nn"As had been requested, Cyneia made her escape as soon as she realized I'd been ambushed. Few have seen one man stand to such an army as that which Reinhardt summoned, and as such she was convinced that I had departed from the incident. Running as quickly as she could, she met up with the Dreamers, who were attending an event at Revantusk Village in the Hinterlands. There she spoke to various members of my certain death, many of whom were victims of my harvest. While many felt a weight be lifted from them, they still reacted to the news with sympathy... While I'd turned many of them into enemies over the recent events, it was not their wish to see me pass. Deep down they had sympathized with my intentions for vengeance, and despite my aggressive means of justifying it, they felt it was not a fair outcome for me to die as a result of these events."nnThanoss lets out a sigh, closing his eyes as he lifts his head to the ceiling. "For a moment, they actually felt sorry for me. For a moment, I still had some kind of family to run back to should everything fall apart. But then..." He grits his teeth, opening his eyes while clenching his fists. "...HE had to show up."nnYou narrow your eyes on Thanoss. "Who showed up?"nnHe turns and glares at you, a fire seeming to burn within his eyes. "The man who taught me the dark arts, Solthas Quel'Furon... And that bastard, he ruined everything... He told them the truth."

Thanoss

Part 5: Deception's End

Postby Thanoss » Wed May 12, 2010 2:26 am

The lush, yet infected wastelands stretched before the elven death knight as he leisurely rode upon his undead steed. His glowing blue eyes casually observed the surroundings; corruption was everywhere in the Plaguelands, an avid reminder that the Scourge was far from withdrawn from Azeroth. The very trees themselves even wore twisted faces of agony, as if the land itself were being turned undead.nnAs his steed trotted along, the knight reached into his pack looking for a particular slip of paper. He managed to pull the paper, but also a photograph along with it. In the photograph stood a family of Blood Elves: a father, his wife, and their son, merely an infant in the picture. They cast a look of pure happiness, the father clad in Blood Knight armaments as he stands behind his family, a look of pure devotion in his eyes, ready and willing at any moment to give his blood and soul for his family...nnThe dark knight winced after studying the photograph a moment, then quickly placed it back into his pack. He shifted his attention to the slip of paper which he had pulled. As his steed continued, he reread the note to himself:nn"I've information of the utmost importance in regards to your new student. Meet me several yards from the gates of Tyr's Hand, we've much to discuss."nnThe note was unsigned, however it bore the watermark of the Scarlet Crusade upon the upper corner. The Crusade had become an enemy to many as of late, choosing to fight the Scourge as well as the Alliance and Horde, and any others who would not fully commit to their ideals. The death knight knew that he'd have to use great caution coming close to one of the Crusade's establishments, as they would not consider him a friendly guest by any means.nnThe knight directed his steed to settle upon a nearby hill, allowing him to overlook the gates of Tyr's Hand from afar. As he carefully dismounted, he took a moment to glance about, observing the guards by the gates dutifully keeping their eyes peeled for any opposition, undead or not.nnAs the knight continued to observe the guards, a devious smirk slowly spread upon him. He sensed the living nearby, and instinctively drew his blade, twirling his body around just in time to block the coming strike. For a split second, the knight had a chance to see his opposition. The man holding the other blade was obviously another Blood Elf. He wore the colors of the Crusade, down to the tabard and helm. To the death knight's amazement, this opponent was no amateur; the Scarlet paladin wielded his blade with the balance and certainty of a seasoned professional.nnQuickly deflecting the strike, the death knight tried to capitalize on what he was certain to be a stumbling reaction on the paladin's part. Astounded once more, the paladin not only maintained his footing but struck again, this time light emanating from his blade, holy power swirling around him as the power of Light assaulted the death knight.nnThe pain was excruciating as the blade cut upon his flesh, exorcising it, but certainly not enough to subdue this death knight. A successful strike leaves an opponent open to retaliation, and the knight made sure to exploit this. Grabbing the paladin's blade arm with his free hand, he proceeded to twist his arm, pulling the blade from his grasp before shoving the paladin to his knees. As the paladin struggled to regain his composure, he was presented with two blade focused on him, inches from ending his life.nnThe Scarlet paladin looked upon the blades with no fear. "You fool, you're creating a monster. You must be stopped before he becomes irrecoverable!"nnThe death knight hesitated upon hearing this. Of course, he thought, this is who sent me the letter to meet him here. Without a wavering muscle, the knight responded to the paladin. "Light, shadow... What does it matter? Simply opposing powers that can be used to accomplish the same tasks."nnThe paladin nodded. "Yes, they can be, or they can accomplish completely different tasks." As though in defiance of the threat on his life, the paladin scrambled to his feet, glaring into the blue eyes of the death knight. "I won't lie to you, I lured you here to kill you, Solthas."nnThe death knight let out a short sigh, rolling his eyes. "Well you've done an amazing job, kid. Now how do you know my name?"nnWith sudden, lightning reflexes the paladin quickly kicked into the knight's left hand, knocking his blade loose. Before the knight could react the paladin caught his blade in mid-air, pointing it back at the knight's throat. A look of intensity overcame him. "Don't think for a moment that you're safe from my wrath, death knight. I know what you're doing to my brother, and I'm not going to let it continue!"nnSolthas stopped dead in his tracks. This kid is good, he thought, too good for the Scarlet Crusade. "Your brother... Thanoss? Then that would make you..." He grinned at the paladin as he lowered his blade. "...Soleon Sunhawk."nnThe paladin scowled at Solthas. "Ah, so he told you about his family then? And what exactly did he tell you, Solthas? Some sob story where he was a victim I assume?"nnSolthas kept his eyes glued on the paladin. "If you could call it that. He crawled from Eversong all the way to Tirisfal seeking a man of my talents. And from what he told me, the power for revenge, which I can give him, is something he and your family all deserve." With his bare hand, he swatted the paladin's blade away from his throat. "From where I see it, he's the only one out to set things right!"nnThe paladin scoffed and shook his head. "You're kidding. He's telling people that this is about avenging his family..." Gritting his teeth, the paladin dropped his blade to the ground, taking some steps from the death knight with his hands on his hips.nnSolthas nodded, finding it appropriate to sheathe his blade. "If you ask me, this Reinhardt fellow he's talked about deserves what's coming to him, after what he did to your parents."nnThe paladin stopped cold. For a moment he barely breathed. "...Unbelievable."nnSolthas cocked his head at the paladin. "You trying to tell me that was all a lie?"nnSoleon nodded as he turned to face the death knight again. "I was there for most of it. And let me tell you, Reinhardt didn't kill our parents."nn---nnThe beginning of Thanoss' tale was true. The youngest of three brothers, he had chosen to excel in the power of mind rather than blade, and quickly proved to be the most ambitious of the three. Indeed, so great were his eventual powers as a priest that he could level armies of Scourge single-handedly, using Light as the ultimate weapon against the undead. He was a legend, one many strived to emulate.nnBut the Scourge armies kept coming. Thanoss could kill hundreds upon thousands, yet his progress had few results to show. Life, the essence by which the Light was built to maintain, proved time and time again to be inferior to death and undeath, darkness winning out every time. One after another Thanoss would take down battalions of undead, and one by one they'd simply rise again. While from a technical standpoint he was doing exactly as he should, Thanoss soon found a disgust towards the Light, and began to envy the death and decay wielded by the Scourge.nnThis envy was quickly identified as he would occasionally be returned to aiding his colleagues in battle. Once one of the greater healers of his time, Thanoss had suddenly developed a curiosity for death, purposefully allowing his allies to fall in hopes that he may learn how to reanimate them as the undead could. While neglecting his allies, he trained his powers of light to, in essence, invert itself, turning it to powers of shadow. Some say he simply became corrupt by the Scourge, as everything else in its path had.nnSilvermoon's militant forces were oblivious of Thanoss' developing intentions, however his parents were not. Fearing for the life and wellness of his son, Virgil Sunhawk reinstated himself in the Blood Knights, retaining his previous rank, allowing him control over his son's orders. He wanted, above all else, to whisk his son from the front lines, afford him a temporary leave of absence, and try to redirect him back onto the right path.nnBut Thanoss immediately caught on to his father's intentions and disappeared, eventually declared missing in action. Virgil, knowing that having any forces of the Horde search for his son could add irreparable scars to the Sunhawk name as well as his son's, chose instead to employ freelance trackers from the Alliance. While not trusting them for a moment, he felt it was his only option in finding his son.nnOne after another, trackers of the Alliance were sent to find Thanoss. Unfortunately it seemed that his son did not want to be found, as each tracker was eventually found dead at a location Thanoss was assumed to be hiding. Virgil was ready to give up.nnThen one day a human paladin named Reinhardt came to the Sunhawk estate with distressing news. One of the trackers sent to find Thanoss had managed to flee from him, reporting a shocking revelation to Reinhardt and his men: Mistaking the trackers as assassins sent by his family to kill him, Thanoss was planning to retaliate.nnVirgil knew then that it was too late; Thanoss had become a monster, one that he had created, one that he was now forced to put down. Following his pleadings for such, Reinhardt summoned an army to intercept Thanoss at the Sunhawk estate, while news of the coming assault was sent to Virgil's other sons, Soleon and Arkaos.nnThe following night, Virgil and Ashe, their sons Soleon and Arkaos, and Reinhardt and his men all stood in front of the estate, weapons drawn, ready to subdue a man once revered as one of the most powerful priests of his time.nnFrom the shadows of the night crept Thanoss, his eyes now a fiery red. Dark energy arced from his body, petrifying the grass around him. Darkness had indeed consumed his mind and soul, as his body itself had become a transparent shadow, bending the light around it to its own will. A devilish smirk formed on his face as he observed the soon-to-be battlefield before him. "Like all mortals, you fear power... You want nothing more than to destroy anything that threatens life." He clenched his fist, rays of shadow energy exploding from his hand. "I could've shared this power with you, father... I could've made you, and the rest of our family all-powerful... We could've been gods." He cackled manically between sentences. "But no, out of your own foolish fear, you would smite your own son rather than watch him make something greater of us all."nnHis sons and wife looked to Virgil, who hung his head with a look of shame in his eyes. "No, Thanoss... My son wanted only to fight for what would make Azeroth a better place. To rid the land of the forbidden powers of the Scourge, and to help maintain peace and order in our home." A tear rolled down his cheek as he slowly rose his head to look into Thanoss' eyes. "My son died... the moment you desired the powers of the Scourge." Drawing his blade, he slowly pointed it towards the dark entity, tears continuing to shed from his eyes, his voice wavering. "Thanoss... you are my son... no longer."nnStruggling to hold back their own tears, his wife Ashe, along with his sons Soleon and Arkaos, all drew their weapons, followed by Reinhardt and his army. A look of shock overcame Thanoss upon hearing his father's words. After losing a struggle to hold back his tears, the look soon transitioned to that of vile hatred. With a deafening cry, Thanoss lunged at the army before him, bringing with him a tidal wave of black energies.nn---nnSolthas studied the paladin closely, watching the tears stream down his face. Wiping them away, Soleon glaced up at the death knight, clearing his throat as he concluded the story. "That night, despite the hundreds who opposed him... Thanoss succeeded in killing... our parents."nnSolthas shook his head, careful to believe anything too quickly. "Then why the hate for Reinhardt? Why the unusual resilience to death?"nnThe paladin let out a sigh as he turned away from Solthas. "After taking down mother and father, Thanoss targeted Arkaos and I next. Reinhardt made it a point to defend us, and he managed to finally kill Thanoss before he could kill us."nnCocking his head, Solthas sauntered over to the side of Soleon so he may face him again. "But because he was your brother, you couldn't just leave him dead..."nnLooking back into Solthas' eyes, the paladin gritted his teeth in sudden anger. "I couldn't retrieve my parents' souls. Arkaos was traumatized, Thanoss would be all that I had left!" He clenched his fist and looked away one more. "It was mistake... I was hoping he would've learned his lesson. Instead, I basically did him a favor by bringing him back from the dead. He came back with a better understanding for the powers of darkness than he had before he died."nnSolthas nodded as he finally returned to his steed, the basic idea of the conversation finally being concluded in his mind. "So he came through the Scourge territories, searching for someone to guide his hand..." Mounting his steed, the knight let out a sigh of angst. "If what you say is true, then you're right: I'm creating a monster."nnThe paladin glanced up at the knight, a sudden look of fear in his eyes. "Once he defeats Reinhardt, he'll simply pick up where he left off." He knelt before the knight, placing his hands upon the knight's leg. "You must stop teaching him the dark arts, Solthas. His intentions are not for the vengeance of his family or the better of Azeroth, but to fulfill his own agendas. I beg of you, stop."nnRolling his eyes once more, the knight sighed. "Whether what you're saying is true or not, this is becoming too complicated for me to deal with... Consider it done."nn---nnHaving heard the story, you glare at Thanoss with what you're certain is the coldest stare you could muster up. He looks to you, noting your wish to elaborate. "After speaking with my brother, Solthas immediately dropped me as a student. Of course, as you can see, I--"nn"You killed your own parents?!" you interrupt.nnThanoss takes a moment before continuing. His failure to deny it answers the question, yet leaves so much unanswered. "As I said before, I'd developed enough at that point to train myself. I was oblivious to my brother's intervention, until I'd heard that Solthas had paid a visit to the Dreamers in Revantusk. He told everyone, and as you could imagine, they didn't take well to having been lied to by me. They all quickly developed a hateful opinion of me, almost thankful that I had apparently died attempting to seek my vengeance." He lets out a sigh. "I'd go as far as to say that even Cyneia began pulling herself from my side at that point.nn"Of course, I didn't die. No, I finally had my vengeance... And I made it all worth it." Thanoss grins deviously at the thought. "After killing his men, I spent two weeks torturing him and his family, forcing him to witness his wife and children suffer slowly until they cried for a swift death... Then forced him to watch as I brought about their end as slowly and painfully as I could, one by one. Reinhardt himself would, of course, receive the greatest suffering... It's amazing, how long a man can survive with only a few vital organs left intact...nn"Following the conclusion to my vengeance, I snuck my way back into Silvermoon where I met up with Cyneia once more. She told me of Solthas' coming, and that's when I knew I'd become a true enemy of the Dreamers.nn"Normally I couldn't care less. I didn't want to be stopped; I wanted more, and I knew I was at a point of near immortality. Unfortunately, the Dreamers had someone who not only knew the true nature of the powers I possessed, but possessed the powers which could cripple me.nn"Only the purest of Light can truly overcome the powers of corruption, and I only knew one paladin who controlled such power. If I were to remain a god among men, I would only have to eliminate those whom possessed a power of similar scale."nnHolding his scarred hand before him, he turns to you and smirks. "The empathic paladin; I'd have to kill Vayn."

Thanoss

Part 6: The Final Stand

Postby Thanoss » Tue May 18, 2010 3:08 pm

Thanoss clenches his fist, the smirk on his face slowly fading as memories of the events flood into his mind. He looks to you and nods, wearing a solemn look, almost sad. "Come with me, my tale nears its end." Everything Thanoss has told you to this point has shown you the secrets to this elf's personality. You replay these traits in your mind, analyzing him to the fullest extent as he leads you through Silvermoon's halls.nnHe's unnaturally resilient to physical harm, convinced of his theory that his body compensates for his withering soul. To gain the trust of the dark knight Solthas Quel'Furon, as well as the Azerothian Dreamers, he fabricated his background to make himself look like a victim. In reality, Thanoss had lived a fairly cushy lifestyle compared to most, bred and raised by his parents to be a great warrior against the Scourge. His own desires for destructive power caused him to invert his powers of light into powers of darkness, and rather than help his allies he became intrigued by their deaths, sometimes capitalizing on them. He fled from the military as well as his family, grew paranoid, and eventually lashed out at his parents, killing them in the process.nnAfter joining the Dreamers he maintained whatever façade was necessary to keep the members trusting him. Once he'd attained that trust, established a relationship with someone with an intuitive knowledge of souls, and taken a piece of a corrupt paladin's power, Thanoss made his move, quickly turning on the entire guild. He showed obvious signs of deception, greed, lust, and manipulation.nnThe fact that he is so forthcoming about all of this is both reassuring and unsettling at the same time. If all that he's said is true, he would state it so freely only to prove that it was a part of his past that he had walked away from, a changed man. On the other hand, Thanoss shows signs of delusion and paranoia coupled with an intellect rivaling the prodigal and insane. He could just as easily show his hand, only to have an ace in the hole waiting, striking blind from nowhere, crippling those who would bite the bait.nnThanoss had at one time told the Azerothian Dreamers a lie so as to gain their trust. Nothing could prevent him from just as easily walking into Nyx with the painful truth, gaining the same trust, putting them in the same perilous position. Trust and acceptance seem to be the driving motivation behind Thanoss' honesty with Nyx, yet they also seem to be what he considers the greatest weapons. As history has shown time and time again, the only thing more dangerous than an enemy... is an ally.nnYou're certain that not only does Thanoss know this, but that he'll fight to the death to wield such a weapon. Unfortunately when it comes to a battle of attrition, Thanoss has shown time and time again that he has the upper hand...nnYou break away from your thoughts a moment to observe your destination. Thanoss has led you to the top tier of the Court of the Sun, near Silvermoon's grand fountain. The bridge nearby overlooks the chasm that bites into the northwest of the court, dozens of guards standing before the entrance to Sunfury Spire. A few of Silvermoon's citizens casually walk through the area, some occasionally glancing at Thanoss before quickly turning away.nn"This," Thanoss begins, extending his arms as he walks near the western edge of the fountain, "is where it all happened: the final showdown."nnThanoss stops near a certain part of the fountain. As you look carefully, you see a faint, golden light shimmer on the water's surface. Thanoss stands by it, looking into the light as you are, the look of sadness intensifying in his eyes. "This is where... we died."nnYou glance up at him, signaling a desire for clarification. Thanoss' felhunter Khuumyn runs up to the sparkling pool of water and freezes. Thanoss pets his felhunter a moment before looking to you, reading your eyes. "When I snuck back into Silvermoon, my first mission was to eliminate opposition. At the time, Vayn was the only person I knew of who understood my power and could stop me.nn"Meeting with Cyneia, I devised a plan. In my mind, it was too risky to fight Vayn head on, as he had an equal chance of coming out the victor as I did. Instead, I figured out a way to make him willingly give his life to me. It was perfect..." Thanoss takes a moment to stare into his scarred hand. "But unfortunately, it turned out things had changed since I'd left."nn---nnThe starlit sky, assisting the bright, shimmering moon, gazed a serene light upon the citizens of Silvermoon. The Court of the Sun's fountain trickled water from its spouts, creating gently ripples which lapped against the fountain's edge. Kneeling by the edge, a great paladin of the Light looked at his reflection, taking in a deep breath to release some tension he had held.nn"Vayn!" came a call behind him. He turned and smiled as he saw his girlfriend Eivaliena make her way to his side. She smiled up at him as they embraced for a moment before the paladin gently pushed her away so as to look into her eyes once more. A look of curiosity came over the girl's face. "What were you doing, Vayn?"nnVayn casually smiled back at her. "Just thinking." He put away his current thoughts, focusing on his girl. "How's your warlock training been going, Eiva?"nnEivaliena smiled back at him. "It's been going alright, slow but steady." She giggled at him. "So stop deflecting! What were you thinking about?"nnVayn's smile quickly faded as he released his hands from his lover's shoulders, walking away from the fountain a bit. "I've been having... visions..."nnEivaliena, twirling in place to face Vayn, returned a look of worry. "What visions? What have you seen?"nnVayn lowered his head, a pained look on his face. "Reinhardt, a powerful paladin of the alliance, has returned to the Light." He looked into Eiva's eyes, realizing the point needed to be elaborated. "The fact that he's fallen means that Thanoss has succeeded in his mission. Furthermore, Thanoss claimed that Reinhardt had killed his parents. Yet if he had truly committed such a crime, the Light would not take him." He shook his head, closing his eyes as he put pieces of the puzzle together. "The dark knight from Revantusk was right; Reinhardt didn't kill his parents, Thanoss did."nn"Lies!" came another cry from directly behind Vayn. He turned to face Cyneia, Thanoss' mistress and accomplice. She glared at him with tear-filled eyes, gently sobbing as she pointed a finger at him. "Thanoss was a victim of that bastard's blade just as his parents were. He had a right for vengeance, he did everything he could to rid our world of one more abomination, and you stand there and play like Reinhardt is the victim?!"nn"Reinhardt is the victim!" Vayn replied. "You have no idea what you're involved in, Cyneia. Thanoss is a dangerous man, and I may be the only one who can stop him!"nnA rage building in her eyes, Cyneia reached into her robes as though ready to pull out a weapon. Standing ready to defend himself, Vayn reached back and pulled his hammer from its holster, eyes steady and focusing on--nn"VAYN!"nnEiva's sudden perilous call reverberated through the court. His heart skipping a beat, Vayn quickly turned back to his girl. She stood stiff, a look of terror in her eyes, her left arm pulled behind her back, a blade resting across her collarbone, threatening her neck. Holding the blade and her arm, standing firmly behind her, was Thanoss, a triumphant smirk on his face.nnVayn's readiness had faltered. He stared into Eiva's eyes with a look of concern and compassion before lifting his gaze to meet Thanoss'. Hammer still held tight, he gritted his teeth. "Let her go, Thanoss! She didn't do anything wrong!"nnThanoss returned with a maniacal cackle. "She got involved with you, Vayn. She'll be proof of what happens to those who align themselves with my enemies!" He tightened the grip on Eiva, keeping her close, the blade nicking her skin, drawing a small tear of blood. "Now drop your weapon, and take what's coming to you... or your precious girlfriend dies!"nnVayn began trembling in his armor, not out of fear of death or of Thanoss, but out of fear for Eivaliena's safety. As a monster, Thanoss had the upper hand in that he could resort to practically anything to rise victorious. Slowly and apprehensively, Vayn began to lower his weapon, his eyes locked on to Eiva. He was inches from having placed his weapon on the ground when he got a look from Eiva, a look of sudden defiance and anger. She was done playing the victim.nnA burst of purple light suddenly exploded from between Eivaliena and Thanoss. A look of sheer panic in his eyes, Thanoss pushed the girl away from him as he cried out in agony. She quickly rushed to Vayn's side, holding in her hand a large, pulsing purple crystal. She had taken a huge piece of Thanoss' soul.nnThanoss' knees buckled, his strength fading as he dropped his sword, groans of pain escaping his mouth. His hands, now trembling uncontrollably, raced through his pack but came out empty. Looking to Cyneia with a continue expression of panic and terror, he cried out to her. "My soul... nearly gone! Throw me a shard, quickly!"nnAs Thanoss held out a trembling hand to her, his expression of terror faded to a look of sadness as he gazed into Cyneia's eyes. She looked back at him, tears streaming down her face, with a look of fear and sadness. Without words, Cyneia had communicated everything that had just happened to Thanoss, and was about to happen.nn"Cyneia... I'm sorry."nnShe nodded and turned her face away. "...So am I." With that she extended her hand out at Thanoss, a ray of purple light being pulled from his body into her hand, as she drained the last of Thanoss' soul, creating a small, purple crystal in her palm.nnThanoss' gaze turned to the sky, the starry sky which had illuminated the night. His life, his essence fading, he closed his eyes and fell to his knees as the last of his powers were taken from him by Cyneia, his one love.nn---nnThanoss looks downward as tears escape his eyes, continuing to stare at the scar in his hand. "Cyneia had grown to fear me. She had fallen in love with the lies, and I had broken her heart with the truth." He brings his eyes to look into yours as you stare at him, continuing to study him. "Shortly after my return, she had spoken to Eivaliena in secret about my plan to vanquish Vayn using her. She knew it would be a moment of opportunity, possibly the last, and that it was imperative that it be taken advantage of. So they made their own plan... to weaken me when I least expected it."nnYou let out a sigh and shake your head, your eyes wandering to his felhunter who is now lapping at the fountain. "But I take it there's more. I mean, here you are now, after all."nnThanoss nods to you. "Oh yes, you see... I wasn't dead yet."nn---nnThanoss' eyes shot open suddenly. Emptiness had consumed him, his soul gone. He remained but an empty husk, yet still he was alive. A look of bewilderment in his eyes, he lowered his head and gazed at Vayn, who had tended to Eiva and now returned his glance to him. Vayn's eyes opened wide, and that's when Thanoss felt it, deep in his chest, exploding out of him... Corrupt light.nnWith no soul to feed off, the corrupt shard within him had taken control of his body, acting as its own soul. Unstable and now many times more dangerous, the corrupt power was now exploding from him, anxious to assault everything it could. Thanoss' mind quickly lost control as the shard took over, his body merely a vessel for an antagonistic ethereal power. Emotions, motives, identity, everything that made him a self-conscious being had been stripped from him. Unpredictable, no longer chained to any rational thought, Thanoss, or what little was left of him, had become far more dangerous than before.nnBut Vayn saw the weakness this had created. Thanoss' body became resilient only due to the fact that his soul had become weak. Now his soul had been replaced by an immeasurable power which was now amplifying itself on an exponential scale. To maintain balance, his body would no longer be resilient.nnHammer tightly clenched, Vayn lunged at Thanoss and gave his strongest, most devastating swing he could. The impact hit its mark perfectly, crushing Thanoss' chest cavity and knocking him back several feet. As he landed on his back, blood spurted from his mouth and the wound in his chest. Vayn's grip settled as he saw the blood continue to flow freely from Thanoss' body, the wound not healing quickly as it normally had for him.nnOn his back, Thanoss continued to stare to the sky as Vayn and Eivaliena huddled to his right, Cyneia to his left, tears in her eyes as she sobbed quietly. Picking up his scarred left hand, Cyneia placed his palm on her cheek as she and the others watched the life fade from his eyes.nn---nnThanoss keeps his eyes on his scarred palm, wiping a final tear from his eye with his other hand. "For months, I had spent every day retracing the scar on this hand, trying to keep it from healing, so that I may remember Cyneia." He clenches his fist and closes his eyes. "After Vayn delivered the final blow, I got my wish; the scar never healed again."nnHe opens his eyes and glances to the shimmering spot in the fountain. "With both my body and soul completely out of commission, all that was left was the corrupt light. Acting as a replacement to my soul, it was literally considered one, and as my family as well as Vayn believed, it would wind up in one of two places: the twisting nether, or the Light.nn"Vayn immediately identified the problem. While evil in nature, the corrupt light which had taken me was, in essence, an innocent, inanimate force. Because of that, it would mistakenly embraced by the Light, where it could potentially destroy the balance of souls.nn"So Vayn did the only thing that could really be done at that point. He took the corrupt light from my body, and brought the power into himself. Possessing the purest light as an empathic paladin, he was able to neutralize the corrupt shard's power, but at the cost of his life."nnThanoss kneels by the shimmering light, placing a hand within it, watching the water chop up its image. "With the last of his power, Vayn resurrected me, rejoining a portion of my soul to my body, and healing the damage he had inflicted. When I finally awoke, I was laying in a bed in Falconwing Square's inn, outside of Silvermoon. To this day, I've seen nor heard from Eivaliena, Cyneia, or any of the Dreamers."nnThanoss takes in a deep breath and lets out a long sigh. "After some time to reflect and come to terms with everything, I looked for a place to start over. It was recommended to me that Nyx be an ideal place to fulfill my needs."nnAs you glance at him a moment, he shrugs and smirks at you once more. "And... well... now I'm here. I'm certainly a man who's done terrible things in my past, but I'd like to see if I can put some of my skills to better use."nnYou let out a sigh and shake your head. "I'm afraid you're at a loss here, Thanoss. Easily if you've lied to me, just as well if it's all true." Feeling a sudden surge of anger, you bring yourself right up into Thanoss' face, not feeling even a morsel of fear. "You've openly admitted to desiring destruction over life, you admitted to killing your own parents because they tried to stop you, and you manipulated an entire guild to serve as cattle for your desire for vengeance on a man who did nothing but try to stop you from becoming a monster! Why the hell should anyone in Nyx trust you?!"nnThanoss looks deep into your eyes a moment, studying you before producing a wide smile. "Trust me? Oh my friend, you've misunderstood." He lets out a laugh, snapping his fingers to signal for his felhunter to follow him as he starts walking by you. "I didn't tell you my story so you could trust me, I told you simply to warn you."nnAs he begins walking away, you feel compelled to understand more. "Warn me about what?"nnHe stops in his tracks, then slowly turns to face you one last time. "Even gods know fear..." He points a finger at your tabard and smirks. "...even yours."

Thanoss

Final Words

Postby Thanoss » Tue May 18, 2010 11:23 pm

(( This concludes Thanoss' background story. As stated previously, parts 3 through 6 are all based on actual roleplay events which took place between October and December 2009, and have been told in a style to reflect Thanoss' point of view, not my own views of the events.nnSome of the events told have been slightly altered from the original events out of sheer dramatic effect, however not to an extent that would truly fabricate the events.nn---nnThanoss was originally a character with nothing more than a dark past and a sadistic, yet otherwise harmless personality. His initial backstory, as told in part 2, was originally meant to be a true account.nnI first met the Azerothian Dreamers on Arkaos. Some time after joining, I brought in Thanoss, who I made my main for the guild. Despite some of the bad habits the Dreamers became notorious for, I did learn a lot about roleplaying due almost entirely to my membership. It was only by sheer oversight that Thanoss became a high-ranking member of the guild within a short period of time, even serving as an in-character leader for about a week. Following the above events, I made Thanoss a true outcast by going as far as leaving the guild permanently, a decision admittedly also influenced by out of character motives. The Dreamers have since moved to another server.nnVayn's "death" was planned to coincide with the player's desire to faction-change the character. Following his wish to have Vayn die a hero, I made Thanoss into his antagonist, going as far as to recreate his backstory and intensify his personality to accomodate such. The character himself has since been moved to another realm, however the player has recently returned to Emerald Dream, Horde-side. He no longer roleplays.nnCyneia was a low-level alt of Eri, someone I became good friends with out of character. Following the conclusion of the above events, she stopped playing for a period of time, then returned, faction-changing most of her level 80 characters. Her currently most common character is Norisia of Starsong Tribe.nnSolthas, Soleon, and Arkaos were, and still are, alts I've reserved for their respective roles. I've yet to develop them as well as Thanoss, however I plan to do so in the future. Soleon and Arkaos served no direct purpose in the above events, however Solthas did in fact tell Thanoss' true past at a multi-guild event in Revantusk.nn---nnI would be thrilled to hear any feedback or criticism in regards to this backstory. Please leave a comment, it means a lot to me. ))nn5/19/10 - After May 20th I will be unable to make myself available in-game, however I intend to remain active on the forums, and likely will return in the near future. Details at viewtopic.php?p=29737#p29737

Return to “Library of the Sages”